diamondpenguin

Why does gravity exist

35 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

since everything exists,does this mean that there is a world somewhere where hogwarts is real,and im(my ego)is  a student there,and instead of ron weasley im harries best friend and i end up getting tortured and  killed by voldemort? If literally everything concievable this must be too right? (Srs question)

Yes.

If you can imagine it, then it exists as potential. It only actualizes when it manifests in the Now.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can ask this question of literally any thing.

The answer will always be INFINITY.

You cannot understand how any one thing can exist without realizing that all possible things must exist within INFINITY.

So the simple answer is: any thing exists because EVERYTHING exists.

Consciousness is an Infinite Mind which imagines every possible thing that could ever be imagined.

Gravity just so happens to be one of those things.

@Leo GuraThe infinity answer seems nice.   It is thinking more maximally than how I was thinking.

@diamondpenguin The process of death may feel pretty painful for one.

@LastThursday  I've created a theory like that too - A long object could collapse inward to be more spherical because of the asymmetry that the long object creates.

@Ineedanswers The worlds we imagine may exist even if it is just in your mind and my mind.. Is all of this in our mind anyway..  The division between the mind and the outer mind but is it all one mind and what about inside the head and outside the head but yet is stuff processed in the head or is the mind without limits and the processing is the entire thing itself.. or if it is one mind but I am imagining some other place, but that is part of this reality too.. so weird.

Adding more based on Leo's response - Everything is allowed.  The universe doesn't say no or reject anything.  Yeah gravity could disappear and may not be how it is now forever.  The universe is okay with gravity and also okay if there is no gravity.  The universe doesn't judge.  But yet we are the universe and we judge stuff so that one is tricky... We say stuff isn't allowed... so huh..  So in a way us judging stuff - could be like the universe judging via gravity going towards what it "approves" and going away from what it rejects.  But yet as stuff changes/evolves, how it judges changes... there is seemingly the flexibility for anything...

We can read minds - - if we develop the technology ha.  We can fly... with an airplane.  We can go back in time.. via watching old footage.  We can live more close to forever.. if we develop robotic hearts, liver, lungs, etc.

Guys...just replace whatever term your are endlessly debating about with 'imagination'.

Gravity is imagination, your body is imagination..

All sights, sounds, smells, tastes (whatever physical / scientific / material phenomenon) is imagination.

These kinds of topics are getting quite annoying when there is so many videos on Leo's YT channel, and a huge number other sources, that clearly state to you what the substance of reality is from God's (otherwise known as you) perspective.

Stop fighting that your entire existence is imaginary...else you'll go crazy trying to figure this stuff out with logic.

Edited by Terell Kirby

@PepperBlossoms

(Two cents) Keep in that direction (if interested), you’re right on the money. Again, two cents here, but the ‘everything is allowed’ isn’t applicable. When an apple is dropped, it goes down and not left right or up. It’s a miracle indeed, but also understandable from (so to speak) the bottom to the top. If ‘you’re imagining it’ is true for one, great. If it isn’t, and there is great curiosity and willingness, ‘it’, this appearance and the true nature, can all actually be understood, and there are some ‘nopes’ and some ‘yeps’ along the way which click, and it does all ‘fit together’ if you will. 

@Fearless_Bum

Not meant personally at all, but you kinda gotta add ‘for me’ to where you’re coming from there (imo). Everything about reality, gravity, anti-gravity, etc, etc can be realized and understood. It’s like knowing what you’re doing, but not knowing what isn’t a doing, or how it is you are being this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

because even space is an aggregate and stability, self maintenance/survival and connectivity are basic universal principles. aggregates have more or less stable connectors and structure which ensure connectivity. in a sense it all starts where chemistry and physics get indiffernciable - you could ask: why is order contained in chaos? how can structure exist without matter? how can sth like life exist if matter is inherently lifeless? why does space as an aggregate not connect to matter as aggregates? why does it seem like zero and one are not basically both one? why can’t one exist without zero and what the heck are all the other numbers standing for.

gravity is not a straight line, like time is not a straight line.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Fearless_Bum

Not meant personally at all, but you kinda gotta add ‘for me’ to where you’re coming from there (imo). Everything about reality, gravity, anti-gravity, etc, etc can be realized and understood. It’s like knowing what you’re doing, but not knowing what isn’t a doing, or how it is you are being this. 

@Nahm when you say realized I suspect you mean the thing that can't actually be spoken of, in that case sure no problem. 

I only smack down any possibility of realization being a thing because most people will mentally masturbate and call that realization. 

@Fearless_Bum

Yes, I hear that. I mean more like contemplative realizations, which yes, are experiential. Stuff like, a while back when it really hit me, the power of letting a thought go, and that thoughts are things, to the extent anything else is a thing, but no more or less either. I wondered… where do the thoughts go, which are let go? And then that was realized. Experience, yes, but like contemplating where the car keys are, and then it hit’s ya, and sure enough, that is where they are - exactly where and how “I” left em. (Duh)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm When you say everything will fit together if you will. What do you do if things don't wanna fit together?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Nahm I see what you're pointing to. 

Car keys analogy right on point ?. 

But it's not something you can figure out, it's just spontaneous. 

13 hours ago, Petals said:

@Leo Gura So I guess the question that I am trying to get at is not 'why does gravity exist?' but 'why does gravity exist in the very way that it does?'.

The answer is the same. But what you're missing is the actual consciousness of INFINITY.

When you finally reach INFINITY it will all make sense. And until then it won't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

When an apple is dropped, it goes down and not left right or up. It’s a miracle indeed

@Nahm Hahaha.  But when I am at the north pole and an apple is dropped in Asia, the apple goes sideways!  Nice points on imaginary or coming up nopes and yeps to try to get some sort of fit together understanding.  I can see that okay, stuff has to have conditions that allow for it to happen for it to happen.

2 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

When you say everything will fit together if you will. What do you do if things don't wanna fit together?

@diamondpenguin You get divorced or work it out. hehe

4 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

I only smack down any possibility of realization being a thing because most people will mentally masturbate and call that realization. 

@Fearless_Bum Like me haha.  It is weird how we can see stuff and then what we see is what we take as understanding like immediately.  It is like, why am I accepting this?  But also, how do I not accept it when it?

4 hours ago, mememe said:

because even space is an aggregate and stability, self maintenance/survival and connectivity are basic universal principles. aggregates have more or less stable connectors and structure which ensure connectivity. in a sense it all starts where chemistry and physics get indiffernciable - you could ask: why is order contained in chaos? how can structure exist without matter? how can sth like life exist if matter is inherently lifeless? why does space as an aggregate not connect to matter as aggregates? why does it seem like zero and one are not basically both one? why can’t one exist without zero and what the heck are all the other numbers standing for.

gravity is not a straight line, like time is not a straight line.

@mememe Interesting questions - I wanted to attempt them hehe. (may not be the best/right response but it's an attempt)

Why is order contained in chaos? Chaos and order define each other.  Chaos is a type/degree of order and vice versa.  Chaos and order are opposites/part of a spectrum.  We could have orderly pieces in a chaotic arrangement as well as chaotic pieces in an orderly arrangement.

How can structure exist without matter? Matter put together creates structure.  Matter is made up of structure which is made of matter made of structure.  If there was no matter, there would be no structure. Matter will always have some sort of structure that it is arranged as otherwise there'd be no notion of any existence of matter.

How can stuff like life exist if matter is inherently lifeless? Stuff is both lifeless and full of life at the same time.  Stuff has different capacities for what it can do.  When you have certain things that are put together in certain ways, it allows for things that otherwise it wouldn't have/do.  We may not really dead or alive (labels) but rather just is.  Stuff just changes from one form to another.

Why does space as an aggregate not connect to matter as aggregates? Matter has voids and is full of voids and voids define matter.  (Like how colors next to each other together define each other's shape)

Why does it seem like zero and one not basically both one? Zero means none and one means something. None can mean something as none is a concept and concepts are something.  None can also be considered not the same as something.

Why can't one exist without zero? Something and nothing define each other and are part of the same spectrum as opposites.

What the heck are all the other numbers standing for? Numbers stand for whatever we choose to have the number stand for.

Another weird one is the "edge of infinity".  Is there no edge or form?  Infinity is infinity - it can go on forever.

In that sense, there is no outer wall keeping stuff in or keeping stuff out.

But if we look at "solids" which there seems to be a boundary between the "solid" and the "gas" even though the boundary itself is not solid and has space from particle to particle and the particles themselves have space among the particles that make them up and so on and so on....

Hence "gravity" and "forces" creating the arrangements that then create forms/structures.

Gravity is there, good enough.

Try quantum entanglement instead, but i must admit i only read a few quotes from some popular authors, like Carl Sagan if that helps at all, for example...

Edited by Egzoset

20 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Why is order contained in chaos? Chaos and order define each other.  Chaos is a type/degree of order and vice versa.  Chaos and order are opposites/part of a spectrum.  We could have orderly pieces in a chaotic arrangement as well as chaotic pieces in an orderly arrangement.

not quite what i imagined. a spectrum is order, how can chaos be part of a spectrum? inherently there is no opposition in chaos and order - it’s all chaos (with an illusion of order, what you define as order) the question is much more technical, it’s not a duality question.

sometimes it’s better to let the questions sink a bit more in. or maybe just let them stand for themselves. if you disconnect them from matter they might not make sense anymore.

i guess that’s a basic principle, too.

Edited by mememe