ValiantSalvatore

What tool helped you the most in achieving your goals?

41 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

SM58♥️

Is that what i am thinking of?... Do you want a microphone, Nahm?

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Human Mint

Hells yes. Such a reliable workhorse too. Mine looks like it survived an apocalypse. 

Lol, mine too haha. Almost like it's been around since the beggining of time

@aurum Yes this is exactly what I mean! Do you just write it down? For example I want to buy the SM58 stage mic for my sound journey and then you write it down in your note-taking app? 

@Loba For me it's similar coffee does help me a lot and journaling, yet I threw my coffee machine out of my appartement I drank to much. What do you call introspection practice? What is that and how does that help you achieve your goals?

@Eternal Unity I'd love to have the patience and time to practice tai chi. 

@itachi uchiha I notice this when I don't surround myself with self-improvement material a lot especially in audible form as this is the most flexible. For example while cooking I often listend to the mastery audiobook, same as when working out. I do notice it reaches the depth of my unconscious a lot and then I take notes on this and ask myself... how will my behaviour change? Then write down what I want to implement, sometimes I am overwhelmed, by the sheer amount of exposure. Like 5x working out 1h approx of audiobook on 2x. Then note-taking. As well as cooking 20-30 minutes 5-7 times a week. Listening to audiobooks/self-improvement stuff. Showering listening to it etc.

I'd love to have a subconscious revelation, yet currently I don't really have one. I am surrounding myself more with "classic" self-help material currently and many topics interconnect. 

@Nahm I looked at your website and the dream board tbh I love the fking idea of it. I love whiteboards and earser boards look similar. I wanted to ask you again a couple of questions regarding the process. As well as what is your opinion for example on synchrodestiny in the context of manifesting desires. I really love Deepak Chopras work around manifestation and I tried it in a similar way, of how a you define the dreamboard. With a simple list and meditations.

What are you thoughts on synchrodestiny? Basically that your live becomes a miracle and stuff unfolds as well as desires manifest and you consistently act on them, especially on coincidences. For example I found my current psychotherapist because her therapy dog ran away and my mother found the dog on the street and somehow arrange it, so the dog came back to her. She was forever grateful that was shortly after my grandmother passed away and so I had a spot immediately, instead of waiting 3-6 months or so for a spot. Another example for a synchronistic event was a date of mine posting a phone call with her showing an image of what my second name stands for which is close to impossible as it's persian in origin and quiet random. Or for example in south korea I meet a girl who lived 1h away from my home town, so we talked and bonded immediately in the hostel which was totally random as well as the odds of that as it's not a densly populated areas is way to low. Such conincidences what are your thoughts on that? As well as do you act on them?

Sometimes I hesitate to act on them because I fear that the desire will not manifest. Sometimes the desire is also quite dark and does not feel fully ripe. Like texting the girl who posted a picture phone calling with my second name. 

@Ludwigvan That is very interesting! Especially the overriding of androgen receptors with testosteron as well as what even prolactin is, I heard the name of the hormon multiple times. Also the idea of not doing any activties that release more dopamine than my life purpose is highly interesting. I never thought about this. I do think just from the sheer amount of comfort I create in my enviroment that I tend to do that. Tea, good music or dopamine releasing music like trance for instance. Yet, I really struggle in the morning for years now. 

6 hours ago, Ludwigvan said:

Can be increased through; exercise and lifting weights, eating protein, minimizing stress and cortisol, high quality sleep, and a healthy lifestyle. 

I eat a lot of protein currently and I exercise with weights 5x a week. I meditate for minimizing stress and cortisol levels. Healthy lifestyle I am unsure.I do eat and drink quiet healthy etc. I could eat more fruits etc. Do you have any recommendation in terms of websites for such biological breakdowns that are pratical? Only thing I sometimes watch is the Huberman lab. 

6 hours ago, Ludwigvan said:

Just imagine if the only source of your pleasure, cravings, and motivation was your life purpose. Unlike the next tool this requires a significant change in lifestyle. Going cold turkey on media is necessary. As far as changing habits go I found that will-power is not enough. Instead to change your habits > change your environment. A disciplined environment does not require self control. And remember that a person cannot rise above how they see themself. This rearrangement of strong dopamine activities which may be addictions could mean a change in self-image. 

As far as testosterone goes you have to understand its two neural inhibitors estrogen and prolactin. Prolactin is a more esoteric, more difficult to find in literature as a neural inhibitor of testosterone but perhaps the most important. Prolactin is the exact opposite of testosterone and shuts down sexual desire and aggression in our psychology. Prolactin raises after orgasm and is that feeling of cessation and tiredness. Outwardly, it's associated with milk glands and pregnancy while testosterone can be physically seen as a deeper voice, facial hair, muscle growth, recovery, essentially protein synthesis, etc. The major mental effect of testosterone is that testosterone makes effort feel good

Enviromental design etc. Is a big issue I run into. I don't own a TV and I plan on never owning one in my bed room etc. I never tested my t-levels I think doing it would be clever. I threw out my coffee machine. I basically have a computer, books and a bed in my appartement for stimulation. Enviroment design is what I'll utilize the most when it comes to habit change. It's a bit difficult currently as I'd need a larger appartement, I do like this concept from atomic habits. A seperator currently won't fit for the exact spot I'd need it. 

