Javfly33

Is there a nootropic that is stimulant But not anxiety-inducing?

22 posts in this topic

Looking for a nootropic/suplement/food/drink that is stimulant But is not very hard on the mind. 

My current problem: I quit quitting drinking coffee as an habit, and i having difficulty having feling "awake" to do work as well as social Life/outside Life. I just feel like my brain is constantly like sleeping/very slowly. 

I thought, fuck It Im going back to coffee. But turns out when i do It, i feel a lot of anxiety, i am even less productive at work because i just jump around from task to task withouth really focusing.

So now i Dont know What to do. If i go back to coffee i basically signing an anxiety inducing contract again. If i Dont, i Dont have natural stimulation, i feel like a turtle all day.

Looking for something less intense than coffee, but more than placebo (not honey with Warm water Sadghuru advice that is basically placebo)

I use modafinil in very low doses, less than 50 mg. and that has a stimulant and cognitively enhancing quality but not too much to become jittery. More than 50 mg or mixing it with caffeine can be anxiety producing. This is based on my experience only

how is piracetam? i really want to try that but haven't got the opportunity yet

modafinil is alright but f's with my sleep heavily even if i take it in the morning

or mixing things like caffeine and l-theanine/taurine etc.

@Javfly33 bocopa moneri/ rhodiola rosea, didn't try them tho but they are very popular with people with ADHD

Edited by LSD-Rumi

17 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Javfly33 bocopa moneri/ rhodiola rosea, didn't try them tho but they are very popular with people with ADHD

tried both, not good imo

Best nootropic I could ever find is semen retention. Don't neglect nutritious food like meat, nuts and seeds.

Cocoa powder + Green tea is very stimulating. 

Try with L theanine too. 

I need lower my dose cocoa is giving me massive sweats and jitters. 

Just take in small doses.

Edited by Striving for more

Lion's mane (and other medicinal mushrooms) might be a good option for you. Fixing your diet (avoid processed foods, seed oils, too many carbs), upping your exercise (cardio especially), drinking enough water, getting enough sun are all good things to help boost energy and lower anxiety.

Stop relying on substances. Big trap. Fix your sleep, food, exercise, and be passionate about your activities. Also, limit Technology usage. Be nicer to people. Smile more. Engage less in negative thoughts. Have things to look forward to. 

Unless you have some sort of disorder, you'll be highly focused and energized if you nail these. 

The problem is, this will actually take willpower and time. You probably just want to pop a pill and don't worry about it.

Edited by Godhead

You could look into Mucuna Pruriens. It contains L-dopa a precursor to biological dopamine. It adds more building blocks for dopamine and has some decent research behind it. It may not be suitable if you suffer from a mental health condition such as anxiety, bipolar or schysophrenia. It is not stimulating as coffee is but might help uplift the mood & motivation a bit. If you want the typical adrenal stimulation coffee gives you, there is nothing else out there with same effect other than drugs and pharmaceuticals. 

But agreed with everything @Godhead said and his comment needs to be also considered in this case. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Creatine! I have so much more energy now. l-theanine and sulbutiamine are rather unlikely to cause anxiety.

I switched form l-theanine/sulbutiamine to armodafinil (I use half). It definitely causes some anxiety. Modafinil is milder than Armodafinil.

On 02/01/2022 at 5:16 PM, HypnoticMagician said:

Best nootropic I could ever find is semen retention.

You can combine it with Armodafinil B| I noticed that anxiety isn't purely caused by the substance. If I'm in a 'clean energy state' Armodafinil doesn't make me anxious.

19 hours ago, Username said:

Creatine! I have so much more energy now. l-theanine and sulbutiamine are rather unlikely to cause anxiety.

are you vegetarian?

because i think creatine doesn't do much if you're eating meat

I can reaaaaally recommend  Lion's Mane 2x3 capsules per day. It helps immediatelly as a nootropic  and also on long term. Ideal to take the 3 caps before your morning breathing practise (5 rounds of Wim Hof breathing or 5 rounds of breath of fire or other kundalini breath). Breathing practise is the catalyst for brain regeneration and   Lion's Mane can surf on it and repair memory, concentration abilities and boost your meditation practise. I love it, it has helped me a lot in combination with my practise.

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

are you vegetarian?

because i think creatine doesn't do much if you're eating meat

I'm not. It is supposed to improve brain function - I'm not clear about that -  I mostly noticed increase of energy. I'm not getting physically tired after exercises. I can lift more, do workouts more frequently and need less time for recovery.

Found the best nootropic for you, a drug from the racetam family, called noopept.  I have experimenting with it for a few days now, it gives a clean boost to energy and it does not cause anxiety or feeling edgy like coffee.

@Yidaki @Username Are you guys taking your afinil daily at low dosages? Any breaks?

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

On 11/01/2022 at 0:57 AM, Kamo said:

@Username Will it pass U.S Customs?

I have no idea. I'm living in Europe. Here it's really weird situation, because it's prescription drug and you aren't supposed to be able to buy it. You aren't supposed to pay any taxes when you import Armodafinil because it's exempted. I have no idea what would happen if it was checked by customs - I would have to give them prescription? It's not clear to me.

4 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

@Yidaki @Username Are you guys taking your afinil daily at low dosages? Any breaks?

I took half four times a week, sometimes more. If I take it too often it feels more and more dirty. It seems to be working but I'm becoming more anxious and less productive.

Now I'm switching between different substances.