Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

How to surrender to God?

13 posts in this topic

So many times I've heard about "surrendering to God", "giving up the mind for Christ", "devotion to Self/guru" etc. All these seem to point to the same thing, as if one could choose to listen/act either "through ego" or the True Self.

But how do you know what is in accorance of the True Self and what is not? How do you know which thoughts/actions are to be followed? How do you identify the "right direction"?

Sometimes I feel like life is some IKEA furniture without assembly instructions. Sure, I could go and read all the spiritual texts. But that would still depend on belief, not direct experience. And how could I know which teachings are true and not full of shit?

As I'm writing this, I'm sensing some kind of a "guidance" or direction. But I can't really hear it. Can't get a good look at it.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

It just hit me: what I'm actually asking is simply: "what is true?"

That's basically the same as "what is spirituality?"

"What is the path?"

For fuck's sake. All these books and videos and I still don't know what "spirituality" is! :D

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

By surrendering to the present moment. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

It's a little paradoxical, but not really. 

'ego' is just imaginary separation.. it's what happens when the Universe sprouts humans that have thoughts like, 'I am separate from that which is not me.  There's a me who does things.'.  But sometimes humans discover that these are just more thoughts occurring, and they recognize that they are not 'doing' even their own thoughts.  They realize that what they mistook to be 'the thinker of thoughts' is just more thoughts. 

When these types of thoughts (imaginary separation, a doer separate from 'what's happening') cease, what is left is simply 'being' with no one 'doing' it.  Everything just 'going along'. 

"Any attempt to change what is occurring, is just more what is already occurring." - Me

There's only 1 path, and you're already on it, and any step you take to deviate from the path, is just more 'you being on the path'. 

To be conscious of this, is to surrender to God. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

As far as ego self / true self, what’s in accordance / what isn’t, knowing / not knowing, right direction / wrong direction, belief / direct experience, true or false…… the middle way… meditation. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

33 minutes ago, roopepa said:

But how do you know what is in accorance of the True Self and what is not? How do you know which thoughts/actions are to be followed? How do you identify the "right direction"?

By allowing your desires and paying attention to how you feel. The desire is the direction and the feeling is indicating whether you're fighting it, or going smoothly in the direction of it. 

The desire for enlightenment is not in conflict with any other desires. There are no lesser desires, no separate desires, just misunderstood or resisted desires. Desire (for) itSelf burns itself up like a moth to the flame. 

We desire everything we desire because of how we want to feel. When we bring awareness straight to feeling, we realize that desire isn't a step up or a thing in the future, it always goes straight back to us. We are that very now awareness itself. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

37 minutes ago, Someone here said:

By surrendering to the present moment. 

This ^

8 hours ago, roopepa said:

All these books and videos and I still don't know what "spirituality" is! :D

I think you have to define it for yourself.

"You Create Magic" 

Do this and do it right. Might take a couple tries. For me, I wasn't prepared before and I started getting scared so I stopped myself. Earlier today, I did this exercise and I feel like I just found the last puzzle piece.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool

23 hours ago, roopepa said:

This is exactly why Christians identify deeply with Jesus as the character of God and say that He is the truth, the way, and the life. That is the value is saying I am Christian because it clarifies what God means to an individual. 

And that is an important distinction you need to make for yourself.

What is God? How does a person act and do when he is aligned with Truth? There is a need for that message to be communicated to someone who does not know God or may know someone who believes in God, but does weird crap like start a suicide cult.

God is also identified and distinguished by what He is NOT. like the Neti-Neti method. This is probably why humans can't get away from Good and Evil, even if it is tied to Ego.

For example, I could discuss with someone on the street what God is. We both may have an experience of what we perceive as "God" and yet receive two different messages.

To Mark Chapman, 'God' spoke to him to kill John Lennon.

To me, 'God' says to love someone is to love myself.

Which message is 'right'? or another way to put it 'whole' 

The problem is that the word 'God' can mean different things to people and can create a lot of confusion.

The only way to know what is true is to connect to direct experience because Truth is self-evident and deeper than what is captured through the scientific method. 

I believe Jesus to be the Son of God because his words and actions speaks to the deep humanity in me. But I only came to this conclusion by having personal revelations of God's Love and noticing that Jesus embodied these characteristics to the highest degree. 

You can still connect to Truth without all of the religions, but it is certainly a great pointer or fast track to Truth within yourself, which I do agree with others is in the Present Moment.

Edited by SgtPepper

Totally accept whatever is arising. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 10/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, roopepa said:

As I'm writing this, I'm sensing some kind of a "guidance" or direction. But I can't really hear it. Can't get a good look at it.

That sense of absolute clarity comes from the Self within, and is directly realized. You can't hear it, see it, smell it, touch it, or taste it. It is beyond physical sensation, perception, and the thinking mind.

There is a profound sense, beyond the form senses, which is spiritual and undeniable. Trust that.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.