BipolarGrowth

Do you smack a mosquito from your arm or let it drink?

33 posts in this topic

How does this relate to Absolute Love from your perspective? 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

I'll smash that sucker flat.

About how this relates to Absolute Love. I'll have to ponder on that,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

How does this relate to Absolute Love from your perspective? 

It matters not.  That is Absolute Love.   But ultimately you will not strike it down because the love for other beings is the love for yourself as God..and you will no longer care about your own survival as a finite self...the only reason you would ever take action to strike it down is to protect your finite self...and God understands this too is Absolute Love.   God understands that selfishness is Absolute Love.   That is the highest understanding 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I'll smash that sucker flat.

About how this relates to Absolute Love. I'll have to ponder on that,,,

Honest answer ? I’ve found it quite insightful to find yourself in a state of Love where the mosquito’s sustenance is seen as more important than the minimal pain and risk of disease you incur. On the other hand, if you get West Nile virus, maybe it makes you less capable of bringing more Love to the world as a whole. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It matters not.  That is Absolute Love.   But ultimately you will not strike it down because the love for other beings is the love for yourself as God..and you will no longer care about your own survival as a finite self...the only reason you would ever take action to strike it down is to protect your finite self...and God understands this too is Absolute Love.   God understands that selfishness is Absolute Love.   That is the highest understanding 

I like this. Good response. 

4 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I like this. Good response. 

Its a great philosophical question...what's your answer?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its a great philosophical question...what's your answer?

If I had to answer it, it’d be pretty damn close to your answer. Considering you’ve sort of spoiled the pot by giving such a “good” answer that aligns with my direct experience and biases, I don’t see it necessary or very useful to move synonymous words around to say essentially the same thing ?

51 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Honest answer ? I’ve found it quite insightful to find yourself in a state of Love where the mosquito’s sustenance is seen as more important than the minimal pain and risk of disease you incur. On the other hand, if you get West Nile virus, maybe it makes you less capable of bringing more Love to the world as a whole. 

I can be in a state of love. That oceanic condition,,,,, I've noticed in the past that driving a 16 penny nail into a piece of wood is not conducive while in that oceanic condition of Love with a big L, Love for all. On the other hand I can't recall any difficulty in swatting a mosquito while in a state of Love or agape. The mosquito doesn't have 3 centers or 7 chakras. The mosquito doesn't have feelings or for that matter opinions about anything whatsoever. So far as I know. At most, biologically speaking, a mosquito is just a very small stimulus response blood sucker that has no nostalgia for times gone by. 

Not that long ago I was held at gunpoint while laying on the ground with instructions not to move or they would shoot my ass. This wasn't the police by the way. As this drama unfolded there was more than one mosquito that fed free choice on my body for a good while. The result was quite large welts that were red and swollen that really had a deep itch and didn't go away for a couple of days. 

Long story short. It doesn't violate my conscience to kill a mosquito. A mammal it does but not a mosquito.

One mosquito ill let it be. But when 10 of those suckers attack me I see that as an act of war. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Mosquitos can carry nasty diseases that can harm your body, a conscious being will smack it and hope it reincarnates into a fuzzy little honey bee next

56 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Not that long ago I was held at gunpoint while laying on the ground with instructions not to move or they would shoot my ass. This wasn't the police by the way.

Woah, man! That sucks (pun unintended). Hope you're well.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Woah, man! That sucks (pun unintended). Hope you're well.

Ha!

Thankfully that incident was resolved without any violence and all is well. Thanks.

Mosquitos are quite humbling, as they actually show us that we aren't hot shit. 

Mosquitos are single mothers trying to feed their kids, you're just food for them, another piece of the Cosmic puzzle. 

If a mosquito stings you so be it, kill or don't doesnt matter. 

Best to just avoid the mosquito at all and respect it. 

Either way, it does not matter. Yet there is still a perceived mattering to myself. So, I neither strike it nor let it drink. Rather, I blow it away with my breath that way it doesn't die and I'm no longer getting bit.

“It is only when mosquito land on your balls that you realize there is a way to solve problems without using violence.”

Lol, my blood aint free. I wouldn't crush the little fella though..

I've been blessed to have never enjoyed seeing bugs squished, always felt there was something not right about it.

"When mosquito lands on your testicles, thats when you realize violence is not the answer" - Lao Tzu

Dont look at me! Look inside!

51 minutes ago, Rilles said:

"When mosquito lands on your testicles, thats when you realize violence is not the answer" - Lao Tzu

That can't possibly happen unless you're doing some form of erection concentration practice or something.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Yes mosquitoes are the only insects i kill. For the other annoying fellas i have a device to trap them and kick them out of the house without killing them. 

I do kill many animals indirectly because i like meat and this is the selfishness that i accepted. 

I kill mosquitoes and eat meat because i care more about my well being than theirs. 

Edited by BlackMaze

Coming from a vegan.... Smash him instinctively and then call him a "little fucker". Followed by making sure there's no other little fuckers sucking my blood that may also need a smashing.✌?

5 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

That can't possibly happen unless you're doing some form of erection concentration practice or something.

Have you not heard of those practices yet? That’s surprising…