I'll definitely contemplate how I can make my life purpose the number one dopamine activity. Or lower the dopamine impact of other ones for example no music at the gym only audiobooks etc. That is an awesome re-frame and advice! Thank you for that a lot!

I'd buy Ag Avery's programme called 'The method'. Its a pick-up book.

You can ignore the pick-up stuff. However, the magic is found at the end. There is a goal setting programme there, which I have personally found absolutely phenomenal!

Tho, you might have more of a base integrity issue, where you can't commit to putting in work at specific times in the future and sustainably, and also in a way that does not lead to burn out.

If that is so, I'd recommend the book atomic habits, and also just making small commitments and keeping them.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

49 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

What are you thoughts on synchrodestiny? Basically that your live becomes a miracle and stuff unfolds as well as desires manifest and you consistently act on them, especially on coincidences.

For example I found my current psychotherapist because her therapy dog ran away and my mother found the dog on the street and somehow arrange it, so the dog came back to her. She was forever grateful that was shortly after my grandmother passed away and so I had a spot immediately, instead of waiting 3-6 months or so for a spot. Another example for a synchronistic event was a date of mine posting a phone call with her showing an image of what my second name stands for which is close to impossible as it's persian in origin and quiet random. Or for example in south korea I meet a girl who lived 1h away from my home town, so we talked and bonded immediately in the hostel which was totally random as well as the odds of that as it's not a densly populated areas is way to low. Such conincidences what are your thoughts on that?

?? My guess would be that there were recently self referential thoughts and or limiting beliefs which were inspected and dispelled, or no longer fed attention, followed by a spike in receiving, or, allowing what you’ve been attracting. That certainly doesn’t have to ‘show up’ in thinkable causation ways. Same thing but different words… maybe there was release, and letting go of the weight, believing less or focusing less on pressure, sense of urgency, responsibility, etc.  

Experience could be thought of as coincidental. The only relevance is how ‘coincidences’ feels. If it’s exciting, awesome. If it’s exciting to look into that more, that’s awesome too. 

As well as do you act on them?

Do I receive, enjoy & experience what I attract? Yes. Of course. ? It’s me. 

Sometimes I hesitate to act on them because I fear that the desire will not manifest.

Let thoughts about a you acting them go, and enjoy what you are attracting directly. Careful not to add purpose thinking, reducing now to a means to an end. This allows coincidence to become synchronicity, and then unthinkable inexplicable miracles. So there is something to be said for noticing & relinquishing limiting self referential thoughts. As far as attracting, receiving, and fear, use the emotional scale. More clarity with each use. Maybe I’ll make a webpage on purification. Seems like a missing piece of the offering puzzle now. 

Also, for the fear of desire not manifesting… actually attempt to manifest desire itself. Notice you can’t. Also attempt to manifest perception, and notice you can’t. Then have a nice look around and consider we’re in Good hands here brother. This is the heaven. 

Sometimes the desire is also quite dark and does not feel fully ripe. Like texting the girl who posted a picture phone calling with my second name. 

If desire is dark, look for self referential thoughts to let go of. For the not fully ripe aspect, that’s not a problem at all in & of itself. It might be a ‘signal’ to let go more as far as thoughts of purpose, pressure, responsibility, etc. Using the scale is doing shadow work btw. It clears the pipes, by which what you are wanting flows into experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Time blocking. I don't really know how much it actually contributed towards achieving an academic goal of mine, but I imagine it still helped. Structuring your entire day feels good regardless.

@Ulax I've read/listend to the audiobook atomic habits and took notes as well as action on it. I certainly fall of track and reply the advice when circumstances change, yet changing my outer enviroment is still the best approach for me till now. This is more of a phase. That I have to work through.

Can you link the book? That would be great. Not finding anything through Amazon and or Google and or YouTube. I bought the hot seat home programm from RSD, yet I have different priorities. The book might come in handy. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@Nahm Thank you for the advice. I'll consider buying the whiteboard and listen to some manifestation stuff. I am still young and can definitely afford to test this out. 

As well as to look at how the synchronicity feels.

@Fearey Same here especially as a fellow 5 with a strong w5. My nervous system is also super sensetive. A peaceful area really helps with working towards my goals as well as soltitude and meditations. 

