Leo Gura

Mega-dose Psilocybin Mushrooms

70 posts in this topic

On 10.7.2017 at 10:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Franz When you understand why, when you eat a banana you don't eat the peel, you'll understand why, when I eat mushrooms, I don't eat the flesh.

You have a point. Arguing any further would be egoic nonsense 

@Leo Gura

Do you make a tea from fresh or dried mushrooms, or do both methods work?

What would be a medium dosage of fresh mushrooms (to make tea)? (one person)

What is the right amount of water, and a good water termperature (= or < boiling point)?

Do you cut the mushrooms into small pieces or do you grind them?

Where did you find the information that eating the flesh is toxic?

I know that there are some recipes on the internet, but they contain a great deal of contradictory information, so your advice would be highly appreciated.  :)

Wouldn't 5 grams be enough for an optimal experience ? I heard you can get the same results with 5 as with 15-20 ect.. depending on how spiritually centered and focused you are like you mentioned before even with micro-dosing or low dose LSD with the right mindset and open channel you can tap into deep waters just as easily if you've already had direction connection in the past. Once the channel is open it takes little effort to get back there (so to speak) if you know what im talking about.

I don't have much experience with mushrooms, tried magic truffles few times with friends in my earlier days so i can't really say much but i am curious for someone like me, should i try 3.5g or 1.75g x2. Most tell me go the full 3.5 but i believe i could possibly reach deep potential with half and score 2 sessions?

I guess i just have that connection, belief and mindset which allows me to go deeper than usual if i want to. I believe we all can do this but merely doubt that holds us back thus why we meditate to help dissolve doubt.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

This thread makes my handle sound like child's play haha. Still... I've found my home

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

10 hours ago, Sup said:

Do you make a tea from fresh or dried mushrooms, or do both methods work?

What would be a medium dosage of fresh mushrooms (to make tea)? (one person)

Where did you find the information that eating the flesh is toxic?

1) I take an alcohol extract. Never tried tea, but hear it works well.

2) Same dose as eating them: 2g to 4g. 2g will be medium-low, 4g will be medium-strong. 4g will blow your reality to pieces. Start with 1g.

3) It's just obvious from your body's reaction. If it makes you nauseous, that's your body telling you you ate something toxic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just to drop some information passed on from a friend to mushroom travelers that if you have some cacao make a hot chocolate and or tea with the mushrooms or sip one during the experience apparently there is a synergistic effect that takes place with theobromine(the love drug in chocolate) and since everything is amplified on psychedelics it can feel like MDMA level euphoria or more. Of course herbal teas would probably be great to experiment with but chocolate and psilocybin has a history even back in Mayan days as a sacred ceremonial combination that helps dissolve the uneasiness and anxiety if it were to present itself. So keep that around incase it gets a bit challenging shall we say :)

Happy Travels!

B R E A T H E

@pluto

On 7/13/2017 at 0:03 PM, pluto said:

Wouldn't 5 grams be enough for an optimal experience ? I heard you can get the same results with 5 as with 15-20 ect.. depending on how spiritually centered and focused you are like you mentioned before even with micro-dosing or low dose LSD with the right mindset and open channel you can tap into deep waters just as easily if you've already had direction connection in the past. Once the channel is open it takes little effort to get back there (so to speak) if you know what im talking about.

I don't have much experience with mushrooms, tried magic truffles few times with friends in my earlier days so i can't really say much but i am curious for someone like me, should i try 3.5g or 1.75g x2. Most tell me go the full 3.5 but i believe i could possibly reach deep potential with half and score 2 sessions?

I guess i just have that connection, belief and mindset which allows me to go deeper than usual if i want to. I believe we all can do this but merely doubt that holds us back thus why we meditate to help dissolve doubt.

I did 5g shrooms dried before and it was fantastic. I did 8g's of tea last Friday and I'm typing to myself right now.  

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm not saying don't expand your consciousness in this way...at all, I agree with Leo that this can equate to years of meditation for some...fair enough...but this is too much!...I don't give a shit, that's fucking dangerous guys! It seems like you are daring each other like a bunch of macho chimps holding moonshine kegs like they are fucking cans of beer, wtf? I know people in mental institutions ***for life *** because of shit like that...from my personal experience, in observing others, it is possible to take so much that  you never come down. I can think of a number of examples that I know personally, but I guess the best is my friends parents. When he was a young teen, his parents foolishly split a 100-lot of LSD in their beer at a party. I have visited them, with him, in the mental institution....it's like they were perpetually high, and not always in a "good" way... they saw a lot of conspiracy and danger around etc....I know of another person where this happened with way too many mushrooms....please, dose responsibly!

7 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

I'm not saying don't expand your consciousness in this way...at all, I agree with Leo that this can equate to years of meditation for some...fair enough...but this is too much!...I don't give a shit, that's fucking dangerous guys! It seems like you are daring each other like a bunch of macho chimps holding moonshine kegs like they are fucking cans of beer, wtf? I know people in mental institutions ***for life *** because of shit like that...from my personal experience, in observing others, it is possible to take so much that  you never come down. I can think of a number of examples that I know personally, but I guess the best is my friends parents. When he was a young teen, his parents foolishly split a 100-lot of LSD in their beer at a party. I have visited them, with him, in the mental institution....it's like they were perpetually high, and not always in a "good" way... they saw a lot of conspiracy and danger around etc....I know of another person where this happened with way too many mushrooms....please, dose responsibly!

Yea, this is the likely result when you mega dose.  It's the most dangerous and stupid idea out there on the internet.  Partly because of Terrance Mckenna and his popularization of the "heroic" dose.   Smart guy, but an extremely idiotic idea.  His brother even admitted that Terrance went too deep into la la land with drugs.  

Regarding your friends, it's not that they never came down, as in they're still tripping.  They're not.  It's more that they permanently fried their brains and now they're back at base level consciousness, or maybe a bit lower, just with a boiled egg for a brain.  

People need to understand they have a limited amount of times they can use these drugs before they start frying you.  Once you have gotten what you need out of them, quit.  

29 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Yea, this is the likely result when you mega dose.  It's the most dangerous and stupid idea out there on the internet.  Partly because of Terrance Mckenna and his popularization of the "heroic" dose.   Smart guy, but an extremely idiotic idea.  His brother even admitted that Terrance went too deep into la la land with drugs.  

Regarding your friends, it's not that they never came down, as in they're still tripping.  They're not.  It's more that they permanently fried their brains and now they're back at base level consciousness, or maybe a bit lower, just with a boiled egg for a brain.  

People need to understand they have a limited amount of times they can use these drugs before they start frying you.  Once you have gotten what you need out of them, quit.  

I hear ya, but I see a lot of double standard (maybe using this term inappropriately here, but you get what I mean)  in spiritual community. At one time brain does not even exist and in fact you don't exist /so be radically accepting/, the next second : Don't do mega-dose, it's dangerous, you fry your brain? 

Can we reconcile this? Are we the body or are we not?

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

It's not a matter of being the body or not being the body. There might be tons of elderly people with high degree of dementia that cannot function that much any more. Yet, some of them might be awake. But they cannot function.

7 hours ago, Dodo said:

I hear ya, but I see a lot of double standard (maybe using this term inappropriately here, but you get what I mean)  in spiritual community. At one time brain does not even exist and in fact you don't exist /so be radically accepting/, the next second : Don't do mega-dose, it's dangerous, you fry your brain? 

Can we reconcile this? Are we the body or are we not?

I'm not the spiritual community.  

You're not the body, so it's ok for the body to harm itself?  Even that doesn't make sense.  An organism with the proper understanding will not purposefully harm itself.  People often don't have a proper understanding of the harms of psychedelics and they end up harming themselves for that reason.  Whether you are the body or not is irrelevant.  The body and mind still function on the basis of knowledge that it has of the world.  

On 7/13/2017 at 2:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

3) It's just obvious from your body's reaction. If it makes you nauseous, that's your body telling you you ate something toxic.

I'm going to be a bit nitpicky here, but I feel it deserves being cleared up because it's a very common misunderstanding that magic mushrooms are toxic. I think it stems from a cultural idea that mushrooms = toadstools = poison that most of us are taught, and that underlying hunch biases us to think of magic mushrooms as toxic.

