Leo Gura

Good Insight Into The Mind Of Mass Shooters

25 posts in this topic

I found this one illuminating about the state of mind of the kid, and also the parents' minds on gun-culture.

MAGA parents buying their mentally disturbed 15 year old kid a handgun for Xmas O.o That's freedumb MAGA gun culture.

A tragically avoidable situation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura why is it a proud thing to buy guns as gifts? Why are Americans so proud of owning and buying guns? After all isn't it just a weapon? People don't buy bombs, I mean. Then why guns. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Knowledge Hoarder I'm thinking the same. It has originated somewhere in the past and continued for decades.. 

This feels like a fiction story.

Not saying it is, it just feels like the sort of ridiculous thing an amateur suspense writer would think of.

43 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura why is it a proud thing to buy guns as gifts? Why are Americans so proud of owning and buying guns? After all isn't it just a weapon? People don't buy bombs, I mean. Then why guns. 

Myriad reasons. It’s a fun hobby to go shooting at a range. You can hunt for sport or for food with a gun. You can protect yourself and your property with a gun. Having a gun makes you appear as more of a badass. The more, the merrier, and the bigger, the better. It’s not just a weapon to many. It’s a status symbol. A testament to one’s American-ness. Having a whole arsenal at your disposal is kinda like having an entire fleet of Rolls Royces, except waaaaaay less expensive and waaaaaay more practical.

I was big into guns when I was young.

I was also into explosives. Blowing shit up is cool. But super dangerous.

I think that maybe everyone should start buying bulletproof vests. Gun violence just keeps getting worse and worse.

"The eyes of fear want to lock up your doors, buy more guns. The eyes of love see us all as one" - Bill Hicks

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Update-

Parents arrested. 

@Preety_India

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Parents arrested.

Personally I think parents should always be held culpable in these situations. How can you be so willfully ignorant of your own child's psychosis and suffering? That negligence for years (because that's what it requires) should be criminal. 

@bloomer You would not feel good about being arrested if your kid did something dumb without your knowledge.

In the end parents naturally want to please their kids, and have blindspots to their kids' problems because of love.

But obviously don't buy your kid a handgun.

I’m not necessarily interested in guns, but I have decided to buy a hand gun for home defense, and one for conceal carry. As well as buy an assault rifle for any future major political crisis (i.e. MAGA infiltrate the Capital again with intent of creating a one party state).

2 hours ago, bloomer said:

@Preety_India

Personally I think parents should always be held culpable in these situations. How can you be so willfully ignorant of your own child's psychosis and suffering? That negligence for years (because that's what it requires) should be criminal. 

Yes I agree that parents need to be arrested. In fact this should have been done long ago. 

Parents are culpable to a certain extent. Parenting should not be taken for granted. 

How a parent raises a child pretty much defines what kind of person that child will turn into. Not always. But the role of a parent shouldn't be ignored and in cases like this you would/should expect better from the parents. 

Yet in this situation the parents were pretty lousy and entitled, downright dysfunctional. 

I'm glad they were arrested. Will set a precedent with other parents that they will be held accountable if their children are not taught right. 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I was big into guns when I was young.

I was also into explosives. Blowing shit up is cool. But super dangerous.

Yeah it is just a childish thing, but it seems we have a lot of children in adult bodies :D

I had a few jackets depicting weapons. It was a really cool design, but I sometimes get flake over it When I was at high school in the USA. I had little idea then that guns were such a heated topic. 15 ishes ago.

@Raze

5 minutes ago, Raze said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sst1jQrKhqQ

an under-discussed cause of mass shootings is father problems, oftentimes the shooter has a irresponsible or abusive father, or no father at all.

No, the real issue is lack of self responsibility, and lack of keeping oneself accountable, and too many ways to screw yourself over due to too much free will.

However, on the surface level I agree a bit with you. The other half of the parenting equation, the masculine compassion, ideally a real father is present, but if a not so good father figure, or lack of father figure, the other or whoever/whatever is doing the parenting has to be able to switch to masculine love, with some skill.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@bloomer You would not feel good about being arrested if your kid did something dumb without your knowledge.

In the end parents naturally want to please their kids, and have blindspots to their kids' problems because of love.

Do you think that it's going to take a lot more gun violence to happen in the US way more than ever before in order for enough citizens in the country to vote for and support serious gun control laws?

@Hardkill

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Do you think that it's going to take a lot more gun violence to happen in the US way more than ever before in order for enough citizens in the country to vote for and support serious gun control laws?

It seems to be heading in that direction, which is a bit scary if you're living in the USA. I don't see any other alternative that this issue could reform peacefully without a fight. It's already ingrained into the culture of America deeply that it won't be easy to reform.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not so obvious from some perspectives.