Someone here

What's alternative to prayer?

96 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

How do you feel when you do this btw? 

when you let go of all non-duality, ideas, concepts, and just with an empty, silence mind trying to connect  to a higher power, God and feel it in your heart?

it's really really beautiful and loving for me, even though I realized I'm God I really really enjoy and want this type of connection too beside all mediations and spiritual practices etc.

It feels great. I remember I used to cry for God when sometimes I lost my toys a little child.  And it's such a relief to pray. But now I'm I'm clouded and confused about how I'm supposed to pray if God is fucking me lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

As far as I know, @BipolarGrowth practices prayer, he once told me something interesting about praying to Jesus.

Maybe he can jump into the conversation?

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It feels great. I remember I used to cry for God when sometimes I lost my toys a little child.  And it's such a relief to pray. But now I'm I'm clouded and confused about how I'm supposed to pray if God is fucking me lol 

See, reaching God consciousness state and abiding in that state is different than just thinking that you are God, when you are mildly conscious or not conscious at all that you are God then telling  yourself that you are God is just an idea or thought just like all the other thoughts, and here meditation comes in handy to first empty your mind of all these disturbing ideas and thoughts and then try to connect to the source :) it works for me. and it's really great!

Edited by m0hsen

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

But if I am God.. I can't pray to myself. 

God is You, but you are not God.  You have separated yourself from yourself so that you have the option to pray to yourself!!! Right now you are in a limited state of consciousness as an ego...what you truly are is Infinite..it has no form or self.  It is Infinity.  So by all means you in a limited or finite state can then hold communications with yourself...or appeal to yourself as a higher power..or get faith from yourself.  That is the whole point of the apparent separation!  Haha..You can do this just as easily as you are communicating with me right now - as I am a projection of your mind appearing separate :)   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

You gonna do what you gonna do, but for the point of clear communication, what’s being suggested is the opposite. 

Yes. I understand that. 

You want me to meditate, not think. So that I can realize there are no problems for God to solve. Right? 

I don't quite agree with that. First there are problems im my life. And there is difference between prayer and meditation. 

But hey maybe you are right. Maybe I need to meditate deeper like you (I know you do it 1 hour daily) 

I'm not a good mediator tbh. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You want me to meditate, not think. So that I can realize there are no problems for God to solve. Right? 

I don't quite agree with that. First there are problems im my life

@Someone here Problems are created by and exist only in the mind. No thinking, no problems.

You say you don't agree with Nahm. Because you think there really are problems. If you think that meditation won't solve your problems, you need to meditate morexD 

Which is not to say that meditation will solve problems as such. But it will help you to see that actually all problems are made up. And then you can go on solving them anyway. 

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

As far as I know, @BipolarGrowth practices prayer, he once told me something interesting about praying to Jesus.

Maybe he can jump into the conversation?

Praying to God in a nondual way works the same as talking to someone. Yeah, the whole field of experience is one, but that doesn’t mean your ego is the same as your mom or that your ego is the same as God or whatever deity you like. You’re trying to connect to another aspect of experience with your ego. Pray to God or the deity of your choosing as a transcendent aspect of yourself that you’d like to bring closer to your normal relative life. Praying to a God you appreciate, respect, and love is important. It’s an individual choice. There is no best thing to pray to for everyone. If you really find the life of Jesus great, maybe try him. If you like Krishna more, do that. It’s easiest to connect to that which we already find inspirational. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. I understand that. 

Not so this can be realized, so the thought activity which is all it actually is, settles as this peace which is appearing as, that thought activity. 

I don't quite agree with that.

Agree, is a thought. Disagree, is a thought. Awareness, is not a thought. 

First there are problems im my life.

Those are thoughts. Someone else is saying there are solutions in my life. Someone else isn’t experiencing any thought activity at all. Someone else is well aware there is no my life, and no problems. 

And there is difference between prayer and meditation. 

That distinction, all distinctions, are just thoughts. 

But hey maybe you are right. Maybe I need to meditate deeper like you (I know you do it 1 hour daily) 

I’m not right, & I don’t meditate. When you believe you know things, you enslave yourself to the belief others know things which you don’t, but need to. 

I'm not a good mediator tbh. 

That’s a thought. Find the truth of that in perception & feeling. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Problems are created by and exist only in the mind. No thinking, no problems

Sorry not sure how this is true. 

If you burn yourself on the stove.. How is that pain a function of your thoughts? 

@Inliytened1 so how can I pray to God if I'm God ultimately? 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Praying to God in a nondual way works the same as talking to someone. Yeah, the whole field of experience is one, but that doesn’t mean your ego is the same as your mom or that your ego is the same as God or whatever deity you like. You’re trying to connect to another aspect of experience with your ego. Pray to God or the deity of your choosing as a transcendent aspect of yourself that you’d like to bring closer to your normal relative life. Praying to a God you appreciate, respect, and love is important. It’s an individual choice. There is no best thing to pray to for everyone. If you really find the life of Jesus great, maybe try him. If you like Krishna more, do that. It’s easiest to connect to that which we already find inspirational. 

But aren't you just kinda masturbating when you assume God is out there separate from you and can hear you? I mean God is not a person right? 

-Osho

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Someone else is well aware there is no my life, and no problems

In my experience there is life and there are some proplems. 

Seems like we live in two different planes of existence.

So there is no point in discussing any further. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

I want to be able to pray to God as a separate entity exists beyond my power without being clouded with the hints that God is me. 

For that, you can pray to Shiva, has a bigger entity than most God's of the world. He will listen to you, in fact he will guide you if you ask him. But know that is a conversation with yourself on another level of understanding. 

Singer

14™

If we remain in duality reality is perceived as humans can pray to Shiva or Christ or any other entitie. And is true, it works. 

Now from a nondual perspective, one discovers the fragments and they get together on a bigger picture. 

It is a personal decision to go this way or that way. Both are true. Only one is liberating in the long run. The other is liberating in the beginning, the duality. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

I never was hard-core religious. My family are Hindus and I used to pray to God when I was a little kid up until 20s when I discovered atheism and nonduality etc. 

If God is not separate from me.. Then to whom should I pray? 

Religious people pray to God under the assumption that God is separated from them. Believing in a higher power that can take care of you helps you avoid existential despair and it actually gives you sense of satisfaction. As some studies show that religious people tend to be more happy than atheists. 

But if I am God.. I can't pray to myself. 

Then how do I substitute prayer and get the relief associated with the practice? 

In this example I'd say its best to not believe yourself to be god as in the only highest thing with nothing higher, since on a lets call it relative scale, even though thats not exactly correct, there is help.  But you gotta really let go of the idea that your hot shit or something at the top of some food chain, there are loving forms of energy that will help if your humble and sincere.

I'm being very vague here but none the less useful.

@Someone here

Maybe talk out / through the problem, rather than about meditation or praying. Expression has a way of unraveling problems and allowing some space for solutions and different perspectives. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

But aren't you just kinda masturbating when you assume God is out there separate from you and can hear you? I mean God is not a person right? 

Talking to me on the forum like I’m a separate being who can respond to you is the exact same. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Mantras, bro. One of the most powerful techniques to shift states of consciousness.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Mantras, bro. One of the most powerful techniques to shift states of consciousness.

really? I always found them ridiculous, I don´t understand a word, and I am sure, we all spell them incorrect

1 minute ago, Hulia said:

really? I always found them ridiculous, I don´t understand a word, and I am sure, we all spell them incorrect

It's about belief, and repetition. The mantras have to be meaningful and you have to send them from your heart/lungs. If you just repeat empty words from your tongue, without deep breaths, then it's probably not gonna do much.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)