Ingit

Dressing style

31 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

There is no fooling yourself to think one is above anything. But, this is a self-actualization forum. Part of this process is the realization that we are not "that".

Actually .. this is the dating, sexuality and relationships section of a forum that covers a vast array of topics . There is another section for self actualization and spirituality.

Please spare us .. the OP just wants some tips on how to up his game with dress. No need to get philosophical or metaphysical here.

Edited by Terell Kirby

11 minutes ago, Ingit said:

?? great thanks.... Yes you r right I feel more confident when I dress the way I feel comfortable in.... but I need some more clothing cuz I am wearing the same clothes on and on again....

Understandable as I mentioned before nothing wrong with being trendy long as you honestly enjoy it.

9 minutes ago, Ingit said:

Exactly 100%.... I often feel pressurized. To act the way society wants to see me.... it is always challenging. To expose ur authentic self.... I often fail

It is difficult and takes a lot of patience, introspection, and faith. But, once it's accomplished it's like riding a bike and it's very difficult to not be authentic after.

@Terell Kirby The site name is Actualized.org.... Everything "can" be seen through the lens of this potential actualization. There is nothing wrong with doing so, but you are free to take a more practical approach also. Nothing wrong with that as well. I personally believe both sides should be taken into consideration.

Edited by Nos7algiK

@Ingit If you want to do it on your own research your body type and face type and buy fitting clothes. For example polo shirts look good on me and show my body type, arms etc.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-for-body-type/
https://bespokeunit.com/face-shapes/

I went shopping on black friday the whole day just to find some clothes and talked to the retail workers there which can be good or bad depending on how honest and well-dressed she herself is. Yet, he/she can serve as feedback for what clothes look good on you if you are unsure. There are also style guides on YouTube choose one thing and focus on that and build slowly.

Definitely enjoy what you are wearing the confidence will show. 

Also this:

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

Go shopping for clothes with women or gay guys who have a good sense of style. 

A gay guy cuts my hair and for my first dates I made sure my best friends girlfriend selects clothes with me via online shopping. She also chooses very good pictures ask around!

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Do you have instagram? Go through there and find some brands you like and follow their looks. How much cash you got? I've noticed it can be hard to dress well on a super tight budget, like goodwill/salvation army prices. Save up a decent amount of cash. I think you could get a complete killer wardrobe for $5000. That's everything including a suit. Most of the clothes will come from the mall. The more money the easier it will be. 

Hire a fashion consultant and let her pick out some styles for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

i mean yellow looks good on you in your pic

if you don't have a good sense of style maybe look at pictures of stars you like and copy them

@Ingit i take my guy friends shopping clothes no matter the price. We make a photoshoot with the tags still on ( tugged under) and then give everything back. 

If you take a little responsibility and enjoy the process the you'll develop an eye and discover your style. 

Or pay a stylist. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

if you want you can post pictures of clothing in this topic and we can rate them

you could make your face unrecognizable 

You can also find a store where fashionable and stylish clothes are sold and by selection, find what suits you best. One friend of mine, that's what he did. A couple of months ago, he was told to look at ducksnfoxes. Here he also found good and stylish clothes. He also liked the quality of goods and the assortment.

The best way to find a style is to literally just go on Pinterest and start searching for clothing, the algorithm is going to recommend you similar clothing, if you find something that you like but don't know the brand/name, use Google Lens (An app) to scan the image and its going to show you similar clothing with links, brand names and prices.

On the personal note, I'm a fan of wearing the same thing everyday the way Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg do, you find something you like and buy 10-20ish pieces of it, I originally got this ideal from cartoon characters, they're always wearing the same thing. 
Maybe you resonate with more formal clothing like I do.

Some general tips:
1. Never wear chains that hang off your clothing, no piercings either, no implants whatsoever.
2. White shoes always look better, but they're harder to maintain.
3. Buy a Swiss watch (Don't buy those electric watches like the Apple watch or its knockoffs)
4. Don't wear heavily branded clothing or "Luxury" "Designer" "Hypebeast" brands, those are for immature teenagers who haven't developed any sense of their own style yet.
5. Don't buy anything over $200, there can be exemptions of course (just general money advice)
6. don't wear any silly colorful wristbands.
7. Don't wear any bright/light colors like a clown.
8. Wear belts 
9. Never wear hoodies
10. Don't get large tattoo's
11. Don't wear coats (Unless you're a girl or a guy over 40)
12. Don't wear excessively loose or overly tight jeans
13. Celebrities don't know how to dress so don't take inspiration from them.
14. Don't wear extremely short socks 
15. Don't wear a backpack if you're past high school 
16. Never, and I feel like this is a deal breaker, never dye your hair to unnatural colors, so no red,blue,yellow etc only brown, blond & black 

clothing you should wear: dress shirts, sweaters, leather jackets, leather boots, ties, vests, jeans, vintage clothing if you look young, rings are ok, etc etc...

bottom line is don't dress like a kid, dress maturely. I have a strong preference for mature clothing, I think most mature people have as well.
In my experience girls like short hair, but you can do whatever you want.

in terms of what contributes most to physical attractiveness (in order)
1. Height - height is the most important factor in physical attractiveness (in a guy) if you're a girl then height is 2., Number 1. for woman is of course her ass, boobs and facial bone structure.
2. Weight / Muscle mass (Not a bodybuilder, but a fit & lean athlete like body)
3. Clothing (Yup, the way you dress is 3rd place)

89caf5c572d883e908a5e1f8f7ec30d6.jpg

503b03635b488368f248d6e233cc8261.jpg

Edited by MarkKol

YouTube is packed full of fashion creators.

Or you could just copy anime charcaters:

41b5d2d4382efc53f396312a029a2428.jpg

1b75c1178d56d2b9307d3034195ea92c.jpg

4fef4aa1ad67f9d6e9082a5f41657f15.jpg

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله