blankisomeone

How to stop hating materialists?

19 posts in this topic

If you hate materialists, then what position are you holding which causes this reactiveness? 

Im assuming youre a spiritualist?

@blankisomeone Id say that every ideology whether a the material or spiritual one, is attempting to do the same thing. 

So if you can investigate for yourself and see that its all the same game, then the whole thing becomes laughable.  

Do you hate children?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Believing in "materialists" out there is itself materialistic. In fact, it's the epitome of materialism, while denying that it is.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Become a nihilist. If nothing means anything and what people believe doesn't matter, you will no longer have any reason to hate anyone for their beliefs. 

Edited by Space Lizard

3 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

lol I hate them :(

Probably because you are jealous and envious. Not judging you for it, but it's important to be honest about where the hate comes from.

To resolve it, you'll need to fill material needs that you envy in others. Look for ways in which you admire them.

I see a lot of forum users attempting to jump to be ultra spiritual, without taking care of material needs. You cannot be well rounded spiritually without fully engaging and transcending material cravings.

You cannot transcend what you judge try to understand their ideology with an open mind and watch your biases cloud your judgement

22 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Probably because you are jealous and envious

@Terell Kirby

I don't mean I'm jealous of their material possessions. I just "hate" them because of how sticky they are to the ideology. I mean you can have material posessions and chase them without having a materialist ideology. The idea that the brain produces consciousness etc etc

But I like all of you guyses replies! Thankye :)

Edited by blankisomeone

Usually you always reject/hate/judge things you didn't embody/transcend yet.

Like Carl said, you probably don't hate children, and yet it was a part of your evolution through life.
That's because you've gone through childhood and understand where they're coming from.

If you hate stage orange/materialism, it's most likely because you didn't fully go through it yet, and you've positioned yourself into the next evolution stage.
If you do that, you're gonna get stuck and will not be able to transcend stage orange or embody stage green/yellow correctly.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

@Terell Kirby

I don't mean I'm jealous of their material possessions. I just "hate" them because of how sticky they are to the ideology.

Notice how you may be making an ideology out of being anti-materialist.

A true sage can be spiritual and include/embody materialism and idealism.

Just now, Terell Kirby said:

A true sage can be spiritual and include/embody materialism and idealism.

Nah I don't think a sage would embrace/include the idea that the body produces awareness of experiences

Do you hate a child for believing in Santa Claus?  They are just children lost in their own imagination. Let them play their game.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

1 minute ago, blankisomeone said:

Nah I don't think a sage would embrace/include the idea that the body produces awareness of experiences

A sage can love all world-views, even if they are misguided.

1 minute ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Do you hate a child for believing in Santa Clause?  They are just children lost in their own imagination. Let them play their game.  

^ This

@blankisomeone

4 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

lol I hate them :(

It's sort of reminds me of atheists hating on religious folk, despite being one of them before. It'll take time to forgive and fully integrate that part of your past into you. Helpful thing to do is to bring to mind any good experiences, nuggets of wisdom and events you are grateful for experiencing.

Another option is to just continue life, ignoring that hate, but it's an energy leak that'll just burden you and your mind the more it stays there. Thinking and mental resistance burns calories too, so better integrate.

If you believe you are a mind that lives in a body and hold the belief that you are a materialist or not a materialist based on the beliefs the mind somehow "holds", then that is an unsatisfyingly ironic perspective. This "perspective" is only a thought that arises. There's nothing behind it, but maybe it seems to be a belief. If so, that's nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever, nothing lacking about you or anyone else whatsoever, it just means there are more wonders to be uncovered. This is better and more free than you ever could have imagined. 

We can interact with people with love and appreciation, because we fundamentally are that, rather than another person who agrees or disagrees, who recognizes or passes over. 

From experience, there are stages and times where it's frustrating and infuriating that you cannot explain or be understood by others. (Hugs) Those emotions might need to be expressed but then what becomes more clearly felt is the deeper desire is to be free of needing others  to a be a certain way to feel at peace. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost