Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Other people have no independent existence

18 posts in this topic

I've came to a conclusion that other people only exist when they are in my direct experience. Everything that allegedly happened to them when I'm not around are just stories and nothing more. It feels kinda strange knowing that your friends will only exist if you hang out with them or your parents when you're at home. How to deal with that fact? 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Cool story bro. Please tell me how you can know that shit for sure. I'm all ears.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've came to a conclusion…… How to deal with that fact? 

BASIC MEDITATION: POSTURE, BALANCE, RELAXATION, & BODY SCAN

The movie Hoosiers is a great & true story which conveys ego or getting in one’s own way & the importance of fundamentals. 

In the bigger picture the answer is awakening. Humble pie never tastes like we assume. It’s actually sweet like relief. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

For me that is like saying: I know very well that when you die you enter the circle of reincarnations and etc. etc. ideas, concepts, stories. And disturbing, strange stories. what is is what is. Silence the mind, experience it, forget any idea, and you will be closer to the truth. Well, that's my opinion, all those ideas are useless, obstacles

@Blackhawk I can't be completely sure but I have that feeling and it's not a pleasant experience. As if I discovered something I shouldn't have known for my own sake.

@Nahm Thanks for the recommendation. I'm aware that there is still a lot of contemplating ahead of me.

@Breakingthewall You're right but it's easy to get lost in the ideas and concepts. I guess in that way we're trying to make sense of reality.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Blackhawk I can't be completely sure but I have that feeling and it's not a pleasant experience. As if I discovered something I shouldn't have known for my own sake.

Yeah you can't be sure, so maybe take a chill pill and stop performing mental gymnastics. Yawn.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've came to a conclusion that other people only exist when they are in my direct experience. Everything that allegedly happened to them when I'm not around are just stories and nothing more.

Very good. You are indeed imagining their direct experiences, as well as your own.

You are doing good .. keep it up .. get even deeper.

Ignore the naysayers, and people who want to debate. You alone will know .. and you don't have to defend your Truth.

Edited by Terell Kirby

I've came to a conclusion....

That is an incorrect conclusion based upon a fixation and attachment to the body's sensory point of view and conscious awareness.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

9 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Yeah you can't be sure, so maybe take a chill pill and stop performing mental gymnastics. Yawn.

I'm pretty sure it's close to the truth. Leo's teachings are along those lines, I'm not stating anything too radical for this forum.

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Why don't you take an anti-troll pill ? Or maybe an open-mindedness pill? It would do wonders for ya ^_^

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm aware that there is still a lot of contemplating ahead of me.

I mean completely fundamental like 

13 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Silence the mind, experience it, forget any idea, and you will be closer to the truth

And 

11 hours ago, eputkonen said:

That is an incorrect conclusion based upon a fixation and attachment to the body's sensory point of view and conscious awareness.

I’d let spirituality, existentialism, contemplation, etc, all go for a week and see how you feel. I think it’ll feel like a weight off, and relief from a tug of war of a discordant memory and interpretation. Then new more aligned insight can fill in that ‘space’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've came to a conclusion that other people only exist when they are in my direct experience. Everything that allegedly happened to them when I'm not around are just stories and nothing more. It feels kinda strange knowing that your friends will only exist if you hang out with them or your parents when you're at home. How to deal with that fact? 

And who do you think you are, separate from all-that-is?

When they are in "your" direct experience, what are other people? Do they have an internal world, like you think you have? 

Half baked idea, back to work ??

52 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Why don't you take an anti-troll pill ? Or maybe an open-mindedness pill? It would do wonders for ya ^_^

I've taken all the pills, but thanks.

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well since you stated in a reply that you aren't completely sure...but your intuition is telling you..ide say you have a strong intuition which is necessary to awaken from the dream.  Keep going.  But take nothing on as dogma..The realization of what others are lies in the realization/awakening of no self and the subsequent collapse of the self/other duality.   And of course there are awakenings into the nature of reality that will allow everything to come together nicely and give you a complete picture.  This takes years.  As to how you handle the Truth after ...well remember you just said you had a feeling it was a Truth you weren't really supposed to know.... but when you are ready to actually know and you awaken from the dream you won't be asking us how to deal with it.  You'll take back your authority as both the player and the developer/creator of the dream..

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I don't believe that is true, and that has not been true in my direct experience.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thank you for sharing your contemplation! ?

Maybe explore what knowing and the unknown is will help you deal with this topic?

Well, you see... You are Everything.

If you're hoping to find something other than you in existence, you're shit out of luck. All you will ever find are deeper aspects of Self.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, BenG said:

@Tyler Durden how old are you?

Answering that question would imply that I was born at the certain time in the past which is an illusion ?