Btraining

Leo was not wrong...

21 posts in this topic

I always knew that I would like to start a business, even from my early teenage years. I watched all Leo’s business videos, read the books, and spent a few years contemplating how I would create a meaningful business around my selected life purpose.

I initially tried all the stupid Amazon FBA and drop shipping E-commerce bullshit and even the small success I had did not feel like a worthy achievement.

A few years later, I found a business idea that I felt can actually contribute to the world in a meaningful way. I spent over a year developing the required skills and finally launched just last week.=

A quote from one of Leo’s earlier videos that stuck out to me was “creating a good product is not the difficult part, the difficult part is marketing and simply getting eyeballs on your content”.

Marketing seems to be everything, especially in the online business world…

My question for you smart people is how do you attract the right traffic to your website/product on a limited budget?

It seems to me that you need to provide value upfront to grow an organic following. From there you can funnel them into a service that provides your customers novelty and value within your niche.

If anyone has any marketing suggestions or healthy brand building strategies to develop an organic audience, I would much appreciate hearing it.

Edited by Btraining

2 hours ago, Btraining said:

Or simply roasting my SEO :)

You asked for it :P

You need to be pumping out more free content (of value to your target audience), to establish connection and credibility with potential buyers.

Free content can be in the form of email content, e-books, blog posts, social media uploads, podcasts, YouTube videos, etc.

Even posting free advice on health forums such as the one on here can be considered free content (although don't make this your main form of it!)

Endless options. 

^This IS your eyeball-catcher/marketing. People flock to free content because they are selfish and lazy. But It's a win-win, because you can use that principle to build an audience of potential future buyers (you'll have to convert them from freeloaders to buyers later).

This definitely takes a degree of patience and creativity, but it's better than having no eyeballs and no audience and no buyers.

For both the free AND paid content, get clear about what kind of person you are targeting, and ask yourself "What specifically can I provide for them?"

If you're already currently posting free content, ask yourself: is the shit that I'm posting actually delivering a result for my target audience? And even if it is, have I made the link between the content and the result EXPLICIT? For example, if you're trying to introduce a new exercise or a new food, am I telling my audience the precise benefit?

Right now when I go to your website, all I see is a bunch of text and a massive paywall with no reason to pull out my wallet (granted, I may not be your target audience, but even if I was, I bet I'd react the same way).

When I click on the coaching tab, you don't give me a concrete promise, not even once. You basically say "I will give you holistic coaching."

What?? TF does that even mean? How will my life actually change? I see there's more words further down like "custom meal plan metabolic planning" - whatever the hell that means. I didn't even bother to read. 

You say: "I will help you with this process so that you can optimize your eating habits to support your fitness goals while meeting your body's nutritional requirements." <<<MEANINGLESS. That's not a specific, concrete result. That's the most generic claim possible.

You MUST declare a result, such as: "Together we will maximize your fitness and nutrition with a custom plan to help you look and feel better than you ever have before so that you can be confident in your body with clarity of mind"

But honestly, even this is still far too broad/generic. Ideally you are ultra-specific, like: "Together we will maximize your diet with a custom plan to ensure that your body is fueled with the best possible nutrients while eliminating all toxic chemicals from your daily meals. With your commitment, we will x10 your thinking power, mindfulness, and overall happiness."

And EVEN THIS is maybe still too generic! You can ALWAYS be more and more concrete in your sales pitch. Maybe a part of you thinks "but I want my client to define their own goals! Aren't I excluding some people by not listening to everyone's goals equally?"

Eben Pagen said it best: Let's say you had a headache and you were walking down the aisle looking for a solution. You find two possible candidates: One is a big jug that says "CURE-ALL MEDICINE" on it, the other is a smaller bottle that says, "Headache relief - erase pain for 48 hours," which bottle do you trust more? Which bottle gets you to open up your wallet and pay?

That's right, the "smaller," more "narrowly" marketed product which ONLY targets headaches is the one that actually gets bought - because it addresses your problem better than the generic "catch-all" medicine!

