Preety_India

Covid first shot and possible implications

13 posts in this topic

I have postponed my first Covid Vaccine shot till January. 

I have heard people complain about heart palpitations and irregular heart beat. 

To what extent are these complaints legitimate and should they be taken seriously? 

I have constantly contemplated intensely around this vaccine, lots of doubts, fears, anxiety and insecurities around it. 

There is no clear cut answer to any of the questions. 

Are the implications real and what can be done about it? 

Thanks. 

Also please let me know which vaccine brand is a safer and better option since so many different brands are offering it, not sure which one to opt for. 

Thanks.. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

i had my first shot of moderna two weeks ago. no side effects.

i didn't want vaccine at all but after new restrictions have come into force, I wasn't able to travel anywhere without minimum of 10 days isolation. Hence, decided to not make my life more difficult than it already is.

I would say don't overthink this. You may or may not have side effects, you wouldn't know until you do it. 

I hadn't got vaccine because I cared about protecting others. I did it purely for selfish reason - I want to be able to travel as freely as possible given the circumstances. I would advice this to you too. think about yourself and see if a vaccine is going to give you any benefits. if not, don't do it then.

btw, moderna and pfizer are fundamentally the same; it's just that pfizer is also given to children.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

J&J felt horrible for four days, took me about two weeks to recover. I wouldn't take if it wasn't for external situation.

Pfizer seems to be the safest one.

my mother had a bad reaction with the second shot

not even sure which one she got

yeah I have felt unusual heart sensations 24 hours after my shot.

But honestly, the fear is unreasonable. There are legit millions of 80-90 years old who have taken the shot and are fine. 

56 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

But honestly, the fear is unreasonable. There are legit millions of 80-90 years old who have taken the shot and are fine. 

They are fine because they are old.

@Username I'm confused, do you mean to say that the vaccine is harder on younger people? 

I have been told that younger people experience stronger effects because our immunity is more reactive.

When I got my booster shot, I was a little concerned with how my heart felt, so I can see why it appears to be a concern. I essentially felt sick and like my immunity was being challenged 12-24 hours after I got the booster shot.

Who's to say my body wouldn't react worse with an actual covid virus for a longer period?

Nonetheless, today I feel fine, and I weight lift, and jog 4 miles with no problems. Everything is back to normal.

Edited by SgtPepper

the only worry that you should have in mind is missing taking the shot 

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

39 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I have been told that younger people experience stronger effects because our immunity is more reactive.

That's what I'm writing about. I have a teacher in my family. I heard that when teachers were getting vaccinated with AstraZeneca the younger they were the stronger side effects they had.

44 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Who's to say my body wouldn't react worse with an actual covid virus for a longer period?

If you are vaccinated your chance of having bad case of covid is getting very low - probably by a factor of five. Maybe it make sense to get vaccinated. Where I'm really hesitant is getting booster. If your covid risks are already lowered by previous vaccination but you are risking full side effects (??) of vaccination each time you are getting a booster.

45 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I definitely like covid more :D

Take Pfizer if you are afraid. Pfizer is only 0.3 ml while Moderna is 0.5 ml (66.6% more). Both use mRNA strain.

Edit: Classic Math mistake.

Edited by hyruga

15 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

The fear is not only unreasonable, it's preposterous paranoia.

It's not just legit millions of people who have been vaccinated, it's billions. Almost half of humanity has been vaccinated. What more of a sample size would one need?

They are safe, please get your vaccines people. If they weren't safe we would know about it.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 hours ago, Roy said:

The fear is not only unreasonable, it's preposterous paranoia.

It's not just legit millions of people who have been vaccinated, it's billions. Almost half of humanity has been vaccinated. What more of a sample size would one need?

They are safe, please get your vaccines people. If they weren't safe we would know about it.

@Roy

Jup. Am ironically hundreds of thousands if not millions of people have died because of Covid, and the people who are not taking their vaccines don't even blink an eye about it...

Basically people who don't take the vaccine unconciouscly choose death from Covid. (Alternative would be a free, unharmful vaccine :I)

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/