@Dryas Yes, same here. The less distractions the better the quality of my work.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:54 AM, Ludwigvan said:

@ValiantSalvatore Mental Control over your Dopamine (Cravings and Motivation building up to reward) & Testosterone (Sex Energy, and Risk Tolerance.)

Before I'd say I was really achieving my goals, like most people, I was saturated with dopamine activities which drained my motivation. Dopamine is the pleasure we experience which can reinforce futures behavior and consequently change the way we think and plan. In an abstract sene, dopamine is at its highest building up to a reward and tappers off after the reward. There are also instant triggers for dopamine like caffeine which will raise your motivation. The channeling and directing of dopamine for achieving your goals is as follows:

Don't do any activity which releases more dopamine than your life purpose. 

Just imagine if the only source of your pleasure, cravings, and motivation was your life purpose. Unlike the next tool this requires a significant change in lifestyle. Going cold turkey on media is necessary. As far as changing habits go I found that will-power is not enough. Instead to change your habits > change your environment. A disciplined environment does not require self control. And remember that a person cannot rise above how they see themself. This rearrangement of strong dopamine activities which may be addictions could mean a change in self-image. 

As far as testosterone goes you have to understand its two neural inhibitors estrogen and prolactin. Prolactin is a more esoteric, more difficult to find in literature as a neural inhibitor of testosterone but perhaps the most important. Prolactin is the exact opposite of testosterone and shuts down sexual desire and aggression in our psychology. Prolactin raises after orgasm and is that feeling of cessation and tiredness. Outwardly, it's associated with milk glands and pregnancy while testosterone can be physically seen as a deeper voice, facial hair, muscle growth, recovery, essentially protein synthesis, etc. The major mental effect of testosterone is that testosterone makes effort feel good. Reason being, the amygdala, the fear center of the brain, the anxiety center of the brain, has androgen receptors which are drowned out by testosterone receptors. An evolutionary reason why testosterone represses fear is because most males of a species never get a chance to mate, and they have to overcome the pain of fear and punishment and fight for the right to mate. The surge of testosterone is what causes the mental shift to the willingness to engage in battle. Effort and leaning into pain and challenge actually has the effect of making the body feel soothed and good. Its opposite prolactin will cease by the very increase of testosterone. Can be increased through; exercise and lifting weights, eating protein, minimizing stress and cortisol, high quality sleep, and a healthy lifestyle. 

@Ludwigvan This makes so much sense, thank you. But I have a problem. 

I masturbate every day, which I'm sure releases a lot of dopamine. I'm addicted to it. How do I stop masturbating? 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Loba For me it's similar coffee does help me a lot and journaling, yet I threw my coffee machine out of my appartement I drank to much. What do you call introspection practice? What is that and how does that help you achieve your goals?

Introspection is where you write down what you feel and are as honest as possible with yourself, and then later look and see where you can improve, over time, like say a year later - this improvement will look like a pattern and you can gain all sorts of insights into your subconscious desires and limitations from introspecting.

Meditation helps.

But there are many types of meditation: focused medi, gratefulness medi, planning medi, shadow work medi, letting go medi...

On 2/23/2022 at 0:17 AM, Ludwigvan said:

@preventingdiabetes Here's what I personally did: Literally just download an app/ website blocker app, maybe purchase a premium account if necessary to get password locks, set a password lock so you can't override or uninstall the app, and then destroy all traces of that password. You'll forever lose access to those blocked apps/ websites. I personally use the Cold-Turkey app blocker for both windows and mac, and Blocksite app for mobil. Research is encouraged though for whatever works for you. It's really important to get rid of the password. I just make it totally unrecognizable, maybe even in a foreign language or just KqLa091r0-aif1; nonsense. And just throw away the password. If your mind knows its impossible to do something, it won't even think to do it at all. You'd be surprised:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

@Ludwigvan I have done this too by using a similar app called Freedom, and I also have AdGuard for my phone which lets me block these sites too. The issue is, while I can't access it on my laptop or desktop, I can easily access it on my iphone or ipad. Reason being is that it the content blockers only work for the Safari browser. And when I masturbate I use the DuckDuckGo browser which the content blockers don't work for.

So in my mind it isn't really impossible. I know exactly how to work around these blocker apps and when I have the urge to masturbate my animal mind will do whatever it takes to satisfy it.

On 21/02/2022 at 11:03 PM, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Ulax I've read/listend to the audiobook atomic habits and took notes as well as action on it. I certainly fall of track and reply the advice when circumstances change, yet changing my outer enviroment is still the best approach for me till now. This is more of a phase. That I have to work through.

Can you link the book? That would be great. Not finding anything through Amazon and or Google and or YouTube. I bought the hot seat home programm from RSD, yet I have different priorities. The book might come in handy. 

https://aghayden.gumroad.com/l/thecompletemethod

Nice one dude. 

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback