Hardkill

Increase in vaccine coercion

442 posts in this topic

Given how terrible the COVID-19 situation has been in the US again due the country having faced a pandemic of the unvaccinated for weeks now, a number of big businesses such as Disney, Walmart, Google, etc. have now been mandating their workers to all get vaccinated. Also, the Biden administered has begun to force a certain number of federal employees throughout the country to attest that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or be subject to masking, social distancing and weekly testing. The Biden administration is further considering even more ways to coerce a lot more federal employees around the country who work for the country to get vaccinated.

However, groups of people such as those from the public sector unions and The American Postal Workers Union already are indignant about that because they feel that it greatly infringes upon their civil rights and that such changes be "properly negotiated with our bargaining units prior to implementation." Even this Washington Post article says that Vaccine mandates will backfire. People will resist even more. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/07/31/biden-mandate-covid-vaccine-hesitancy/ 

Do you think that increasing vaccine coercion amongst the unvaccinated people that remain throughout the whole US is wise or could it actually backfire?

Edited by Hardkill

Still not vaccinated ? Are you sure?

And what's stopping them from getting a vaccine?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Do you think that increasing vaccine coercion amongst the unvaccinated people that remain throughout the whole US is wise or could it actually backfire?

Is it wise? Maybe.

Will it backfire? Perhaps.

Is it necessary? Absolutely.

This is going to be divisive, but I don't care and I'm going to say it anyways - Sometimes stupid people need to be coerced not only for their own good, but for the greater good.

It's like Sadhguru said about smoking, "It's not that smoking is bad or wrong. It's just that it's simply a stupid thing to do."

Not getting a vaccine against a rampaging contagion is simply a stupid thing to do, sorry.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Well, now you can understand why authoritarianism was common in the past. When the survival situtation gets dire, there is no more luxury for debate, equivocation, inaction, theorizing, ignorance, and freedumb.

True freedom must be earned through intelligent decisions and responsibility. And if you don't do it yourself, someone else will force you. Because you exist only thanks to society. So you never had the option to go it your own way.

This is why the more educated rule over the less educated, why the parent rules over the child.

One of the prime functions of government is to force selfish idiots to behave in collectively responsible ways, otherwise we'd live in hell.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, now you can understand why authoritarianism was common in the past.

But why do we need it now ?

1 minute ago, lardplanet said:

We need it now because the global elites plan for humanity is world enslavement, the vaccines are about compliance and submission not for individual human freedom and self determination. The end plan will essentially be a hive system will all the power, technology and wealth in the hands of the elites and the rest of humanity their slaves. Leo is unaware of this because part of his cognitive processes are aligned with a higher-order egregore (a complex thought form that exists in deep dimensional space) which is of a parasitic type. I've tried to peacefully show Leo the right direction here but despite his clear brilliance he's not open nor is he grateful.

This sounds like conspiracy.

Extremely eye opening video from Russell ..

Exactly how much government control are we willing to take and when / where does it end?

Anyone here spreading covid conspiracies will be banned.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, now you can understand why authoritarianism was common in the past. When the survival situtation gets dire, there is no more luxury for debate, equivocation, inaction, theorizing, ignorance, and freedumb.

True freedom must be earned through intelligent decisions and responsibility. And if you don't do it yourself, someone else will force you. Because you exist only thanks to society. So you never had the option to go it your own way.

This is why the more educated rule over the less educated, why the parent rules over the child.

One of the prime functions of government is to force selfish idiots to behave in collectively responsible ways, otherwise we'd live in hell.

Well said. Before you edited your message with adding the thing about parents controlling the child I was thinking the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

?

41 minutes ago, Seed said:

Extremely eye opening video from Russell ..

Exactly how much government control are we willing to take and when / where does it end?

I think the question I would have for Russell is if covid is a serious issue, what would be a reasonable reaction by the goverment to get people to take the vaccine? 

Let's say the people protesting are just wrong, with normal conspiracy theories previously they would never have been shut down, simply put no one cared because it didn't really affect anyone but them. There were numerous conspiracies about 9/11, marches, protests etc. If we had a heavily authoritarian government that would've never been allowed, even Putin would've shut that shit down. 

The difference now is that not getting a vaccine or adapting your behavior etc is going to cause real world consequences for many people. This isn't conjecture, we've seen the effects of covid and we've seen how they've been improved by the vaccine so it's not even theoretical anymore. The balancing act the government has to do because its not authoritarian, is to convince those that don't want to take it subtly and its a tough job. It's like a green parent dealing with a rebellious child if they don't want to eat vegetables. 

Freedom comes with responsibility and I don't think these people are as of yet able to make such choices, especially if they are just anti-government by default 

Edited by Consept

Horrible take from Russell Brand. Too far down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

Man that parasities in there real deep, I can almost see its hideous geometric structure ulcerating lesions across your soul.

FWI It's not a conspiracy, It's all done out in the open and you will come around eventually  ;) 

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

But why do we need it now ?

If we're dependent on the functioning of the system for us to have freedom, should we be free as individuals to kill that system?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Should we be free as individuals to kill the system that is collectively allowing us that freedom?

Bang on, this is the key and i guess where freedom eats its own tail. Is true freedom being able to dismantle the structure that gives you freedom in the first place?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Horrible take from Russell Brand. Too far down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

What makes me cautious is that smart and conscious people I respect, like Teal Swan, say there are some shady stuff going on. How do you explain that some very smart and conscious people are into conspiracy theories ?

40 minutes ago, knakoo said:

How do you explain that some very smart and conscious people are into conspiracy theories ?

New Agers tend to have terrible epistemology. They are still operating on group-think, just New Age group-think.

4 hours ago, lardplanet said:

Man that parasities in there real deep, I can almost see its hideous geometric structure ulcerating lesions across your soul.

FWI It's not a conspiracy, It's all done out in the open and you will come around eventually  ;) 

Bro, please cut the games. The stuff you are following is not awakening. Langan is not awake, nor are you for following him.

1 hour ago, knakoo said:

What makes me cautious is that smart and conscious people I respect, like Teal Swan, say there are some shady stuff going on. How do you explain that some very smart and conscious people are into conspiracy theories ?

She isn't smart or conscious. It should be obvious now thanks to her belief in horseshit. It's convenient to have things like Trump, conspiracy theories, and NATO-haters, because whoever supports Trump, believes in conspiracy theories, or is against a membership in NATO is an idiot.

Btw, Sweden and Finland should join NATO.

Edited by Blackhawk

3 hours ago, Clint Eastwood said:

Personally I think it's really scary where this is going.

Vaccines have alway been mandatory for school. So your whole logic is silly.

Without vaccines you get the Black Death of Europe. Killed 100+ million. 1/3rd of the population.

Don't be a fool. Your body is not just your body. Your body only exists thanks to a collective.