eTorro

How Did Jordan Peterson Become So Articulate?

44 posts in this topic

Hello.

I used to watch Jordan Peterson for hours.

What impresses me about Jordan is his way of articulating his ideas; he formulates his thoughts in the most concise manner, clearly.

And I wonder how was he able to become so articulate?

It astounds me every time I'm listening to him.

Any tips?

Speaking I suppose.  

Probably speaking a butt-load, and then also writing and reading, yes, as @Tim R spoke about.  

It also could be time spent contemplating this stuff, to articulate it, it needs perhaps to be really clarified in one's thinking first perhaps.  Maybe not always.  But I assume most of the time. 

Maybe it's also some genetic or "gift'' aspect of him and others that can make them great speakers.  

Hard to say  

cheers.  

Nice post. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

You mean as articulate as he was in this exchange? :P

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1460776261010264067

He has a talent with words, spent his life reading and teaching.

Personally I don't find his way with words that magnetic, and usually I'm able to appreciate this quality. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly impressive , but unnecessarily complex.

6 minutes ago, Waves said:

You mean as articulate as he was in this exchange? :P

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1460776261010264067

He has a talent with words, spent his life reading and teaching.

Personally I don't find his way with words that magnetic, and usually I'm able to appreciate this quality. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly impressive , but unnecessarily complex.

xD

I'm not racist, but I like to swear

To everyone

xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

He is articulate? I think he is messy as fuck. If you want articulate watch Rupert Spira.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

he was a teacher so it was probably important to get his point across in a way that students could clearly understand

also he has a high iq apparently

didn't safe him from getting addicted to silly old benzos though hihi

j/k

I found him messy, inarticulate, jumbled, confusing and unnecessarily complicated and winding. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What was the question ?

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

He is articulate? I think he is messy as fuck. If you want articulate watch Rupert Spira.

spira stutters though

nobodys perfect

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

spira stutters though

nobodys perfect

Yeah but he knows what he's talking about and don't use 50 obscures words to sound smart though.

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

spira stutters though

nobodys perfect

When has he stuttered? He sometimes stumbles over a millisecond of word but I wouldnt call that stuttering...

@Shin I dont know.

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

they both dress nice imo, good sense of style

Spira got that non-dual drip.

Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson use the same technique of delivery 

Both deliberately use complex words and winding long sentences to sound smart and intellectual in order to explain even simple stuff 

I thought true intelligence was about breaking down complex ideas into simpler easily understandable language rather than the other way around 

Both have a disproportionate sense of ego. Maybe there's a connection. 

49 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson use the same technique of delivery 

Both deliberately use complex words and winding long sentences to sound smart and intellectual in order to explain even simple stuff 

I thought true intelligence was about breaking down complex ideas into simpler easily understandable language rather than the other way around 

Both have a disproportionate sense of ego. Maybe there's a connection. 

Truth.

Compare either of these figures to someone like Noam Chomsky to see the difference between YouTube pseudo-intellectuals and an actual intellectual who's made important contributions to several different fields of knowledge.

Both Jordy P. and Sam Harris's take on political issues are routinely so ill informed and reductive that they make my brain bleed.

Being able to speak coherently on a given subject doesn't automatically mean that one's opinions are well thought enough to be worth taking seriously.

Ben Shapiro is also someone who is decent at stringing words together to form coherent nonsensical arguments; that doesn't mean he should be taken seriously.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Truth.

Compare either of these figures to someone like Noam Chomsky to see the difference between YouTube pseudo-intellectuals and an actual intellectual who's made important contributions to several different fields of knowledge.

Both Jordy P. and Sam Harris's take on political issues are routinely so I'll informed and reductive that they make my brain bleed.

Being able to speak coherently on a given subject doesn't automatically mean that one's opinions are well thought out and worth taking seriously.

Ben Shapiro is also someone who is decent at stringing words together to form coherent nonsensical arguments; that doesn't mean he should be taken seriously.

Yup

17 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

i don't think benny is on the same level as jordy or sammy

well for me certainly he isn't,  don't really see any value in listening to benny

With JP, I feel people often confuse being articulate with being charismatic, emotional, engaging and entertaining. He is articulate, but it's not his main selling point.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.