Gregory1

Trolling and harassment on this forum

49 posts in this topic

Just a joke. 

If @Gregory1 was a girl, I'm sure @lxlichael would have fallen in love with her (him) instantly.. Lmao (but true). I'm telling you @lxlichael wouldn't have been able to resist it. xD both have something charismatic between them..xD:P

@lxlichael, @Gregory1 is your long lost soulmate. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Esilda the joke was meant for them to chill and come together and bury hatchet. 

Apologies if it was inappropriate. 

@Gregory1 @Preety_India @Esilda

Trolling can be a serious issue.

I had a full on suicidal episode just last week.

And getting hateful messages through multiple spam accounts would have made this so much more difficult.

The wrong word, from the wrong person, at the wrong time, can literally end lives.

The right word, from the right person, at the right time, can literally save lives.

This sounds like an exaggeration, but it is very true.

Acts of Compassion and Empathy go a very long may, no matter how small.

Never underestimate how much impact you can have on someone with your words and actions.

Words can Kill, but Words can Uplift as well.

I have a lot of thick skin.

I am very sensitive at the same time, but there is nothing anybody could say or do to trigger me.

I refuse to respond to any trolls nowadays. I just block and report them.

They are pathetic losers without love in their life, what could be more miserable?

Edited by Marcel

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

@Marcel I agree. I'm sorry you had to go through this experience. 

you are the same guy that was trying to get some members banned by mentioning and provoking every moderator under the sun! 

stop showing yourself as a self-righteous guy of the spiritual world! 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Some people are just sensitive. Understand this. Growing a thick skin is not easy 

Telling people to grow a thick skin is akin to saying get an alarm for your home but we aren't going to do anything about the thieves who rob your house, we are just going to blame it on your house alarm that didn't go off. 

There's something called collective social responsibility where we weed out sociopathic behavior and protect those who are vulnerable. 

Something similar happens when the subject of rape is discussed, especially in my culture. A victim shaming culture. It's always the victim 's fault. It's always about the victim could have done meanwhile the perpetrator goes Scott free. 

Right now in this very moment, somebody is jumping off a bridge because they could not bear the harassment and abuse they were subjected to online and offline. What's our job as a society? To simply watch this happen and say that the person wasn't strong enough to stand the bullies 

No matter how strong you try to be in life, there will be points in your life where you will be bogged down by your personal life problems, financial stress, divorce, lack of direction, health issues, lots of things, and in those situations you would want encouragement and upliftment. In those vulnerable times, you would need social encouragement and not bullying and harassing and judgement. You wouldn't want to be driven to the edge of the cliff. 

Even a simple hug and a few words of encouragement can brighten a person and give them the support they need to get up and keep going. 

We are not just individuals. We are also a society. We have to focus on what we can do to help a person who is suffering rather than judging them for not being strong enough. 

Where's our empathy as a collective society? Should we shirk our responsibility by simply ignoring the problem or deflecting blame on the victim, instead of taking a proactive role in getting something done about it. 

Our responsibility lies in keeping things as supportive as possible and this means counteracting all forms of bullying both online and offline and teaching bullies a lesson that there is someone who is going to hold them accountable and by instilling a detriment and setting a precedent that we do care about the vulnerable amongst us and that we are keeping a watch on those who intend to harm or are causing harm to others, that they can't get away with it 

IMG_20210831_110409.jpg

@Opo

Pro tip - don't be cheap and dismissive. 

4 hours ago, hamedsf said:

you are the same guy that was trying to get some members banned by mentioning and provoking every moderator under the sun! 

stop showing yourself as a self-righteous guy of the spiritual world! 

8 hours ago, Esilda said:

@hamedsf This is essentially the behavior I'm criticising. 

Did your post add any value? 

Was it topic based or person based? 

If you disagree with certain statements I made - sure, disagree. But this post you just made simply doesn't help anybody. 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

IMG_20210831_110409.jpg

@Opo this post perfectly shows what trolling is all about. No content. No value. But a picture that is essentially saying "you are silly" to the person that it is directed towards. I ask you to delete that shit and deliver arguments. 

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

26 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@hamedsf

@Opo this post perfectly shows what trolling is all about. No content. No value. But a picture that is essentially saying "you are silly" to the person that it is directed towards.

Maybe when someone thinks that you are silly you should ask yourself why do they think that?

26 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

I ask you to delete that shit and deliver arguments. 

I guess you are new here and sorry Preety for this but arguments have been presented in the past and they just go over her head. 

So trying to have a dialectic discussion with someone who clearly isn't capable of one evidenced by even this thread would be a waste of time and energy. 

49 minutes ago, Opo said:

I guess you are new here and sorry Preety for this but arguments have been presented in the past and they just go over her head. 

People who don't know how to get their point across usually resort to putting down other's intelligence. They resort to using condescending behavior to appear smart. 

There is not much to say or to do about trolls. Trolls are trolls. They seek attention and conflict.  You simply ignore them and report their posts and move on.  But a good question is why do they troll specific people. Some people just attract them because their behavior might be worth trolling. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here nobody deserves to be trolled just like nobody deserves to be bullied. 

Change your pathetic mindset. 

@Preety_India Why are you so angsty? Relax a little bit and stop taking this fucking forum too seriously. 

Did I say something offensive to you? 

I didn't say people deserve to be trolled. I said some people are troll magnets. And there is not much to do about it.. Like bitching and moaning all day about it. Just report them and leave them to the mods. That's all you can do about them anyways. 

-Osho

@Someone here then your word is very wrong. 

Using words like "worth trolling" is completely opposite of what you have written now. 

@Someone here

then your wording is very wrong. 

Using words like "worth trolling" is completely opposite of what you have written now. 

@Preety_India it's worth trolling according to the troll. So if you suspect that your posts might attract trolls.. Better not to post them. That is if you care about not being trolled too often. 

-Osho

@Cykaaaa

Trolls look for vulnerability or strength to target.

Either to kick somebody that is already down or to pull somebody down that they perceive to be above them.

Either way its pathetic and immature.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming