Alysssa

I'm worried about the climate change

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

It will not be ''someone standing up and actually invent the solution'' that will solve the problem we are facing with climate change, it will be a collective intervention and acknowledgement by governments, corporations and individuals of the negative ramifications that originate with destabilizing the climate.

It will be a collective effort of many people standing up and being highly creative.

Elon Musk did quite a lot to single-handedly change the space launch game. When government is broken you can work outside of government.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

It will not be ''someone standing up and actually invent the solution'' that will solve the problem we are facing with climate change, it will be a collective acknowledgement and intervention by governments, corporations and individuals of the negative ramifications that originate with destabilizing the climate. 

@Harlen Kelly  Actually, it will be. 

For eg., Elon Musk has proven the feasibility of electric cars. Now every other car manufacturer is investing in it.

Similarly, innovations in battery tech and solar tech by various individuals and corporations.

Govt. is also partnering with companies/agencies in tropical countries offering up to 50 percent discounts to households looking to buy hardware for solar and make a shift.

All this is actually solving the CO2 problems. Soon all this will reduce yearly CO2 emissions by 50 percent. This is just the beginning.

What are your proposed solutions? If not solutions then what is your approach?

Edited by captainamerica

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It will be a collective effort of many people

We agree on something. 

Some solutions from my end -

• Remove money from American politics 
  • Stop corporate funding of politicians 
  • Elect honest politicians 
  • Stop lobbying 
  • Gather people 
  • Start political activism 
  • Collect funds through charity 
  • Make politicians sign laws to punish corporations. 
  • Boycott goods and services 
  • Keep doing till corporations give up and lose power
  • Halt leakage of chemicals into environment. 
  • Make communities aware and stronger in fighting for change 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I had this classmate in high school. 

He did not study for his exam, and there was this question on how to prevent over-population. 

Instead of solutions like awareness/education, knowledge about protection, sex education, etc., he seriously wrote bomb blasts. 

The teacher confronted him in front of the whole class but he justified it by saying he was stressed as time was running out, so he wrote this. He basically said I was stressed and this seemed plausible.

I am not exaggerating, the above is completely accurate as far as I can recall. Nice metaphor.

Edited by captainamerica

9 hours ago, Girzo said:

We are all responsible, there's no-one to blame but oneself.

depends, the distribution of blame is oftentimes handled through/down/versus the same path as suffering is. 

responsibility is not a give away.

although its possible to share responsibility to some extend.

Edited by mememe

1 hour ago, captainamerica said:

He did not study for his exam, and there was this question on how to prevent over-population. 

Instead of solutions like awareness/education, knowledge about protection, sex education, etc., he seriously wrote bomb blasts. 

The teacher confronted him in front of the whole class but he justified it by saying he was stressed as time was running out, so he wrote this. He basically said I was stressed and this seemed plausible.

I am not exaggerating, the above is completely accurate as far as I can recall. Nice metaphor.

Lol. I can relate. Is that bad?!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then why don't you make it your LP to fix it?

Why do you expect others to do it for you?

People love to whine but not do anything creative.

My LP is to be an artist and I strive to make an impact through my art. Yes maybe I look lazy for you but everyone is lazy to some degree, even you.

19 hours ago, impulse9 said:

You watch the news too much. There hasn't been a single period in history where there wasn't some group of people claiming apocalypse is just around the corner. The only difference being that with our current technology, these messages get massively amplified to the point where people get stuck in despair based off nothing. There's plenty of climate scientists who disagree with the so called consensus, yet you never hear about those, because good news don't sell too well. CO2 is supposed to be this massive problem, yet nobody cares to tell you that water vapor is by far the most dominant greenhouse gas in our atmosphere, in fact it covers almost the entire spectrum of CO2 absorption, with only a narrow band from CO2 pointing out. And that's supposed to control the global climate, really?

My best advice to you is to literally stop watching the news so much. Historically, every single prediction has turned out to be wrong. And even if somehow, by some impossible chance these doomsday predictions turn out to be true, humans will adapt and survive. We're very capable in that regard, more so than any other organism on this planet. We literally have the technological capability to block the sun in the form of injecting aerosols into the lower atmosphere if it ever came to that. Stop wasting time on worry and enjoy your life instead.

I actually don't watch news 

14 hours ago, mememe said:

these are issues happening at interference points in society mainly. if you want to tackle these issues on producer side how would you handle it? in a lot of cases it’s a mind game which pushes responsibility from consumer to moral expectations towards producers, who won’t do much about it without consumer pressure or paradigm shift or political pressure. paradigm shift happens only if a lot of people refuse being part of certain kinds of consumerism - and producers need alternative solutions (which are probably not too difficult  to find in these times). sometimes its the retail where the problem is at.

Yes, I see that people aren't aware enough to this or they don't see it as real threat or they just stuck very deep into that consumerism 

12 hours ago, Girzo said:

We are all responsible, there's no-one to blame but oneself.

And I don't think we have yet the technology or organizational solutions to fix the environmental issues/climate change. If we did, they would have been already solved, but they are not.

We have to develop the technology and come up with new ideas that can spread through society. Everything we have come up to his moment is not enough.

It's not as simple as to say "get rid of plastic wraps", because that would interfere with food supply chains, which in turn could result in more food getting wasted, which could mean more fossil fuels burned per nutrition produced than simply using a plastic wrap. Maybe, maybe not. The thing is, it's complicated and there are no simple answers. Also if you would want to get rid of single-use packaging, you have to equip people with their own durable containers, which is an initial investment, it's worth it, but still an investment. And the biggest problem when you get rid of individual packaging I think would be pests in the store, infesting the flour, beans, etc. It would require effort from merchants to protect from it. Every single issue is complicated like that and someone has to make improvments to the whole process so it can be accepted by mainstream. It's so hard to change people's habits, especially related to food, sex and comfort.

Yes we are all responsible for it and the solution is guaranteed only if we all the human race take responsibility. Holistic solutions required that may change our lifestyle very drastically but I think that's worth it. 

I do think there are some solutions of creative people but they are not get enough financial or any other support from the governments and corporations.

I read somewhere that hemp can be used to replace some amount of plastic and it's not that used because it's not as cheap to produce as plastic.

9 hours ago, aurum said:

@Alysssa It is scary to see. Ultimately I feel it’s good that people experience a little bit of fear and frustration, it at least shows they are paying attention. The challenge for those of us who are aware is to eventually go beyond that fear. To be in fear is to still be in ego. You cannot ultimately create environmental harmony from fear, only love can do that.

Yes I got your point. I feel frustration because I care, because I love but also because I fear to lose it. It's like something very dear for me in danger, I love it and at the same time feel fear to lose it. 

7 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

It will not be ''someone standing up and actually invent the solution'' that will solve the problem we are facing with climate change, it will be a collective intervention and acknowledgement by governments, corporations and individuals of the negative ramifications that originate with destabilizing the climate. 

Just like it was not an individual who created the technology to land on the moon, it was the cooperation of government powers, scientists, etc...

+1

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Some solutions from my end -

• Remove money from American politics 
  • Stop corporate funding of politicians 
  • Elect honest politicians 
  • Stop lobbying 
  • Gather people 
  • Start political activism 
  • Collect funds through charity 
  • Make politicians sign laws to punish corporations. 
  • Boycott goods and services 
  • Keep doing till corporations give up and lose power
  • Halt leakage of chemicals into environment. 
  • Make communities aware and stronger in fighting for change 

I agree with most of the solutions you listed but Elect honest politicians seems for me very unrealistic :D

5 hours ago, captainamerica said:

Lol:)

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

3 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Make this work, and you solve it overnight. ;)

41i8t2p.png

That doesn't look like it has ever been used. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Apparently they will start testing it in 2025. If this shit works, humanity gains a near infinite source of clean energy and we can solve most of our problems overnight. And if it doesn't, we still have nuclear. 4th gen nuclear is extremely safe and humanity should be jumping on it instead of relying on medieval age methods.

On 06.08.2021 at 3:20 PM, impulse9 said:

Make this work, and you solve it overnight. ;)

41i8t2p.png

Great! Thank you very much! This is a very great idea, especially considering how polluted the environment is now under the influence of global urbanization. On the site https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/environment/ I read several useful articles about the environment and its protection, about how cities and high-rise buildings negatively affect the climate situation in the city.

Edited by LawrenceLewis

@Alysssa For possible solutions I'd have a look at the following links pasted below. 

I would encourage that you don't look to government for solving any of our problems. I'm Canadian, and we have food shipped to us from all around the world when in reality we could be growing all of our own food. In turn you'd stimulate our economy, lower emissions, and you'd also lower the costs of food and yet, government blames the people and tells them to do less while the costs go up. 

Global warming and growing food:

http://www.breakthru-technologies.com/technologies/bloom-desert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlbIlXN6ntg&t=193s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk

Allan Savory - Keeping Cattle: cause or cure for climate crisis?

https://vimeo.com/8239427