Ananta

Acute Stress Disorder

21 posts in this topic

I haven't ever heard of this diagnosis until today when I was diagnosed with it.

I guess people that have ptsd first had this diagnosis. I'm hoping my symptoms are temporary. 

I was in a bad 3 car accident this past Saturday that seemed deliberate and I've been haunted with flashbacks, anxiety and worse insomnia then normal. I couldn't sleep until 430am Monday.

The driver that caused the accident starts coming into my lane. I blow the horn, he moves over, then accelerated and slams into the back of the car in front of him, then he rams my car repeatedly, side swiping/denting the entire right side of my car and almost pushing my car off the freeway!

Not to mention the lady he rams from behind lost control of her vehicle, goes sideways and hits me to. I hope my car isn't totaled, but it was towed away and I left in an ambulance (I'm okay). ?‍♀️

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta I'm so glad you're ok that sounds terrible.

I've been in a couple wrecks and they definitely leave an imprint.

"You Create Magic" 

@Ananta  I'm just glad you're safe. 

Just don't think about it at all and distract yourself as much as possible. The Brain has the ability to forget traumatic stuff especially if you try to forget it as early as possible before it's deeply submerged in the memory zone. 

Please take care of yourself. Watch some movies, eat something you like, play happy songs and try to stay in a light mood throughout the day. This too shall pass. 

It will be over in your mind and left behind soon enough. 

Hugs and take care. :x

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Gen Sue Rodriguez I read the mantras they do seem relaxing, thanks

@Flowerfaeiry I also have been in other auto accidents, but its been awhile. This one has affected me differently, then the others. 

@Preety_India Thanks for the advice. I can't forget about the accident right now for 2 reasons. First, I keep having people ask me what happened (police, insurance, etc) even when I already gave a statement. I had to give my statement 3 times to the insurance and the guy who caused the accidents insurance will probably call me to question me also. Second, the thoughts and flashbacks just appear in my mind. They are not in my control. 

Anyways, thanks again.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta that sounds like a horrific experience im so glad you are safe...and I'm sure things will get better and easier over time for you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Thank you! ❤

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta that's a tough situation. I hope it gets over soon enough. 

All I can do from so far away is give you hugs and words of encouragement. 

I wish I could do more. You need so much peace and happiness and comfort. I pray all the good things come to you during this time. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Ananta That's awful, but glad to hear you're making it through this. Sounds similar to PTSD, have they offered you any treatment as well as the diagnosis? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 hours ago, snowyowl said:

@Ananta That's awful, but glad to hear you're making it through this. Sounds similar to PTSD

Thank you.

I looked the diagnosis up... If you still have severe symptoms after a month the diagnosis changes to ptsd. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

wow man. i hope you really take it easy, like really easy. take care of yourself fully...

i'm sure after the legal stuff has slowed down or went away, the thoughts will probably begin to lessen much more.

i'm also dealing with some ptsd after some mania behaviour.

flashbacks, waves of anxiety, rumination of changing, it's pretty intense. 

the best i can do is just dont resist any of it and just trust with time and not getting identified with all the shit in my head that it too will pass and

slowly dissipate.

don't expect anyday it will just go poof, you survived a fatal accident and your mind is making sure not go through that again, it sucks to be on the recieving end but it will pass <3

perhaps some learning about the techniques of somatic experiencing will help, just feeling always into the present, all the sights and sensations when you're getting a little dissociated from the present moment and being pulled back into the flashback of the accident, keep practicing and over time it will definitely add to the recovery off having to deal with flashbacks.

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

3 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

the best i can do is just dont resist any of it and just trust with time and not getting identified with all the shit in my head that it too will pass and

slowly dissipate.

This is what I'm doing also. I also have not been forcing myself to do my "normal" routine, because it just seemed like too much, but today I'm slowly getting some things done.

Thanks for the reply it's very helpful.?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Ananta

Absolutely terrible to hear this news!

Hugs, love & wishing you a speedy recovery!

?

Thank you?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. It's understandable that you got acute stress disorder from it.

I hope the guy gets convicted.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

@Ananta That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. It's understandable that you got acute stress disorder from it.

Thank you ?

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I hope the guy gets convicted.

The police report was still not signed off on, so I haven't read it yet, but when the police took my statement in the ambulance the cop told me after. Good thing you remember, because the other 2 say they have no idea what happened. Maybe she doesn't remember because she got slammed from behind, but I'm convinced he remembers, but didn't want to incriminate himself.

Since I left the scene in an ambulance, I don't know if he was made to do a breathalyzer or blood test for drugs, but he should have been! 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta  that`s some crazy encounter. that person seems to have lost it completely.

it`s so good you are not physically harmed.

probably you will have to work on a lot of stuff - especially try to sit in a car as soon as the first shock is over. start driving again as soon as possible!

so much follow up work, too.

car, police, maybe a bit of therapy. can you find someone who does some of the more difficult stuff for you or accompanies you with it? if you are under acute stress, it`s difficult to relax and handle problems at the same time. maybe try to make a priority list what is important to do next, take time off work if you haven`t already and try to sleep more than generally, if you can`t sleep for a long period of time, try to sleep some during the day, first of all your body and mind needs acute a lot of rest to coap with the stress hormone release. if it`s not getting better after sleeping you might need to talk to a physician again, do a follow up check! also maybe find someone to hug you - maybe call one of your fellow nurses, they probably understand, get support by the ones you support.

much love, hope you are better soon!

Edited by mememe

@mememe Thanks for the sweet message?

Yesterday was the first day in a week that I did much of anything, other then all the accident stuff. I did feel a bit better. 

I will do therapy if after a couple weeks I'm still having problems, but right now It would make it worse.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

5 hours ago, Ananta said:

I will do therapy if after a couple weeks I'm still having problems, but right now It would make it worse

yes, i can relate. hope you can find some rest inbetween the stress.

can relate because i get into really challenging situations lately and just don`t know how to make an appointment with a therapist first. because of covid it will be very difficult to get any, most don`t have free appointments. the encounters i have are not physically that challenging more psychologically tough to handle.

if there wasn`t psychological harm we would probably only talk about the weather all day. but all we talk about is in some sense psychology, so own stuff mixes with the stuff others process - therapists at least have supervision.

i`m really happy it was not more severe for you! hope you are well soon!

Edited by mememe

The insurance adjuster called and said my car would be a total loss with over $5,000 in damage ?. 

After some convincing, reiterating the accident wasn't my fault and that I would be willing to have them use aftermarket or used, but like new parts, if needed. He said he'd call his manager to discuss.

He called back and said they'd repair it instead. Woooohoooooo?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta That's super scary. I'd plan something extra fun as soon as you're feeling up to it. ❤

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost