roopepa

The unhealthy aspect of Actualized.org

51 posts in this topic

For me, it's mental masturbation!

The content is soo good but is very advanced and the pace is honestly verrry fast in terms of self-growth. The series of self-deception is a good example. The series is old but still advanced and today's concepts are based on it. Luckily I have been watching Leo's videos for years without skipping a week which helps me keep things up to date which is a luxury that I feel people who recently joined actualized.org don't have.

I feel to reach Leo's level, it's a full-time thing where one needs to at least spend up to 60hrs every week consuming books from the book list, contemplating, coming to the conclusion on your own so that this is part of direct experience which honestly takes a lot of time if you are like me who is doing this on the side.

Your progress is going to be much slower than Leo's which is intimidating if you are new to the work.

I don't feel I'll ever get to the same complete understanding as Leo, personally, I am interested in understanding Truth and Love which is a subsection of all actualized teachings

To fully understand actualized teachings without making it a dogma, you have to read the books from the book list as well so that your perspective is open and not boxed in. I know people say just watching the videos is good enough but honestly, you need to consume the books as well to fully appreciate the work. This is essential because the information from the books is needed for you to derive the truth for yourself and make it a part of direct experience. That's a lot to ask from the audience which might be offputting to some. I personally love this work and have the luxury of time and headspace to think about this stuff which I feel not many people have. We are all stressed about relationships or jobs or business etc.

Building off of the previous point, for me, actualized teaching is like a touchstone in this work. I go, explore all the ideas, read all the book, contemplate love, truth, etc, and when I come back to this work, the stuff he says makes soooo much more sense and is easier to see what he's pointing to.

One needs to be open-minded and skeptical at the same time to watch the videos. You cannot blindly believe what he says but need to be open to the possibility that what you think is false and what he says is true at the same time. That's a tough ask from the audience's perspective and very not many people have that kind of viewpoint. Especially when you talk about something that's personal like religion and GOD. 

You need to go through the spirals (if you watched spiral dynamics). Just because you watch actualized, you can't skip levels. You can't go from orange to turquoise and need to go through the levels even if the pace of actualized is like he's doing a spiral dynamics speed run. That's mindfuck and might be disheartening for some. 

Could cause inner dissonance when you are lower lever but think you are higher level in consciousness because you watch actualized.org. You might develop a superiority complex as you might feel you know "more" than the average Joe spiritual guy

You could feel lonely in the process since this is a solo journey. 

Honestly, the nature of the work itself is mind fuck and I feel actualized is just a victim to the brutality of the work.

Positives:

No matter what spiritual questions you have, Actualized.org has a good video on that subject in depth

Makes you ask questions that you didn't even think were possible

The style ties beautifully when you read self-growth and consume it. 

Most of the videos don't need an update to them. so the information doesn't lose value over time. 

This I feel is a peak inquiry into life itself, to the depth I think no one has ever gone to! So the understands are new and exciting and probably we are the first-gen to see it play out this way!

Answers the questions without much mind game bullshit. Pretty straightforward! 

Edited by Vido

11 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

Tbh seems like you're just here to hate. Why tho?

I'm not. I'm unwiring.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I've found a trap that many people will probably fall into due to laziness.

Consider the possibility that your reality is only as grounded as your maps and your depth of understanding. Just how you are able to think is limited by the words that you are able to use. See this thread: 

If Leo's videos are the only and/or deepest source or understanding of reality, then you ground your reality solely on the scaffolding that Actualized.org created for you.

If you only rely on Leo to ground your insights, then your reality becomes Actualized.org.

Which is why you gotta literally look at hundreds of perspectives, and contemplate and derive this stuff for yourself. Be epistemologically rigorous. Direct experience, etc. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

4 hours ago, Vido said:

advanced

?

4 hours ago, Vido said:

I feel to reach Leo's level

?

4 hours ago, Vido said:

I don't feel I'll ever get to the same complete understanding as Leo

?

4 hours ago, Vido said:

This I feel is a peak inquiry into life itself, to the depth I think no one has ever gone to!

It seems like it, until it doesn't.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Best medicine.

Laughter, and this:

Cho-Ku-Rei~4.jpg

If you have a question, you automatically lack da wokeness, and must be lectured by the woke pissing contest squad, but if you say some bs with enough confidence, then you are truly woke, and it must be said in the exact way that Leo says. That is the unhealthy part of the forum in a nutshell.

This really isn't too difficult to understand lol.

20 hours ago, roopepa said:

There are countless examples of Leo saying stuff like "You don't get it. You are not awake" or "It will require years of work for you to understand this" or "Only psychedelics can give you this insight" etc. These are feeding you the narrative by making you feel and think you are inferior.

I've never felt inferior, I just ignore anything which doesn't apply to me at the time. If you're affected by the idea of a narrative, then you've already fallen through its trap door. Why take it all so seriously? If you don't like the message then just discard it.

All stories and explanations are false.

21 hours ago, roopepa said:

Ignorance/Understanding creates an image of inferiority/superiority. Not very blatantly here, it's more subtle. But it's still there. There are countless examples of Leo saying stuff like "You don't get it. You are not awake" or "It will require years of work for you to understand this" or "Only psychedelics can give you this insight" etc. These are feeding you the narrative by making you feel and think you are inferior. I'm not saying Leo is doing this intentionally, I think this is actually projection.

Correct me if I'm not getting you. You say that all understanding is equal in depth & wisdom, that there is no more advanced and less advanced, and no wise and foolish? That there is no hierarchy inherent in relative human reality?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

You say that all understanding is equal in depth & wisdom, that there is no more advanced and less advanced, and no wise and foolish? That there is no hierarchy inherent in relative human reality?

What I'm curious about is what need is there for holding the thought at all? Literally, why do you hold ideas about relative & absolute, hierarchy, foolishness and wisdom? What is all this for?

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

What I'm curious about is what need is there for holding the thought at all? Literally, why do you hold ideas about relative & absolute, hierarchy, foolishness and wisdom? What is all this for?

Maps & lenses are for survival to navigate the terrain. On a relative level of course hehe. Feel free to bust anything.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Might be a good example. 

...of duality you mean?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

4 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

relative human reality? … dualities  etc

Of the ‘echo chamber’ / ‘group think’ / conjecture, or loosely speaking, what the thread’s about. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think just focusing on your own stuff is the healthiest way to use this forum.  If you focus on the negative aspects then that's all there will be and the good might be overlooked.  There are some negatives, they just don't effect me/ I don't pay attention to it.

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

If you’re not a solipsist by now, you’re just dumb. 

can that just be perception projected onto everyone?I used psychs too but still...I don't buy it.Works for you and that is all the story.

If God is Infinity why solipsism be truth for all dreamers?It can't .You forgot freedom aspect and will aspect too.Solipsisism doesn't feel good to you  then deny it.Trust and follow your feelings too.Same goes for limited egoic mind too ,you can use it to dream,create plan wonderful experience you want to share etc.

I love you all there can't be shortage of love ,I love myself too.IGod can't lose ,God always wins and can't lose anything.Walk the walk it is much harder then philosophy.

It’s important to keep in mind most narcissists are solipsists whilst out in the world, it’s a common theme among such people. People are just npcs to be used, if they fail to serve that purpose they are akin to a broken mobile phone. 

food for thought ?