Julian gabriel

psychedelic states without taking drugs

14 posts in this topic

I've heard that some people can enter psychedelic states by meditating a lucid dream or just concentrating on a single object.

Does anyone have any other methods which you can use to achieve these sorts of states without hours of meditation or taking a drug?

12 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

It's called "states of consciousness."

I mean like a radical shift in consciousness, like what psychedelics provide. not just more conscious but ALOT more interconnected and clear. 

It just takes time and dedication. You're not going to be able to sit down and enter a peak LSD state in a weekend. You're going to need years of daily spiritual practice to quiet your mind enough to perceive these states and ground yourself in them. There may be a way to do it without sitting down and meditating per se, but not a way that doesn't involve devotion. 

shamanic breathing broda

If you want to join a free online class, try here although it's more emotional healing the things people describe doing this is pretty much flicking on your inner lsd

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

17 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

I mean like a radical shift in consciousness, like what psychedelics provide. not just more conscious but ALOT more interconnected and clear. 

Certainly. Higher jhanas can blow out psychedelics. However if one can enter jhanas, their psychedelic experiences will likely be more intense than the jhanas. That was my experience when seeking.

Edited by The0Self

You're Omnipotent, so all you need to do is think that you're in the desired state, and in it you will find yourself.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:54 AM, The0Self said:

Certainly. Higher jhanas can blow out psychedelics. However if one can enter jhanas, their psychedelic experiences will likely be more intense than the jhanas. That was my experience when seeking.

This is exactly how it’s been for me as well. 

I prefer doing fire kasina meditation or vipassana for the strongest experiences. Vipassana has been stronger for me. Building meditation skills while on your favorite substances has been quite transformational. People treat psychedelics like a guy taking steroids who sits on the couch all day. Start using the performance enhancing drugs to actually get better at doing the practice is my advice if you want to learn how to do it well completely sober if you want to see this skill develop anytime soon. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:09 PM, Gregory1 said:

It's called "states of consciousness."

Like your signiture.

4 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

This is exactly how it’s been for me as well. 

I prefer doing fire kasina meditation or vipassana for the strongest experiences. Vipassana has been stronger for me. Building meditation skills while on your favorite substances has been quite transformational. People treat psychedelics like a guy taking steroids who sits on the couch all day. Start using the performance enhancing drugs to actually get better at doing the practice is my advice if you want to learn how to do it well completely sober is my advice if you want to see this skill develop anytime soon. 

agreed.

Work out with music on :)?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Work out with music on :)?

Making music, intense breathwork & deep body-mind-relaxation do it for me. Or emotional transmution, that can get you flying really high, too. All of them make me small, and the love & peace big.

Holotropic breathwork / shamanic breathing. After 30-40 minutes of breathwork I can be in states of consciousness I only experienced on 200-500 mcg of LSD for some moments. I like that a lot, because 12 hours of tripping on LSD is really demanding.