ChimpBrain

Theory of Everyone discussion on Leo + Curt interview

24 posts in this topic

I thought some of you might enjoy this commentary on the TOE Leo and Curt interview. I did. 

Did you do the interview?

If so, you mention that you have never heard of Leo before but looking at you being here, that's clearly not the case?

4 hours ago, Vido said:

Did you do the interview?

If so, you mention that you have never heard of Leo before but looking at you being here, that's clearly not the case?

No, it's not me in the video. Didn't mean to imply that. 

4 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

No, it's not me in the video. Didn't mean to imply that. 

My bad

I have not achieved "total enlightenment." Be careful with such assumptions. Whatever that means anyway.

All I'm saying is that I've experienced infinite consciousness, and you can too. Which is true.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You’ve been doing spiritual work for 7 years. The real question is, why aren’t you enlightened yet?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura You’ve been doing spiritual work for 7 years. The real question is, why aren’t you enlightened yet?

I don't take the notion "someone is enlightened" seriously.

This is a silly way to reduce infinite consciousness.

People who say such things have no clue how diverse and deep consciousness goes.

Also, keep in mind, I run a business here. I'm not a full time monk. People who typically pursue enlightenment are not simultaneously leading thousands of people in personal development. I have a life purpose I'm pursuing which takes up most of my time and has nothing to do with enlightenment. I also deal with serious health conditions while doing all the above.

7 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Like if enlightenment should happen in just 7 years..

There's some nondual teachings which say that it takes many lifetimes of spiritual work before you can get enlightened. I don't know whether that's true or not but still..

@Blackhawk I became enlightened after 2 years of self inquiry. So yeah, I’m curious why Leo couldn’t do it in 7 years.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

@Blackhawk I became enlightened after 2 years of self inquiry. So yeah, I’m curious why Leo couldn’t do it in 7 years.

Good for you (if you are enlightened). But there are many many other people who can't get enlightened in 2 years. And some people can never get enlightened, like me, because I suck so hard.

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

And it took Rupert Spira 20 years.

Who knows if enlightened state can be really "maintained" in western society/advanced high demanding survival. 

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And it took Rupert Spira 20 years.

Just like Adyashanti.

22 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Blackhawk I became enlightened after 2 years of self inquiry. 

See here is the problem, maybe you are, but would you say it like that then? Would you so naively ask why Leo is not enlightened after 7 years? I doubt you understand the full picture. No-self realization? Sure. Anything else though? Why are you still here then? Just being healthily skeptical. Maybe you're legit, I don't know. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

Posting part two too since it appears he’s refining some of the points he made in part 1

Be careful boiling down all this work to a single achievement or bucket.

We are doing much more here than hitting some bucket. There are many aspects of God to realize and integrate. There are many states to explore. There is tons of personal development work to be done. There is tons of material to learn and understand. There are many aspects of one's life to develop and build out. And there is no particular order in which these things ought to be done. And not all roads lead to the same destination.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have not achieved "total enlightenment." Be careful with such assumptions. Whatever that means anyway.

All I'm saying is that I've experienced infinite consciousness, and you can too. Which is true.

Again just to be clear, this is not me in the video. 

I did notice he misrepresented your claims on that particular issue but I still felt like he had some valuable input. Although half of your discussion with curt was over my head and half of this guy's commentary on y'alls discussion is over my head, so I'm not the best judge, which I why I posted it here, for the people who do understand. Curt posted this in the stories/comments (or whatever their called) of his channel is how I found it. 

30 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

I wonder if he would be enlightened by now if he was a complete nobody. Being such a public figure probably doesn't help with completely dropping the sense of self.

Hey Leo, I don't know if you watched the whole video or not but my take was that the guy was really just trying to offer constructive criticism on your communication method. Specifically, the order in which you talk about talk about things. I'm in no way saying he's right, I simply don't feel advanced enough to have the right to an opinion. But I thought while watching that just like with you and Curt, a conversation between you and this guy Tyler would be an enjoyable experience for me and the average actualized.org viewer. 

23 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

Hey Leo, I don't know if you watched the whole video or not

Not gonna watch the whole thing, just skimmed a few parts.

Specifically, the order in which you talk about talk about things.

I don't get to control the order in which I talk about things in an interview. That's all on Curt.

If I had it my way, I would talk about things in a very different order because it's too radical for newbie to accept. But if I was stubborn about order in an interview I would be accused of dodging all the questions.

Curt's order of questioning is all over the place, so newbies should expect to get totally confused. Curt is not asking questions on behalf of the audience, he's asking questions for his own personal understanding, so it doesn't really serve the audience. He calls it "office hours". Office hours ain't gonna teach no newbie about the ultimate nature of reality. Imagine trying to learn calculus via "office hours". That's a joke. It cannot work.