sleep

Salvia divinorum's potential for spiritual work?

24 posts in this topic

All of the psychedelics I see talked about online for spiritual growth stuff are illegal where I live, except for salvia. Does it have good potential for spiritual work, or is it just one of those psychedelics that are gonna fuck me up with nothing really in return? 

Edited by sleep

Salvia both has high potential for spiritual growth, and to inflict great suffering also. So to answer your question, it probably would be beneficial if you smoked a breakthrough dose but it might fuck you up at the same time. I suggest you read the Psychonaut wiki page on Salvia, and especially that you read the trip reports on there before you even consider doing it.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Salvinorin_A

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Salvia is dangerous. It is not enjoyable either. It will take you into madness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's gonna probably fk you up with nothing in return lol. I also have access to salvia but i am really scared of it....

Even though, the idea of consuming a substance, getting my entire world obliterated sounds cool and exciting... But i know that i'll regret it afterwards. One such bad trip can fk you up for life. If you try it, always start with a very low dose. Salvia is very unique on how it affects you. Very weird vibes. It's super powerful also. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Leo Gura How about datura? I see a huge potential for spiritual visions in this substance.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager

1 minute ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura How about datura? I see a huge potential for spiritual visions in this substance.

Lol. I see a huge potential for taking antipsychotic medications for the rest of your life with this substance.

If you want to literally become a book and experiencing people reading you for eternity... or something like that. To me it be such a mindfuck that it wouldnt be worth it. Stick with the classics.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Eren Eeager

Lol. I see a huge potential for taking antipsychotic medications for the rest of your life with this substance.

Yeah it is a dangerous substance but I don't know, I liked the insane aspect in it. You can literally hallucinate non existant people and things in your trip. so Maybe you can hallucinate the Buddha or Jesus and have some time with them or maybe you will hallucinate the devil and he will rape you in the ass :D

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

13 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

If you take it, expect death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If you take it, expect death.

Expect dementia and schizophrenia turned up to 11. I dont see how anyone would ever enjoy a substance like that. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I've advise against Datura for multiple reasons. First, the potency has such a large range of variability from batch to batch that accidental overdose is rather probable. Second, due to the anticholinergic properties of the substance and other deliriant type properties, it will mindfuck you into oblivion so hard you can't even fathom it. Of course, Salvia is similar in that regard, it's just that they're ridiculously powerful substances. So, to sum up don't do Datura. Even if you physically survive, which would be more likely if you did it under the guidance of Shaman who is experienced with it. It'll alter you so much that you're very likely to fall into a psychosis which could easily be permanent.

I enjoyed it, it makes you genuinely fucking insane. Most people have a terrifying time with it... I find it interesting when you perceive in 2D, your brain literally can't comprehend what it's seeing, and as a result of that it simply can't do anything but laugh psychotically and uncontrollably. Feels like vomiting laughter.

You will experience true madness.

Datura is like schizophrenia and dementia. Salvia is like you become someone from Arkham insane asylum.

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

"I enjoyed it,"

You're referring to Salvia? It's rare to ever hear someone speak of it like that

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Datura is like schizophrenia and dementia. Salvia is like you become someone from Arkham insane asylum.

And yet somehow there are people crazy/stupid enough to use them recreationally.

5 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

mc kennas story of datura was so interesting imo

but i can't find it now

Edited by PurpleTree

35 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

mc kennas story of datura was so interesting imo

but i can't find it now

I believe this is what you're looking for.

3 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

You're referring to Salvia? It's rare to ever hear someone speak of it like that

And yet somehow there are people crazy/stupid enough to use them recreationally.

Yes to Salvia, the experiences I had with it, I enjoyed. In the sense that they thrilled and intrigued me. I was quite into surreal things at the time like Eraserhead, deliriant trip reports, dreams...

My body was being dissected but I was too crazy to care. The only thing that concerned me was that the uncontrollable laughter meant I couldn't really breathe.

I'm not sure I'd do it again now. I was like 19 at the time. At 28 I'm not really at the same place in life.

12 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Yes to Salvia, the experiences I had with it, I enjoyed. In the sense that they thrilled and intrigued me. I was quite into surreal things at the time like Eraserhead, deliriant trip reports, dreams...

My body was being dissected but I was too crazy to care. The only thing that concerned me was that the uncontrollable laughter meant I couldn't really breathe.

I'm not sure I'd do it again now. I was like 19 at the time. At 28 I'm not really at the same place in life.

Intriguing, though just from reading that I feel even more certain that Salvia can't seriously be considered to have recreational potential. Well, unless you consider going batshit crazy a good time.

Salvia should only be used for serious purposes. Such as determining the cause of an illness/finding the cure. Or solving a problem that seems humanly impossible to solve. And even then, there are less dangerous alternatives which are also effective.

So Salvia is much more lighter than Datura, but still Salvia is pretty intense. I personally never tried Salvia but I know few people who do it often. I am not sure there is any growth with it, and keep in mind not all psychedelics do have spiritual growth, some of them are just for recreational purposes. Datura on the other hand is very dangerous, it can lead to a very long psychosis and as Leo stated earlier even death. That is not something to mess with. Indeed poeple who try Datura, it is definitely their first and last time, see below link to trip reports in audio

Salvia and Datura are both extremely powerful entheogens that shouldn't be messed with unless you are a shaman and know exactly what you're messing with. You need to be able to talk to plants (in a literal sense) to qualify. The vast majority of people should stay away from these. Take LSD or whatever. It's safer.

Salvia is the strongest substance I've ever tried by far, and it swiftly ended my psychedelic career by showing me that 1) I don't know shit, 2) nobody knows shit and 3) no amount of consuming psychedelics will change those facts. The experience was so reality shattering that I didn't have a need to take another psychedelic since then (except for a tiny dose of LSD I did recently) - and this was more than a decade ago. The experience made a breakthrough 10g mushroom trip seem like a cup of coffee in comparison. It is beyond this world and will show you things that you shouldn't know exist. Literally. You can get stuck in a time trip where your subjective experience will feel like weeks, months, or even years, even though as far as your "physical" body is concerned, mere minutes have passed. I'm not even remotely joking when I say this is not a substance you want to fuck around with, especially if you haven't been properly trained in shamanic techniques. Many still choose to use it for fun, but in my opinion they are extremely unwise (like I was) and don't know what they're messing with. Salvia won't kill you, but she will show you things you're not ready for and it will be so intense you'll never want to do a psychedelic again.

As for Datura, stay the fuck away from it. Queen Toloache is famous for her hostility towards trespassers and lack of care for what happens to you. On most psychedelics the substance seems to borrow you mystical power that seems to make circumstances work in your favor. You get no such comfort on Datura, you're completely on your own, and usually royally fucked. You do not want to enter her sacred grounds uninvited. She will not hesitate to send you straight to the depths of hell or fuck your life permanently. The folk wisdom says that if you do not receive her invitation directly, stay away. She only shares her wisdom with those who she personally invites.

5 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Intriguing, though just from reading that I feel even more certain that Salvia can't seriously be considered to have recreational potential. Well, unless you consider going batshit crazy a good time.

Salvia should only be used for serious purposes. Such as determining the cause of an illness/finding the cure. Or solving a problem that seems humanly impossible to solve. And even then, there are less dangerous alternatives which are also effective.

I don't think it can be used for any serious endeavour. You would have to chew the leaves instead. Smoking extract you're in the loony bin for a little while and your mind literally cannot comprehend what is even happening. Let alone grasp any meaning.

Over time I have found the same with DMT. It just does weird shit, with SOME chance of a mystical experience. There's nothing "insightful" about your pal becoming a tiny chef made of diamonds warping around the room and w.e. the fuck other weird shit happens when a trip really gets going. Or the alien disco shit.

Mystical experiences with n,n-DMT are possible but I'd say 5% or less chance. The odds heighten if you stack with LSD.

I also have found microdosing DMT in conjunction with meditation to be much more reliable. Like chewing Salvia leaves vs smoking extract. Freebase n,n-DMT is like madness if you really hit it proper. But meditation and then smoking a small amount with earphones and flute music or w.e., I had some profound insight that way.