charlie cho

Maybe God exists. Still, why should i respect him at all

38 posts in this topic

Just read the diary of Anne Frank. Know that the God that is so close to you right now, the consciousness and presence that is next to us right now, has permitted the holocaust to happen. That consciousness and presence just allowed Nazis to treat prisoners in "such" a way. Know some of the soldiers who are forced to serve in the military and even get killed or be forced out of their normal daily lives. Read how Nietzsche was treated by his contemporaries for just being the only smart guy there. 

Yeah. Im not saying God doesnt exist. Im not saying presence isnt there. Im not saying consciousness is absent on Earth. They may as well exist more than any other thing. But to realize all what happened on this earth to innocent people by vile creatures, its hard to smile or even sympathize with consciousness, presence, or God, without feeling a bit of disgust. 

Edited by charlie cho

The thing is "God" or "consciousness" as far as I understand is infinitely all-inclusive. Meaning it's a-ok/at peace with itself. And it is infinitely so, meaning every aspect of itself is what people here call "Love" or when they say stuff like "All of reality is love" and the like. Obviously, it's not actually love, it's something else far greater, but it is the closest thing we got to describe it. Also, don't forget God is both Hitler and the Jews. So everything it does, it does so to itself. At the same time, I feel like it has no choice but to be and "do" what it does, which I feel kinda sucks. So we're always doomed to the same experiences good and bad. It is what it is I guess, nothing we can do about it. 

2806004-jaws.jpg

Consider Steven Spielberg's epic 1975 film "Jaws".

At the time, the film was considered to be a ground-breaking scary suspense thriller, but in time critics grew bored and pointed out many of the films flaws, not least the relatively fake-looking animatronic shark as compared with modern CG methodology.

Theorize for a moment, that one day the film "Jaws" is rebooted for the 21st century, with modern CG and modern 3D cinematography complete with VR-helmets in HD 360 head-tracking sound, to the extent that the experience is so immersive that you literally feel like you are right there swimming in the water getting eaten by sharks.

And that might work well for a generation or two. But once again, in time the many critics will grow bored relative to even greater and more futuristic technologies.

They might say: "But wouldn't it be really good if we could actually feel pain? So that you can literally feel the shark ripping you from limb to limb!"

And so the more adventurous puts on their Unreality Cyborg helmets (or whatever they're calling them) and indeed, despite knowing that it's all entertainment and for fun, they indeed get to experience being torn apart by sharks, and though it hurts like hell, you surely will find it hilarious.

And that might be fine for a while, but then someone will say: "Wouldn't it be cool if we could just wipe our memories, so that we didn't even realize we were playing a game? As though we quite literally we there being eaten by sharks for real."

And once again doth goeth the most adventurous unto those choppy waters adourned by terrifying sharks, and long hast gone the memory of a memory that it ever once was all just a game. And so it continues.

And it continues and it continues in an ever increasing game of risk, until one day someone suggests:-

"What about a trip to Auschwitz?"

Such is the nature of God's adventure.

Edited by cookiemonster

Do whatever the fuck you want. God will not be offended.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, charlie cho said:

But to realize all what happened on this earth to innocent people by vile creatures, its hard to smile or even sympathize with consciousness, presence, or God, without feeling a bit of disgust. 

From the Absolute there's no judgement, there's no difference between innocent or guilty people getting killed. In fact, there's no difference between life & death. "Care" (beyond human care) for the whole looks like devilry to the finite because the care is "too large" and radical to grasp and to put into finite understanding.

By definition Care for the whole cannot be functional for finite survival concerns. If it would be functional for the finite, then it wouldn't be Care. This doesn't make sense when viewed from a survival lens. Precisely because one looks from the lens of survival at the image of god, god will appear disgusting especially when it's thought that death & suffering is injustice or that there is injustice in general. Of course the duality of justice & injustice is functional to survival.