It's the difference between casting a huge net with giant holes and tears in it vs casting a small but highly refined and well-made net. 

You must apply this principle to your own marketing.

Also, play around with font sizes and bolding and stuff. Walls of text are really difficult to read. I bet you're reading this and you're already exhausted yourself lol, so just imagine what it's like for a potential customer. Put important things in BOLD so that they jump out at you!

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

Wow, that was what I was looking for...thank you for taking the time! I will get to work! 

Your homepage is also problematic.

You talk about yourself way too much, like "oh I have this qualification here and also this other badge of honor I earned from studying blah blah"

Nobody cares!

You can put that stuff in an "about me" page.

Regarding your homepage: the bottom line is, will you be the one that gives me actual results? Even if you're uncertain if you can or not, you have to at least act as though you're capable of giving me results.

The moment I land on your homepage, you should tell me immediately how YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE MY LIFE, and HOW YOU'VE CHANGED THE LIVES OF OTHERS ALREADY.

^This is the kind of framing that gets people to pull out their wallets.

If you aren't able to provide instances of how you've already helped people, try offering free coaching sessions to 10 or more people just so that you're able to declare: "See? Here is me in action."

Another point: You've made it very difficult to buy from you lol. I tried to purchase something from you for fun, and I was immediately told to make an account lmao. I left promptly.

I'm not that good at the technical side of things so you'll have to do your own research, but you really should make buying as effortless as possible. You want people to ideally click 2 buttons and to be able to send you money on the spot. The account creation should either be automatic or postponed. Use paypal or something if you must (idk how that works).

BTW, that is what Leo does for his Life Purpose course. You can buy his course in 2 button clicks using paypal, and then an account is auto-generated for you. Leo has made buying from him effortless, and so he makes money. You have made buying from you a hassle, and so (most likely) you won't make money (as you are now).

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@Btraining NP bro! Good luck, I'm rooting for you. I also slightly edited my original post by adding more clarification on how to frame your free content.

It's Love.

Leo's homepage at https://actualized.org/ is actually a beautiful example of how to do it right:

Notice everything in his banner informs you of how Leo will help you:

dhhyLoK.png

Showing his face gives him a sense of trustworthiness. Even though Leo has actually gone through life-coaching certification and training program, he doesn't talk about that. Instead, he talks about his 300+hours of FREE videos.

Next, he literally shoves the free content in your face:

CCY7CTL.png

Lastly, he makes a quick and easy pathway for you to hand him money:

SCXpIhl.png

Notice the use of colors and icons too. Everything is made clickable.

It's like a well-oiled machine.

It's Love.

@Btraining Do not worry about attracting all customers; you cannot make everyone like you. Rather, focus on one specific group or niche of people, and serve them. Also realize, that what you're selling them is not the actual product, but rather the emotion behind it.

What do people really want? They don't want the driller capable of making 60 mm holes, they want the 60 mm holes. And not really even that actually, what they want is the satisfaction of finally finishing the work. Validation of people close to them, when they see how much of a good job they've done. It's all about fulfilling emotions, noone gives a shit about the actual product.

And you wanna sell them these emotions in a way of stories. The most ancient method, and very effective. That's what's marketing is all about. It's about a promise to fulfill these deep hidden desires, and then linking them to your product. For you to do that though, you need to be able to get inside the head of your customers, and not operating from yours. It's about their stories and desires, not yours. That is very important.

Edited by Peter Miklis

@RendHeaven Very good points. 

In summary:

1) Narrow target audience - niche 

2) Post all my current blogs upfront - ensure they are solving an issue readers may have 

3) No account creation for the Training subscription - which is currently a "by donation product"

4) Optimize SEO - Clear concrete premise, clear results, no wall of text, remove focus from my certifications, etc.

Is a blog sufficient content nowadays? Do most prefer youtube videos or podcasts? Would be interested in your thoughts... 

Thanks again! 

19 minutes ago, Btraining said:

Is a blog sufficient content nowadays? Do most prefer youtube videos or podcasts? Would be interested in your thoughts... 

Yes, any form of free content works as long as the clear value is there.

Personally I prefer YouTube videos, but consider that I may be biased. I am here from watching Leo on YouTube, after all...

I would say it boils down to what makes you feel the most creative. You've gotta fall in love with the creation process.

22 minutes ago, Btraining said:

Thanks again! 

NP :)

It's Love.

8 hours ago, Btraining said:

Or simply roasting my SEO :)

80% of your traffic is going to come in through your blog posts

You need to make your blog posts so they're answering questions that people would actually search.

Eg. https://www.logoshealth.co/blog/intro-to-metabolic-typing-djl99 - eg. instead of just having the second header called Metabolic Typing, it should be something like "What is metabolic typing?"

Type the question into Google and look at the "People Also Ask" and "Related Searches" sections and answer those too:

• What are the 3 metabolic types?
  • What is metabolic typing test?
  • What is the metabolic survey?
  • How do you determine your metabolism type?

It's also probably not a good sign that the #1 result is saying in bold that metabolic typing is a pseudoscience. Google will penalize you if it thinks you're spreading medical misinformation.

It sucks because I can tell that you put a ton of work (or money) into those blog posts, but they aren't going to be generating even a fraction of the search traffic that they should be.

"THE 6 FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES" -- of what? I assume "Of Health". But it doesn't say in the title, let alone even in the whole article itself. Are the 6 foundational principles of health a common idea that people will actually be searching for? Or how are people going to come across this post?

"ALL STRESS SUMMATES" would probably be better titled "The X Types of Stress" and a bunch of other tweaks.

"INTRO TO ORGANIC EATING" is 90% about organic farming, not organic eating

"INTRO TO STOICISM" doesnt seem related to your niche enough to be writing an article about it. The keyword is also too competitive and your article isn't high enough quality to rank for it.

"FUNCTIONAL EXERCISE" is too technical, it reads like a textbook or encyclopedia, and lacks info people will actually search for. Inner unit and outer unit don't come up in Google searches. People want to know what functional training or a functional workout is, what kind of equipments it uses, examples of exercises it includes, what are the 7 functional movements, whether you can do it every day or not.

Man, it's brutal to see like 20,000 words written that are basically accomplishing nothing.

Everything else on the site looks great, you've even got your own app it looks like. But none of that matters if nobody is seeing it.

I would also like to see a larger "About Me" section though. Right now it's literally just 1 testimonial from a customer. Ideally I'd want to see it as its own dedicated page. Tell about your experience and education as a personal trainer, any related courses or education you have, your own fitness accomplishments in competitions or whatever else. Google has actual people that go through and review websites... part of what they're looking for is that you're actually a subject matter expert who is knowledgeable and trustworthy in your domain.

Probably worth starting a Youtube channel too for this niche

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco Thanks for the feedback. Originally the blog posts were supposed to be part of a membership and supplement the exercise programs. My goal when writing them was not to drive traffic but to actually provide guidance/value to members. 

Since this has changed, I will definitely try to optimize them for traffic like you mentioned. I obviously have some tweaking to do, but this is what I was hoping for when asking for SEO tips. Great advice...

Thanks again! 

Edited by Btraining

If you think people will just organically come to your website, think again. Those days are long gone. You need a serious marketing strategy to drive traffic.

Hoping that people randomly find you biz is not a marketing strategy, that's just surrendering to failure.

Go take some serious marketing courses. No one is going to give you your marketing strategy. You have to invent it yourself. And if you don't, kiss your biz goodbye.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Btraining You might be interested in 'Synchronicity' consulting to help you. They seem to have a good well oiled system.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

serious marketing courses

@Leo Gura Any recommendations?  Or just red flags and golden flags to watch out for?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Matt23 said:

@Leo Gura Any recommendations?  Or just red flags and golden flags to watch out for?

Too deep to explain here.

Do your research and figure it out. Not rocket science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Check out leos blog he posted a video relating to this

@Leo Gura

Right? 

