Bob Seeker

Can't avoid transition to stage green though I am a virgin with no career

12 posts in this topic

I have certainly not lived out stage orange desires like being a ladies man, and I have no real career. 

But pursuing that seems like going against the tide. 

I want more meaning and less bullshit. 

I can't avoid questions like "what's the use of me winning while others are losing?", "what would happen to the planet if we all acted as selfishly as I might", and "Isn't it unnatural to do things that don't bring you joy?"

The deeper question for me is "will I regret missing out on stage orange things and crave them later, or would I regret having pursued them and wasted years of a potentially more meaningful and joyful course, however uncertain?"

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

If there's doubt in your mind that you may have regrets it is probably better to pursue those things you desire than bypassing them. Yes, there are different schools of thought on this but my own philosophy is to do what feels the most right to you. You don't have to be a selfish ass either, it can be a mutually positive thing, just stay conscious as much as possible that'll help. ^_^

PS, wasn't sure if I understood it correctly, if you had no interest in career but do have interest around dating, and you're wondering if you could do that without the career?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

Isn't it unnatural to do things that don't bring you joy?

No. It's completely natural. It's called the majority of human history. The idea that your espousing that doing stuff that doesn't "bring you joy" (which presumes external things or activities you engage in are the source of joy in your own experience) is one that wasn't truly born until the beginning of the postmodern emergence in the 20th century. 

I also never really lived through stage orange, although arguably yes, but not in the way you are describing. Then I tried doing it and got burnt kinda. Maybe it is not right for you. There is different kinds of orange and green both, think about what is your way of going around things.

35 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Lol, just build a greener career and find some yoga chick, problem's solved

Sounds like a good plan.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Bob Seeker stage green is  toxic.stage yellow is the first non toxic state.u will be stuck in greene for a min of 5 years.if u do not master stage orange and move to green ,it will be problamatic.in green u will stop working as much as u were in orange.also green hates orange.so its upto u to decide whethear to move to green.also do not take it as a competition  to move to higher stage.when i was in green my work ethic suffered.if u can maintain a good work ethic and still be green  then that will be the best of all world

spiral dynamic is a theory , as a theory it is isnt perfect, just do stuff that you want .

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Thanks for the replies.

The fact is that this is symptomatic thinking of a psyche becoming conscious of new things and thus facing new “problems”

there are never plain solutions, and one must navigate, though feeling blind, using their own internal feeling.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Don't worry about being one stage or the other, else you'll get pigeonholed into a way of viewing yourself and about how you're "supposed" to act. I can't be doing this because I want to be green one day, or I should be doing this because that's what green does. Our lives and personalities are far more dynamic than that. You have be authentic and follow your intuition, as well as maintain a sense of pragmatism about your life.

Use spiral dynamics as a sort of catalog to balance yourself out and become a well rounded person. Analyze the healthy traits at each stage that are missing for you, and work on those slowly. As well as being honest about the toxic traits in you and eliminating them.

Also don't fall in the trap of archetyping each stage. Mastering Orange doesn't just mean "having a bunch of sex until you get bored/building a ruthless capitalist business".

There is obviously more than one way to skin a cat.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Well, you can still go pick up chicks and worry about shekels while being an excellent meditator & psychadelic user. Just don't go all out on spirituality until your life is stable (stable as in being able to get pussies & afford a nice life). Self development makes you more attractive & successful. Spirituality helps too (up to a point - that you haven't reached yet).

If you feel "too spiritual" to solve your worldly needs that's likely a projection, since you ask this question.

@Bob Seeker

You don't need to "overgrow" any stage it is only feature to stop people sitting here infinitely. There are no things that some stages can't do that some others can. Of course you can't go against what you want, but if you think about it what's the problem, because you wanted to do it anyways. So stage does not limit your action, but your desires. 

There are no things you absolutely need or should do so go and do whatever you want to do and that's the beauty of life.

20 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

u will be stuck in greene for a min of 5 years.

That's only true if you are in some stage, because you think you are supposed to be there. If you think you should make world better, because that is somehow morally right thing to do then don't do that. When thing you want to do matches spiral dynamics stage only then you can say you are in that stage. Because you have more broader way of seeing things I would say that you already are at stage green and that's good thing.

Most important and simplest thing to understand about spiral dynamics is that Spiral dynamics is just map to track where you are not compass where you should go.

Most important thing in life is to love being where you are and knowing you don't have to do anything : )

Who told you that "others" are real?