Eren Eeager

How the US Debt works?

20 posts in this topic

Can someone explain the national debt for us? 

Being in debt for more than two trillion dollars is mind-blowing. The biggest country in the world should not be in debt. 

What prevents the US from collapsing? Would the US ever pay its debt or would just stay like this?


I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

States and companies don't have to pay debt. We, humans, do, because we're going to die eventually. By all accounts, as long as they're managed well, states and companies don't need to pay off their debt because they're never going to die.

The process they use is "rolling" debt. Meaning you borrow money today to repay the debt you previously had. This means debt's never an expense, only interest is.

Problems only start arising when people don't want to lend money to states and companies anymore. Pretty sure anybody will always be happy to lend money to the biggest country on earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be framing things up that there is (currently) and ‘other than debt’, so the debt seems insane. As in foreign debt in comparison to an idea of accumulation nationally. But there is only debt. All money possessed by all Americans is lent from families with interest to the government. The Federal Reserve is not a public or government owned facility, it’s privately owned. 

@Tancrede Pouyat

Very true. Same with mortgages. Ultimately, there isn’t really any lending going on. If you print money and give me a dollar which costs me a dollar twenty, with no second option for me, it’s not lending, it’s slavery. No need to imagine the cover story of freedom that would be needed to pull of such a system.

On the companies never die and people do lens… maybe that facet isn’t as true as it seems. I would think a revelation there stands to change how one thinks about money, and reality, greatly. Think in terms generational wealth. Debts (and the income from) are willed. And there aren’t really generations, and financially, there is no difference between a person as an entity, and a company as an entity. Used to be a legal difference, but isn’t anymore. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no shortage of capitals who want to lend the USA. In fact, things are very competitive in this regard. Because the $ is the main currency (stable and reliable).


Have faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

There is no shortage of capitals who want to lend the USA. In fact, things are very competitive in this regard. Because the $ is the main currency (stable and reliable).

So they make profit lending US?


I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the money is made is more interesting imo than the debt facade. ‘Made’ as in accumulated, not as in created. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eren Eeager  @Nahm  Watched the video?

The title can be misinterpret, the youtube video isn't about "manufacturing-created" money.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

How the money is made is more interesting imo than the debt facade. ‘Made’ as in accumulated, not as in created. 

Or what is for you ? ‘Made’ as in accumulated, not as in created. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nahm said:

How the money is made is more interesting imo than the debt facade. ‘Made’ as in accumulated, not as in created. 

You're right. We're not experts in economics and we don't run capitals or countries, so the debt discussion is probably a distraction in comparison to how money works, and the latter would probably benefit us more.


Have faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

Can someone explain the national debt for us? 

Being in debt for more than two trillion dollars is mind-blowing. The biggest country in the world should not be in debt. 

What prevents the US from collapsing? Would the US ever pay its debt or would just stay like this?

No we will never pay down the US national debt. Not under the current monetary system.

The reason being is that banks actually lend money into existence. It doesn’t come from anywhere. Where would it come from?

And so there is always more debt than money in the system.

That’s the short version at least. I would do research on how money is created if you want to understand this.


Follow me on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/akourakin/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DIDego said:

@Eren Eeager  @Nahm  Watched the video?

The title can be misinterpret, the youtube video isn't about "manufacturing-created" money.

Or what is for you ? ‘Made’ as in accumulated, not as in created. 

Right, I’m with ya. Let’s say, collected in a manor which people are unaware they are getting bamboozled by. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, aurum said:

The reason being is that banks actually lend money into existence. It doesn’t come from anywhere. Where would it come from?

As far as I know it's the govt who create money via their central banks buying bonds from the banks in the money markets, eg if there's a recession to stimulate the economy. The banks can then lend it to us and businesses (i think this is also called quantitative easing). They can also reduce the money supply if things are getting overheated, by doing the reverse and selling bonds. 

https://www.dummies.com/personal-finance/investing/where-does-money-come-from/

Contrary to usual opinion, businesses don't make money, they make profit (money comes from their customers). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silene said:

As far as I know it's the govt who create money via their central banks buying bonds from the banks in the money markets, eg if there's a recession to stimulate the economy. The banks can then lend it to us and businesses (i think this is also called quantitative easing). They can also reduce the money supply if things are getting overheated, by doing the reverse and selling bonds. 

https://www.dummies.com/personal-finance/investing/where-does-money-come-from/

Contrary to usual opinion, businesses don't make money, they make profit (money comes from their customers). 

Yes that’s all basically correct.

It’s because of this system that we will never pay down the US debt. That’s my point.

The monetary system needs to reformed to eliminate money created as interest-bearing debt.


Follow me on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/akourakin/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the debt is denominated in one's own currency (US debt is) then the country cannot go bankrupt, because the country can simply print more money to pay off its debts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stovo and if that causes higher inflation, it reduces the relative size of the debt too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2021 at 0:35 PM, Eren Eeager said:

Can someone explain the national debt for us? 

Being in debt for more than two trillion dollars is mind-blowing. The biggest country in the world should not be in debt. 

What prevents the US from collapsing? Would the US ever pay its debt or would just stay like this?

Green stage dogmas aside, watch Zeitgeist addendum, it explains pretty well how money and banks work.

 


God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now