Didn't watch it but it seems it's the same topic 

Edited by Jacob Morres

5 hours ago, Matt23 said:

All of the old "black hat" SEO tactics like keyword stuffing, buying backlinks off people, etc have been fixed and will get your website blacklisted by Google.

The only way to get free traffic to your website in 2021 is to provide real value to people for free. Answer the questions that they're searching for. Then upsell them coaching, a course, affiliate products, or whatever once they trust you.

Income School on Youtube is about the only source I trust on this. (Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated with them, but I have paid for their $450 course and paid $250 per year to renew it for the past couple of years.) Even most SEO industry leaders like Neil Patel are super sketchy and giving bad info.

Alternatively you've gotta pay to experiment with stuff like Facebook ads until you figure something out that provides more lifetime value than it costs to run the ads. Paid courses will help flatten the learning curve if you go that route.

Edited by Yarco

"THERE WILL NEVER BE A COOKIE CUTTER SOLUTION THAT IS OPTIMAL FOR YOU"

are you sure this premise is truthful? I mean, there are many sports/athletic edeavours where the basics have been layed down for sometimes decades ago and they just keep delivering results for newbies despite individual differences. 

can you describe your target audience? Who would see this and choose your service over the many options available that have thousands of testimonials from clients? 

And yeah... what is metabolic typing? According to wikipedia it's pseudoscience... one of the first results on google

Edited by molosku

On 7/31/2021 at 1:13 PM, RendHeaven said:

Even if you're uncertain if you can or not, you have to at least act as though you're capable of giving me results.

Damn, ain't that the truth.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:13 PM, RendHeaven said:

If you aren't able to provide instances of how you've already helped people, try offering free coaching sessions to 10 or more people just so that you're able to declare: "See? Here is me in action."

Solid.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:28 PM, Peter Miklis said:

the satisfaction of finally finishing the work. Validation of people close to them, when they see how much of a good job they've done. It's all about fulfilling emotions, noone gives a shit about the actual product. 

And you wanna sell them these emotions in a way of stories. The most ancient method, and very effective. That's what's marketing is all about. It's about a promise to fulfill these deep hidden desires, and then linking them to your product. For you to do that though, you need to be able to get inside the head of your customers, and not operating from yours. It's about their stories and desires, not yours. That is very important.

Solid.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:38 PM, Btraining said:

1) Narrow target audience - niche 

2) Post all my current blogs upfront - ensure they are solving an issue readers may have 

3) No account creation for the Training subscription - which is currently a "by donation product"

4) Optimize SEO - Clear concrete premise, clear results, no wall of text, remove focus from my certifications, etc.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you think people will just organically come to your website, think again. Those days are long gone. You need a serious marketing strategy to drive traffic.

Hoping that people randomly find you biz is not a marketing strategy, that's just surrendering to failure.

Go take some serious marketing courses. No one is going to give you your marketing strategy. You have to invent it yourself. And if you don't, kiss your biz goodbye.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, RendHeaven said:

I would say it boils down to what makes you feel the most creative. You've gotta fall in love with the creation process.

> Create the free content that you enjoy creating the most.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:41 PM, Yarco said:

80% of your traffic is going to come in through your blog posts

You need to make your blog posts so they're answering questions that people would actually search.

Type the question into Google and look at the "People Also Ask" and "Related Searches" sections and answer those too:

It's also probably not a good sign that the #1 result is saying in bold that metabolic typing is a pseudoscience. Google will penalize you if it thinks you're spreading medical misinformation.

I wonder what are all the things that google penalizes you for.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Yarco said:

All of the old "black hat" SEO tactics like keyword stuffing, buying backlinks off people, etc have been fixed and will get your website blacklisted by Google.

The only way to get free traffic to your website in 2021 is to provide real value to people for free. Answer the questions that they're searching for. Then upsell them coaching, a course, affiliate products, or whatever once they trust you.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Yarco said:

Income School on Youtube

Awesome.

I love this thread so much, wow. So much valuable stuff in here.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.