On another note, disgust is what is disowned & reject from your identity:

Sometimes, we project our shadows onto others. When you find yourself feeling irrationally irritated or disgusted by aspects of someone’s behaviour, it can point to something you are deeply frightened of seeing or having in yourself. [...]

By re-integrating our shadows, we no longer have to exert unconscious energy to suppress things we do not like to feel or hide aspects of ourselves we dislike. Understanding how shadows work, we will also have a deeper understanding of interpersonal and relationship dynamics; we can have more compassion for other people when they are acting ‘out of character, and we can be mindful of the dark side of humanities without being overly judgemental.

https://eggshelltherapy.com/shadow-work/

Integrating death, suffering, injustice and immorality doesn't mean that one then goes wild and kills people. That imagination comes from an unintegrated identity which innocently projects out its own evil. Integrating it all is letting life flow without control.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

The characters and the character's desires are part OF it. It is both the terrified gassed jews AND the Nazis who desired to kill them.

It isn't letting you get tortured it is itself being tortured. We are just empty puppets.

There is no reason. It's a natural process/thing. In itself it isn't sentient, thoughts appear to it. The two are bound together and there's no word for that since that binding is neither nothing nor something...

You're God op, so when you say "should I respect him at all", you're really saying "should I respect myself at all ?".

You're never gonna be at peace/happy/joyful/fulfilled as long as you judge/criticise/complain (and doing those things to your own thoughs counts too xD ) cause you're literally wishing that something should be different and hating yourself.

You're wishing that your own Godliness was different, but God/You is/are perfect already.

Actually, the way you're thinking now is the exact way Hitler thought 80 years ago.

He thought something was wrong in the world and needed to erase it, but what was really happening is him not accepting itself as God and projecting this rejection to some part of himself/God, which turned out to be the Jews, cause it was easy to point the finger onto them.

If you want to do "good" you have to accept everything as it is and loving it to death, then you'll do "good" but not because there is something or someone to fix, but because you just want to share your love.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, charlie cho said:

its hard to smile or even sympathize with consciousness, presence, or God, without feeling a bit of disgust. 

Funny how a teenage girl's private thoughts became widely famous.

Thought says "not-thought is an ASSHOLE!". Not-thought says nothing... just stays where it is, unconditionally loving you, unconditionally aware of the thoughts and feelings. Feeling says ugh, no! You stick with focusing on that thought because you believe it to be true and you don't care to focus on another thought. Awareness or Source is Good with no opposite and never leaves that standpoint. So when you think thoughts that feel awful, it stays where it is and the dissonance between you and it is translated as negative emotion. You can go to it. It won't go to you. Why? Cause it's Good. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

28 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Ever heard of self respect ?.

Says the guy with a trashbag as a profil pic xD

God is love

And God in them

27 minutes ago, Shin said:

Says the guy with a trashbag as a profil pic xD

24 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Shin somethings in life you just gotta own. ?

OMG I thought that was a black figure sitting and meditating. Never saw a trash bag. xD WTF? That is so weird. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

OMG I thought that was a black figure sitting and meditating. Never saw a trash bag. xD WTF? That is so weird. 

His name is fearless bum, how did you not see that ? xD

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I saw it but it looked like a sort of primitively sculpted fat Buddha stature to me. I dunno.

Just now, Fearless_Bum said:

@mandyjw the bodhisattva disguises itself very well ;)

xD❤ 

2 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Ever heard of self respect ?.

was about to say the same thing

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

I thought it was a guy wearing a black hoodie with his hands in his pockets xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I thought it was a guy wearing a black hoodie with his hands in his pockets xD

210522080658620442.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

210522080658620442.gif

Let me clarify: I used to think it was a guy wearing a black hoodie with his hands in his pockets xD In cognitive psychology, this is called "the context effect", which is a type of top-down processing in visual perception (perception relies on information from past perceptions). We expect to see a person because it's a profile picture.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

We expect to see a person because it's a profile picture.

I guess it's also where the personification of a God came from.