Feeling nauseous from eating something isn't a proof of toxicity, our bodies can be tricked. Conversely, there are toxic things that we don't get nauseous from. There's aren't any real known toxins found in magic mushrooms, but the flesh of mushrooms is made of chitin which is undigestable to us humans - same thing that bugs' shells are made of. Also, magic mushrooms are full of serotonin agonist drugs (psilocybin etc), and our guts are full of serotonin receptors. So when you chuck a bunch of undigestible chitin in your belly, along with a drug that stimulates your guts, combined with a pretty damn foul taste, you can experience nausea or other GI unpleasantness.

So in the end, it can be a good idea to chuck out the mushroom flesh and just extract the good bits in a tea, but when you look closely at it, the truth is more nuanced than a situation of toxicity.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 7/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Franz When you understand why, when you eat a banana you don't eat the peel, you'll understand why, when I eat mushrooms, I don't eat the flesh.

I've gotten sick from eating mushrooms, and it sucks ass to start off a trip with nausea, pain, and vomiting.  It depends on the quality and type of mushroom and what you ate with them and what you have on your stomach.  I've eaten them before with amazing trips and no sickness or vomiting, but I think you're better off making a tea like a lot of folks do.  All I can say is if you must eat them, make sure you've eaten plenty that day and eat a good decent portion of food with the mushrooms and this helps reduce the chances of sickness tremendously, at least in my experience. 

Grace

4 hours ago, outlandish said:

I'm going to be a bit nitpicky here, but I feel it deserves being cleared up because it's a very common misunderstanding that magic mushrooms are toxic. I think it stems from a cultural idea that mushrooms = toadstools = poison that most of us are taught, and that underlying hunch biases us to think of magic mushrooms as toxic.

Feeling nauseous from eating something isn't a proof of toxicity, our bodies can be tricked. Conversely, there are toxic things that we don't get nauseous from. There's aren't any real known toxins found in magic mushrooms, but the flesh of mushrooms is made of chitin which is undigestable to us humans - same thing that bugs' shells are made of. Also, magic mushrooms are full of serotonin agonist drugs (psilocybin etc), and our guts are full of serotonin receptors. So when you chuck a bunch of undigestible chitin in your belly, along with a drug that stimulates your guts, combined with a pretty damn foul taste, you can experience nausea or other GI unpleasantness.

So in the end, it can be a good idea to chuck out the mushroom flesh and just extract the good bits in a tea, but when you look closely at it, the truth is more nuanced than a situation of toxicity.

Wow you just made me realize, eating dried mushrooms is very much like eating a beetle carcass.  I really couldn't put my finger on it before, but ugh, you did it.  Its like a flaky, dry, crispy, beetle shell, with a hint of shit.  Mmmmmmmm mmmmm!!

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

@everybody I'm sorry for my initial emotional reaction...I still feel 30 grams is dangerous/ ridiculous....I suggest anyone interested in this consult the research team at the John Hopkins institute (psilocybin department) and ask questions such as: maximum dose ever used for therapy, and the results...plus their opinion of 30 grams for enlightenment, etc...of course medical professionals will likely use caution, that said, this is an institution that truly sees the benefits for personal growth and has incredible expertise with harm reduction as well....

@Heart of Space I honestly haven't looked into the science, I don't know for certain if it's a permanent high, or a brain fry...that said, from my personal experience - witnessing this phenomenon in a number of people, they seem to be just as intelligent (possibly with increased analytical capacity and imagination) and really do seem to be experiencing the "high" permanently....I also knew a woman that did her Masters Degree studying the effects of LSD on physiology/ neurology, and regardless of the dose, the brain was never harmed, only changed/ chromosomes re-arranged in new ways, for good. In cases of perma-high, it seems like a switch is flipped...and the person simply never returns to "our version of reality"...unfortunately, this is usually too frightening for the individual, or their unique experiences make them unable to maintain "life necessities" (such as caring for themselves, transportation, etc....)

22 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Heart of Space I honestly haven't looked into the science, I don't know for certain if it's a permanent high, or a brain fry...that said, from my personal experience - witnessing this phenomenon in a number of people, they seem to be just as intelligent (possibly with increased analytical capacity and imagination) and really do seem to be experiencing the "high" permanently....I also knew a woman that did her Masters Degree studying the effects of LSD on physiology/ neurology, and regardless of the dose, the brain was never harmed, only changed/ chromosomes re-arranged in new ways, for good. In cases of perma-high, it seems like a switch is flipped...and the person simply never returns to "our version of reality"...unfortunately, this is usually too frightening for the individual, or their unique experiences make them unable to maintain "life necessities" (such as caring for themselves, transportation, etc....)

I was referring to the individuals that were in mental institutions for life. They're likely fried.  I'm not sure I even believe that a perma-high is even possible considering the drug is metabolized and the high amounts of serotonin and brain activity required to create the high is not sustainable for long periods of time.  It doesn't make any logical sense.  

I don't believe LSD has any effect on your DNA, that sounds like pseudoscience to me.  It doesn't have any obvious negative effects on the brain, but I assure you that it can.  It is a commonly repeated lie that you cannot cause brain damage with psychedelics.  There are plenty of cases where this does happen, it just isn't obvious to us with our current limited ways of looking at the human brain with instruments.  It's not as clearly apparent as, say, the damage caused by a stroke.  I assure you, this potential danger should be taken very seriously.  It's like if you were to go rock climbing and not consider what gravity can do to you.  

Edited by Heart of Space

@Heart of Space I am enjoying considering your perspective...even if that's kinda disturbing...like a morbid fascination or something...anyway...if what you say is true...is the opposite true in the initial phases of use?....if so, at which point is an individuals intelligence increasing as a result of the mind opening experiences, and at which point does that turn to harm?...is it dose dependant, age dependant, long-term use dependant etc???... I still can't say I believe you, or agree with definitive harm from normal doses... for example, I first met one of the original merry-pranksters when I was only 12 years old (you can imagine the extent of his psychedelic experience), and, I can tell you that he is still so much sharper... and so much more vibrant than most others his age...with the added benefits of: mind-blowing creativity, beautiful child-like wonder to adore each moment, an astounding capacity for freedom and fun, true compassion and generosity, etc.... I may be to young to have known him "before" but damaged would never be a word I'd use to describe him...if anything, I'd pick "enhanced"....that said,  I totally agree with you that there are dangers, serious ones too.....and I believe even a merry-prankster would caution that 30 grams is far too much!!!

11 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Heart of Space I am enjoying considering your perspective...even if that's kinda disturbing...like a morbid fascination or something...anyway...if what you say is true...is the opposite true in the initial phases of use?....if so, at which point is an individuals intelligence increasing as a result of the mind opening experiences, and at which point does that turn to harm?...is it dose dependant, age dependant, long-term use dependant etc???... I still can't say I believe you, or agree with definitive harm from normal doses... for example, I first met one of the original merry-pranksters when I was only 12 years old (you can imagine the extent of his psychedelic experience), and, I can tell you that he is still so much sharper... and so much more vibrant than most others his age...with the added benefits of: mind-blowing creativity, beautiful child-like wonder to adore each moment, an astounding capacity for freedom and fun, true compassion and generosity, etc.... I may be to young to have known him "before" but damaged would never be a word I'd use to describe him...if anything, I'd pick "enhanced"....that said,  I totally agree with you that there are dangers, serious ones too.....and I believe even a merry-prankster would caution that 30 grams is far too much!!!

I'm not trying to sound disturbing or scare people.  I'm trying to be honest.

Yes, I think initial usage if done responsibly and correctly can have a positive effect on creativity, intelligence, and so on.  There are very good reasons to use these substances, don't take me for someone who only thinks bad things about these substances.  I just care about people's safety and there's a lot of unsafe information out there that ends up harming a lot of people.  I don't think people are often harmed from normal doses either, it's when people regularly use psychedelics, or they take large doses, that's what fucks most people up.  

With all that said I believe psychedelics should be used very sparingly.  I'm talking like once or twice a year sparingly.  And no heroic or mega dosing either.  

And I've been told by people that making people afraid of bad experiences gives them bad trips.  This is also false as you can be deathly afraid of a bad experience up to the moment you feel the drug hit you and then have an amazing experience.  I'm just trying to give people a well rounded view, that's all.  

Edited by Heart of Space

Whenever the moment feels absolutely perfect, journey on my friends, its a higher calling :)

Just make sure you are wholly aware that its not the mind playing tricks on you.

When its a soul calling(If you will) you will know.

B R E A T H E