KennedyCarter

Music and consciousness

15 posts in this topic

Hey y’all! Does anyone else feel like music helps them connect with their higher self? My biggest awakenings have been while being lost in music. Does anyone have any music to recommend? I find songs with good instrumentals rather than a story based song helps me lose my mind and connect more. 

I personally recommend The Voidz! Great and unique instrumentals that you can get lost in. 

I love you all! Xoxo KennedyCarter 

Story based song, but for me this helps me connect so deeply "set my spirit freeeeee"

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Well, here we go again... may I present my personal all time favorite ego death hymn:

(Make sure to put on part 2 right after this video - it's a shame that you cannot find the whole thing as one long video on Youtube anymore..)

No other composer expressed that melting point where yearning and fulfillment, pain and bliss, agony and ecstasy all merge into one big rapture so vividly and passionately through music as Richard Wagner did!

Why so serious?

I find in-ear headphones with typical meditative flute music very useful. Specifically because you can't find exactly where in your mind the sound is actually happening. You can consciously move the sound around your mind... Because it's not actually happening in any place.

Yes, being a singer is something very important to me. Specially finding the inner voice. Only listening to music has it's benefits. But singing has a new other level of benefits. 

Singer

14™

I feel the same. I felt in love with "Worakls", "N'to" or "Joachim Pastor". Electronic music, with deep orchestral tunes. No words, no meaning, but the music tells stories for the whole night ;)

7 hours ago, KennedyCarter said:

I personally recommend The Voidz! Great and unique instrumentals that you can get lost in. 

Ooh interesting, never heard of that but I'll have to give it a listen, thanks for the recommendation!

The album that comes to mind for me is 'Kid A' by Radiohead, it was voted #1 stoner album of all time by Rolling Stone magazine, and y'know what, having listened to it whilst high I can completely understand why xD

Love you too, darl :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Speaking of instrumentals, you might like these two:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Some quality singing

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

Music uses very different parts of the brain from language and reason.  Because of this it can help us circumvent their influence and so we can have a much more colorful and direct experience of this moment.  Music can be profound beyond words.

Yes of course, it's frighteningly easy to just jam to music for hours and do light contemplation or introspection, or just mental masturbation philosophizing, thinking you're being meta. 

But it's not heavy duty stuff; the real challenge is to get that long-term inner peace from non-music sources.

So while I love my music, I do feel a little ambivalent about just how rewarding it is to listen to, and you never really did "much" in a sense. Though it's good to just relax sometimes of course.