Vynce

Who are/were the most conscious teachers?

43 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Vynce said:

@Moksha Thank you for your words. That means i'll stick to Leo for now. Lets see what teachers the universe will reveal to its self.

? You got it. Leo has resonated with many people, and my recommendation is to stay with him as long as you feel that resonance. Remain malleable, and go where spiritual growth takes you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

I could share with you which spiritual teachers have resonated the most as I have climbed the mountain, but it would only mislead you. The best teacher is the one that speaks to you now, based on where you are on the mountain trail. This has proven true for me. Teachers that seemed nonsensical at one point, suddenly became solar flares of Consciousness later, when I was ready.

There is no objective standard for the best teacher, beyond the current resonance of that teacher with your spiritual journey. Your ideal teacher is probably different than mine, and will likely change as you continue toward Self-realization.

Ask yourself whether, in this moment, the message of the teacher brings peace to your mind. If not, find another teacher.

Better than a speech of a thousand vain words is one thoughtful word which brings peace to the mind. Better than a poem of a thousand vain verses is one thoughtful line which brings peace to the mind. Better than a hundred poems of vain stanzas is one word of the dharma that brings peace to the mind.

- The Dhammapada 8:100-102

Peace to the mind is the present end of suffering. It is such a relief to realize that you are not your monkey mind, and never were. You only thought you were, until you saw the joke you played on yourself.

Once you have crossed to the other shore, you will see that every teacher is merely a mosaic window into ultimate reality, and it is less about the artistic intricacies of the window, and all about the view.

??

6 hours ago, Farnaby said:

@Nahm I've tried watching some of her stuff but I always get the same vibe and can't help thinking she's a con artist. 

You can't teach what someone isn't asking for, you can't teach what someone hasn't seen the value in knowing. "Ask and you shall receive." So a good teacher would naturally, instinctively, intuitively "sell" the knowledge they can provide. You are intuiting something that is indeed there, but possibly your beliefs around money and limited resources (materialist paradigm) is skewing it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This is opinion only and is far from exhaustive

Contemporary:

Bentinho Massaro

Adyashanti

Daniel Ingram

Shinzen Young

Rupert Spira

Francis Lucille

Recent past:

Osho

Nisargadatta

Ramana Maharshi

Siddharameshwar

J. Krishnamurti

U.G. Krishnamurti

Ra (Law of One)

George Gurdjieff

Older:

Padmasambhava

Adi Shankaracharya

Dattatreya

Ashtavakra

Krishna

Buddha Shakyamuni (Lankavatara Sutra especially)

Nagarjuna

Vasishta

Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)

I sense a deep desire to place authority with others here..  it's fine to study and read other teachers and learn from them but don't get obsessed or hung up with who is the greatest or most conscious...this is because ultimately keep in mind you will need to take back your authority.  All others are projections of your own mind.  All others are you.  This includes the most brilliant of sages and the highest most enlightened ones such as Jesus and the Buddha.  They are all your own mind.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Farnaby

Cool.

We’re speaking metaphorically. 

Having read from and listened to a lot of teachers. 

If the main focus is Jesus & the Bible, you’re wasting your time with Jesus & the Bible. If the main focus is a blissed out life full of loving this place, compassion, selflessness and yet experiencing everything you desire to experience in this go round, the book of Thomas is most insightful. 

esther hicks does knock it out of the park 

@Vynce well as everything is subjective I would say YOU are the ultimate teacher 

D334FC56-7183-471B-AC76-73D39EED2D96.jpeg

0DC8C53F-3597-48C1-A7CE-C00546773067.gif

4D4B526F-26D1-4ECA-B42A-B295D0CE61B3.gif

E34C6D28-9557-4538-A3EC-8EED62017D85.gif

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I sense a deep desire to place authority with others here..  it's fine to study and read other teachers and learn from them but don't get obsessed or hung up with who is the greatest or most conscious...this is because ultimately keep in mind you will need to take back your authority.  All others are projections of your own mind.  All others are you.  This includes the most brilliant of sages and the highest most enlightened ones such as Jesus and the Buddha.  They are all your own mind.  

^ some people just can’t handle that groundless ground bro lol 

41 minutes ago, TheLoneSage said:

^ some people just can’t handle that groundless ground bro lol 

When there is only you there is no one else to lean on for help.  We as egos do not want such responsibility.  We want someone else to take care of all the hard stuff.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, TheLoneSage said:

@Inliytened1 can report no mommy or daddy to be found here lol

design_1532469125_preview_1083_53_black.png.5acac9421fd6fb6ff775bbc9eb85ee1c.png

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

This is opinion only and is far from exhaustive

Contemporary:

Bentinho Massaro

Adyashanti

Daniel Ingram

Shinzen Young

Rupert Spira

Francis Lucille

Recent past:

Osho

Nisargadatta

Ramana Maharshi

Siddharameshwar

J. Krishnamurti

U.G. Krishnamurti

Ra (Law of One)

George Gurdjieff

Older:

Padmasambhava

Adi Shankaracharya

Dattatreya

Ashtavakra

Krishna

Buddha Shakyamuni (Lankavatara Sutra especially)

Nagarjuna

Vasishta

Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)

Amazing list. 

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is huge. ??

Who is the most conscious teacher!!!? What kind of separateness question be this

@mandyjw I don't think it has to do with beliefs around money, but more with my scientific background and clinical practice in psychology which makes me doubt her methods of healing. 

It's dangerous and unethical to work in the way she does with people who may have psychological disorders and may need therapies that are backed up by empirical evidence. 

But what really throws me off is her vibe, I can't describe it, she seems inauthentic to me and with messiah complex when she speaks of Abraham Hicks vs Esther Hicks. 

I guess we don't all resonate with the same people. 

23 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

@mandyjw I guess we don't all resonate with the same people. 

My initial impression of what turned out to be some of the most influential teachers was horrible. I thought Eckhart Tolle was some kind of retarded monkey who also looked oddly like my father in law. xD I thought Abraham Hicks was a demon. Hmm.. probably not helping dissuade your fears of ignoring psychological disorders here, am I? xD The point is healing is just that... it hurts to touch that spot that I burned yesterday on the stove that's now healing, then when it is healed it no longer hurts to touch that spot. Eckhart Tolle's words resonate, and change my life and he is no longer a retarded monkey in my eyes but thoroughly appreciated. That pain or discomfort is almost always an indicator that we are still healing that spot in some way. It doesn't mean make yourself listen to something that doesn't resonate, but it also doesn't mean that our conclusions are fair. 

In my opinion the field of psychology has fallen into the same trap as the medical field, they are so afraid of liability that they spend 95% of their energy protecting themselves out of their own fears and 5% of the time healing people's irrational fears. That doesn't mean that doctors and psychiatrists aren't still indispensable in some ways, but they have made themselves so inefficient that many other healing modalities outpace them in most cases. And this inefficiency (time and high expense of treatments) contributes in deaths, LOTS of deaths and suffering, but as long as they aren't assigned to a certain person, or a certain hospital or organization that can be held liable, no one cares. That's the real danger and unethical treatment in my opinion. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

When there is only you there is no one else to lean on for help.  We as egos do not want such responsibility.  We want someone else to take care of all the hard stuff.

If there is nobody else, who exactly are we wanting to take care of the hard stuff?