SQAAD

Why Does God Punish Us If we are Selfish

36 posts in this topic

Leo said in his last video that life is a simulator. And the point of the simulator is to show us that if we are selfish then we are gonna suffer for it. This seems like a design from God to turn us into more loving and conscious creatures.

My question is that if God is unbiased then why does he punish selfishness? What i mean by punish is that we get terrible consequences by being selfish.. Also isn't a will towards Love a bias? I am not sure.

Edited by SQAAD

No one is punished. In the story it’s just a natural apparent evolution and learning process. And there’s no God separate from you so could say it’s God teaching itself. But of course there is no real teaching going on, there’s just liberation apparently happening without cause and for nobody, timelessly.

Edited by The0Self

It's not punishment, it's a reminder that you are not loving unconditionally.

You might as well ask, why does God punish me if I hit myself in the head with a hammer?

Your stupidity is its own punishment. God does not add any extra punishment on top.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD I had the exact same thoughts in the last week and got into the conclusion that Love is inherent in reality and when you’re not aligned with it shows you by suffering the way.

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

My question is that if God is unbiased then why does he punish selfishness?

How do you know God is a he?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Selfishness is the "punishment". When you are selfish, you are not being truthful. Therefore existing "outside" of truth which then creates suffering. Suffering is a reminder that you are being stupid. The suffering is proportional to your degree of selfishness. But most people take on a victim role when they suffer, not understanding the suffering. They externalize the reason for their self created suffering which turns them even more into a victim. It is a vicious circle. They want to be selfish and get away with it, which of course is a fools approach to life. There are no devils in heaven. Heaven is a devil-free zone, reserved for angels only

When you are extremely selfish, you are indirectly saying >no< to yourself as God. And God won't give it's full Love to you, when you say no to it. You will only get 0,01%

Edited by Jakuchu

but if reality is infinite, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of existence in which selfishness is rewarded.  And being infinite isn't there infinite place in reality for law of attraction to not exist in.  Shouldn't there be infinite number of places where everything we work so hard for automatically is and the lessons we have learned aren't needed.  If reality is infinite aren't all of these things  just slightly more universal than our own local customs.

Edited by Mulky

26 minutes ago, Mulky said:

but if reality is infinite, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of existence in which selfishness is rewarded.  

Reality being infinte means it is one

The reward is Selflessness/Heaven. But selfishness is the opposite. How can you be "rewarded" with Selflessness when you are busy being selfish? Like I said in my comment above, there are no devils in heaven

Also when we are talking about "being selfless", we don't necessarily mean "acting selfless" in the world. You can act selfless in the world and not be selfless. When you sit down to meditate, that is >not< you being selfish. We have to distinguish these two. When I say selfless, I don't care much about how you behave in the world. Acting selfless in the world is a result of being selfless. Not the other way around. Just wanted to make that clear 

Edited by Jakuchu

Reality being one, it is one infinite movement, there is no will but 1 universal will, as I see it, but even that is just a happening.  Any experiencing of suffering taken place will not be the fault of anyone.  The one being selfish had no control over whether they were selfish or not.  So this conscious experience of suffering was in no way created by the experiencer of the suffering.  The imaginary individual who suffers is a real experience happening, but it just happened, through no fault of anyone.  My question is, why does this suffering need to happen at all, I am so baffled by this.

@Persipnei

7 hours ago, Persipnei said:

It's not punishment, it's a reminder that you are not loving unconditionally.

Why is God biased towards unconditional Love?      

@Nahm

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

How do you know God is a he?

It's just my way of anthropomorphizing God.

What is self? 

God doesn't need to turn you into a more loving creature, you are love. You came from love, never left love. Is there a self in love? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You might as well ask, why does God punish me if I hit myself in the head with a hammer?

Your stupidity is its own punishment. God does not add any extra punishment on top.

God punishes us with such stupidity & ignorance all around us in the world.... The way i see it God wants to go through every obstacle. He is a masochist. ''Maybe we could skip Hitler and Stalin but... no let's teach these petty humans a lesson they will never forget''.

Edited by SQAAD

@mandyjw

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What is self? 

God doesn't need to turn you into a more loving creature, you are love. You came from love, never left love. Is there a self in love? 

I believe the whole design of God is to turn us into more loving creatures. That's where everything is heading and is evident with Spiral Dynamics. As God we are complete, but not as finite entities.

Edited by SQAAD

Just now, SQAAD said:

@mandyjw

I believe the whole design of God is to turn us into more loving creatures. That's where everything is heading. As God we are complete, but not as finite entities.

How fucking brilliant, right? It just keeps getting better, and better and better and better, cause it's already so perfect it couldn't POSSIBLY be improved on. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, mandyjw said:

How fucking brilliant, right? It just keeps getting better, and better and better and better, cause it's already so perfect it couldn't POSSIBLY be improved on. 

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Well it can I want more money to buy penthouse. 

Now give me my final 3 points. 

@Mulky

1 hour ago, Mulky said:

My question is, why does this suffering need to happen at all, I am so baffled by this.

Apparently God loves drama lol.