Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thunder Kiss

Over analysing m/f in relationships

19 posts in this topic

I’m afraid my mind has been poisoned with everything that gets talked about on this forum regarding male and female roles and how things should be or what is expected.  I’ve started over analysing every detail in my relationship about masculine and feminine.  I’m judging myself or judging my boyfriend about whether things we do day to day are masculine enough or feminine enough and whether He or I are being too much of the opposite. I’m judging silly things.  It’s driving me a bit crazy.  How much of this is just societal programming and what is actually real? 

3 minutes ago, Thunder Kiss said:

How much of this is just societal programming and what is actually real? 

All of this stuff is not gospel, it's just ideas. Find out what is real through your OWN direct experience, and trust that. If something feels wrong or off, then go learn about what you're missing and only use those ideas to inform your experiences, not taking them as a set of instructions.

Your personal experience > anything you read here.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Yeah take it as a grain of salt. It's definietely a bit black and white on what is/isn't attractive. A good amount of it is subjective and if it's hurting your mental health def take a step back and consume some sources that feel better :)

Edited by Jacob Morres

1 hour ago, Thunder Kiss said:

I’m judging myself or judging my boyfriend about whether things we do day to day are masculine enough or feminine enough and whether He or I are being too much of the opposite. I’m judging silly things.

Well, become conscious that you are misusing the information and stop yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Thunder Kiss said:

How much of this is just societal programming and what is actually real? 

The feminine and masculine thing is real. I just think you're taking stories on here out of context and overthinking it. 

If it causes you pain, forget it. Its not supposed to do that. 

If anything, society programs women to be masculine so cultivating polarity in relationships is going against that programming. 

Check out Madelyn Moon at maddymoon.com. She has amazing resources to begin learning more about embodying your femininity. 

"You Create Magic" 

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

If anything, society programs women to be masculine so cultivating polarity in relationships is going against that programming. 

So true!! I’ve always been independent from a young age, working and doing everything for myself so in a relationship it’s hard for me to not be ‘doing’  so I feel like I’m not ‘true feminine’  I’m really confused about it all.  I used to choose emotionally unavailable guys so I have been used to shielding myself.  
now I’m in a healthy relationship and I feel too masculine because I always have a need to get stuff done and tend to bulldoze myself, then judge myself that I’m too manly. lol. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, become conscious that you are misusing the information and stop yourself.

I am aware of it just needed to write out some thoughts and understand what I’m thinking.
 I’ve even had a few nightmares.  
I’ve also been analysing other couples to see what the dynamic is in their relationships and comparing it to me and my relationship. 
In the Grand scheme of things how much do these gender roles matter?  

9 minutes ago, Thunder Kiss said:

You ask questions that have no answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Thunder Kiss said:

I am aware of it just needed to write out some thoughts and understand what I’m thinking.
 I’ve even had a few nightmares.  
I’ve also been analysing other couples to see what the dynamic is in their relationships and comparing it to me and my relationship. 

!In the Grand scheme of things" nothing matters. Also you going nuts because of the gender roles. Doesn´t matter. Just go on ?

Everything plays a role to some extent. Understand yourself - how important are the imposed roles to you

Society programs a lot. It is worth thinking about it more deeply

Sometimes in such cases it is best to relax. It is useful to think, but when you start to analyze beyond measure, it is impossible to live. Maybe you should try to really relax?

Over-analysing things probably stems from a disintegrated masculine shadow.

At the same time, masculine vs. feminine is a completely artificial duality. The masculine is the feminine, and the feminine is the masculine. Only thoughts make them appear as separate through labeling. Remove the labels, and there won't be a problem.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

At the same time, masculine vs. feminine is a completely artificial duality. The masculine is the feminine, and the feminine is the masculine. Only thoughts make them appear as separate through labeling. Remove the labels, and there won't be a problem.

Good idea

18 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

My problem is that I think I’m too masculine 

You don't make a joke funnier by analyzing it. Instead of analysis and judgement you're looking for better communication. There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning things in a relationship though, it's healthy, but the only reason to question things should be to improve things for both of you. Let the relationship flow and let your roles within it naturally change over time, don't force it.

All stories and explanations are false.

26 minutes ago, RuthLew said:

Sometimes in such cases it is best to relax. It is useful to think, but when you start to analyze beyond measure, it is impossible to live. Maybe you should try to really relax?

Yes.  But I have anxiety disorder and it’s hard for me not to overthink and get easily influenced by things and compare myself. 

@Thunder Kiss Check out Emerald's YouTube channel called The Diamond Net. She discusses these topics in depth, with a style similar to Leo.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

14 hours ago, Thunder Kiss said:

I’m afraid my mind has been poisoned with everything that gets talked about on this forum regarding male and female roles and how things should be or what is expected.  I’ve started over analysing every detail in my relationship about masculine and feminine.  I’m judging myself or judging my boyfriend about whether things we do day to day are masculine enough or feminine enough and whether He or I are being too much of the opposite. I’m judging silly things.  It’s driving me a bit crazy.  How much of this is just societal programming and what is actually real? 

I recommend just touching base with your feelings. 

This might drive you crazy but...

To be up in the head about things and to be worried about whether something is categorically masculine or feminine, is to be stuck in the masculine. 

Just feel. There's no wrong way to do it. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org