Peace and Love

How Do You Create Self Love?

33 posts in this topic

I'm finding out that Love, Kindness, Appreciation without the intrusion of thought, and 'hard to contain' JOY, is pretty much all that's left when you start peeling off all the illusory, muddy crap, like layers of an onion. I don't think you need to try and 'add' anything, I think it's a removal process and a reveal. Keep going, keep going! Just TRY to contain all that light and Truth and majesty once you start realizing your true nature. (Good luck with that lol.)

You. Are.

LOVE.

@Peace and Love You need to reprogram your subconscious mind. We are living in this world for ourselves first. I still struggle with self love. Its not that easy but need to start somewhere somehow. Positive affirmations would be great to begin with. I also write journal entries on the ways I focused on myself everyday. I found writing helps a lot. Sometimes when I feel alone, I hug a teddy. I know it sounds silly but deep down we all crave for love like little kids, Seeking validation only makes it worse. One thing you can always say to yourself is " I am the way I am and I am happy with myself." But more than anything the trick always lies in increasing self focus. We focus too much on other things that don't really matter. Stop judging yourself and stop comparing with others. The love that grows in your heart will heal you. And you are not in this world to  live up to the expectations of others but rather yourself. You need to trust your instincts more.

Too often people associate self love with narcissism and selfishness. They are mistaken. Self love is self care and not selfishness. Its about discovering peace and love within oneself. Its an inward journey of self healing and understanding oneself. Be kind to yourself. Nourish your spirit with your own love. It has remained hungry for too long.

I wish you luck in your journey, :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@eskwire

On 1/9/2017 at 9:28 PM, eskwire said:

@Peace and Love Something recommended in therapy circles is called "mirror work."

Quiet spot with no distractions + a mirror. Look at yourself and into your eyes. Repeat phrases like, "I love you, [your name]." "I accept you and love you exactly as you are." etc. 

You can do this for any length of time HOWEVER I cannot recommend enough that you do a long session of one hour. I believe doing that one time makes a 10× bigger difference than 5 mins a day for a month.

When I did a one hour session, it even got kind of sexual toward the end, which I never expected. Sorry if that's TMI, but it was also AWESOME. 

Give it a shot! I think it makes a big shift in the issue. 

You are the third person that has told me this!!! And it works!  Leo mentions it in one of his videos, and my favorite author Louise Hay talks about it in one of her books,  Last week I sat in front of the mirror and told myself "I love and accept all of myself".  And I got really close to the mirror too.  Looked at myself straight in the eyes.  I must have repeated this affirmation about 100 times.  And then after I said it to my face in the mirror as close as I could get, I started talking to all my bodily imperfections telling them "I love and accept all of myself".  And then I reflected on all of the good and especially the bad times that I was not proud of in my life.    It was one of the most amazing experiences I've every had.  I was absolutely petrified to do it....it was so strange.....like what is there to be afraid of?!? lol  but after I did it I felt a huge shift in how I feel.   I also found the best photos of myself that I could find and  also posted them on the mirror while I was saying the affirmations.  I had a lot of insecurity issues with my looks and when I picked out my best photos I realized that I looked a lot better now than I did in high school and surprisingly even better than I did when I was in adult entertainment!  Especially since I have spent so much time taking care of my health and my diet, and my mental well being.  

It feels so good to let go, and forgive. 

@Phocus

On 1/10/2017 at 0:13 AM, Phocus said:

At the risk of pointing towards the obvious, have all of you seen Leo's video related to this?  A very good guided visualization that everyone should run through again if they haven't seen it in a while.  Speaking of which... I have a video to rewatch!

Thanks meditation is a life saver!  

On 1/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, Colin said:

Another practice that is extremely effective is affirmations. Using the phrase " I love myself" repeated again and again for as long as possible, from ten minutes to an hour, repeated everyday. There is a book written about this practice called "Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It". It is much easier said than done, and there will be plenty of blocks along the way such as various fear and doubts. You will be surprised just how much this can change your whole life. I did it for a month or so and it was amazing how music sounded better, food tasted better, movies were better, I effortless gave my self what I wanted when I wanted, and effortlessly chose activities that were good for me, and it benefited others too. You are deeply changing your mind when you do this though, and random fears and insecurities will pop out of the woodwork to stop you and convince you to stop. So I need to get back on this practice. Give it a try!

@Colin   Affirmations are awesome when you meditate!  Last week I did an affirmation in the mirror saying "I love and respect all of myself" and I said it atleast a hundred times....and omg I felt so amazing after that.  There wasnt any blocks when I was saying it...  it was more of gaining the courage to sit in front of the mirror and say it! lol  ....it's crazy how we can be afraid of such silly things!  

I've never heard of this book....it sounds like something I might need to order off of amazon.

I've been slacking on my meditation that's for sure.  It's work making it a daily habit! ;) 

@Wormon Blatburm

On 1/11/2017 at 4:07 AM, Wormon Blatburm said:

@Peace and Love Whenever you need to make a decision, ask yourself the question "what would someone who loved themselves do?" . It's a technique by Teal swan, she's all about self love if you want to check her out on youtube.

The answer to the question comes from your higher self, or intuition.

Exactly!!!! 

Some people would say WWJD?  Others would say what would Buddah do?  Or an enlightened person do? etc.  I'm not familiar with Teal Swan but I like the idea.

Well I came to the realization two weeks ago, that when I love someone else unconditionally  it doesn't matter if they're young or old, rich or poor, or where they are in their life......I was like.....wait a minute!!!!  I need to LOVE myself unconditionally without ever criticizing myself exactly the same way....and that needs to be done right now in this present moment! 

I also realized that with all this enlightenment work.....the body will change, the image will change......the ego will change.....but the consciousness will always be there for infinity. And I love and embrace all of that.  Truth and illusions I've created.  

@Martin123

On 1/10/2017 at 2:23 PM, Martin123 said:

@Peace and Love Well then start with a mindfulness practice where you don't judge your emotions, slowly work your way towards emotional release. There is no shame in criyng, or any other emotion! :-) 
Tell your therapist about it, cry with her/him in the office, it should be a safe space.
Allow your emotions.
I give you permission to be sad. You have earned it.

I've been able to cry more.  It's interesting because I'm going through the crying phase since my dad has passed away.  You have these different phases you experience with healing...and for some people it's this non stop crying.  My mom had it a few weeks ago and she's feeling great and a whole new person now.  Now I'm experiencing it.  I was able to start crying again after I went to see a reiki practitioner.  I do reiki myself, but I wasn't having much luck doing this on my own.  I've realized that I don't have to do everything by myself.  It's ok to ask for help. 

@pluto

On 1/11/2017 at 8:28 AM, pluto said:

When you truly grasp that there is only you here, that we are all simply one consciousness experiencing itself through separation, in that moment you will feel true love, unconditional love/bliss because you've just realized that there is no one else here thus nothing to fear since you are everything within itself. This feeling will ultimately lead to self love and usually for a very long time if you follow the wisdom and stay in the light.

I feel like I've been there and back multiple times, this "in a sense" proves you can lose yourself so if you find yourself, go deep and embrace and surrender to it with every part of your being, because the more you lose yourself, the more you will find yourself.

I agree it is definitely a good feeling.  It's amazing that the ego gives us so much illusion....blinding us from the real truth. :) 

@BabyBat

On 1/12/2017 at 0:48 AM, BabyBat said:

@Peace and Love tbh I think leo might be a genuine extraterrestrial. his mom probably found him trapped in an ice glacier and his subconscious mind told him to migrate to nevada to find the rest of his kin - which sadly are probably wet specimens floating in giant vats somewhere in area 51, 200 feet underground.

and due to the nature of infinity, this reality exists somewhere.  it could be this one, you never know.  no one has a head naturally that big unless they're aliens.

Well..I sure think Leo is the cutest alien I've ever seen!  Too bad he's taken though.  I'm thankful for his really big head because it holds ALOT of information.....really good useful information that we all use here! 

I'm really not convinced he's an alien though....maybe if he painted himself green, and had some antenna sticking out his head...looking like he was the character Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z I might be convinced..... lol jk

Are really sure he's an alien though??  He looks pretty proportionate to me....   and wait a minute.........What if he's not the alien.....but we're the ALIENS?!?!?  (Mind Explodes from Enlightenment Experience!!!) 

@FirstglimpseOMG

On 1/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, FirstglimpseOMG said:

I'm finding out that Love, Kindness, Appreciation without the intrusion of thought, and 'hard to contain' JOY, is pretty much all that's left when you start peeling off all the illusory, muddy crap, like layers of an onion. I don't think you need to try and 'add' anything, I think it's a removal process and a reveal. Keep going, keep going! Just TRY to contain all that light and Truth and majesty once you start realizing your true nature. (Good luck with that lol.)

You. Are.

LOVE.

I agree with you on this one.   A lot of it is letting go!  And some times we hold on to the illusionary crap because we think it will make us feel even better than we would without it. ...but in reality we feel so much better with less.  Love is all that we are, and all that we need.  God/Absolute Infinity is LOVE. :) 

@Peace and Love Taller than I assumed.  Yeah, admittedly he's also on my list of 20 some-odd crushes at any given moment. :P 

I am positive that in some reality variant he is most certainly an alien.  Probably this reality, tbh.  Lol, and in another reality we are all the aliens.  And in another, this forum is where we all teach Leo essential lifeskills.

2 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

@Colin   Affirmations are awesome when you meditate!  Last week I did an affirmation in the mirror saying "I love and respect all of myself" and I said it atleast a hundred times....and omg I felt so amazing after that.  There wasn't any blocks when I was saying it...  it was more of gaining the courage to sit in front of the mirror and say it! lol  ....it's crazy how we can be afraid of such silly things!  

I've never heard of this book....it sounds like something I might need to order off of amazon.

I've been slacking on my meditation that's for sure.  It's work making it a daily habit! ;) 

It is an extremely short read. Basically one man's account of how this practice saved him from crippling sadness and then made life seem magical and amazing. The thing is, is that it actually works. Don't be overly skeptical and throw it out. I think the ideal is to keep it up for six plus months to see life long results. In my experience it wore off kind of quickly, but I can't overstate how positive the results were. The book is not needed, though it is supportive.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Be beautiful. All that matters. My phone won't untag you multiple times. :) A friend of mine once said, "You're brilliant and gorgeous, enjoy it." I couldn't because I'm such a heavy person. But I wish that levity on others. The unbearable lightness of being. It's nice if you're not scared! @Peace and Love@Peace and Love

nothing is anything