Javfly33

My current objections and challenges with Spirituality and Enlightment (Rant)

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mp22 said:

Sorry, you said many times that brains literally don't exist.  And here you talk about brain chemistry and brain rewiring.

He says brains don't exist because people use the "brain" to anchor their experience of reality, which ends up limiting and deluding them. Brains are a distinction drawn as part of the infinite illusion, so they can still be talked about and analyzed in a relative sense, but the brain doesn't "exist" separate from consciousness.

2 hours ago, Forestluv said:

@Javfly33 You seem heavily oriented toward goal / outcome. That can be useful as motivation, yet it's also a hindrance. I've found it helpful to balance goal/outcome with love of process - as if the destination is the journey. 

I used to help train people to run their first marathon. They were so obsessed with goal/outcome that they totally missed process and progress. We'd be running in a beautiful forest and they would be checking their watch every 30 seconds, obsessed with pace, distance and hyper-analyzing everything. I'd be like "how about we not worry about that stuff for now and just enjoy our run? The forest and weather is beautiful. The brook is babbling, the birds are singing and the breeze feels wonderful". Yet they were in a totally different mindset. They were never able to have fun and enjoy the process. 

I've been doing spiritual work for 30 years and I'm still exploring new terrain. Currently I'm doing my first prolonged fast and I'm blown away by the experience. 

For me, if I become too heavy on either goal/outcome or process then problems can arise. 

I see. You seem to imply that I should (again) switch more towards Enlightment/Spirituality, since I basically understand from your point that I should try to enjoy the process and be more in 'being'.

2 hours ago, mp22 said:

Sorry, you said many times that brains literally don't exist.  And here you talk about brain chemistry and brain rewiring.

The brain literally is imaginary.

Learn to understand relativity and paradox.

Your approach to my teachings is grossly inadequate to grasp the things being spoken of.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Javfly33 it sounds to me that you need a practice in addition to meditation. Some practice that starts when meditation ends. Maybe a mindfulness or surrender practice that you can use in your day to day life to keep (or at least not going down to baseline) the deeper state that meditation gave you.

15 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

The thing is when I am doing this mindfulness I am not in this neurotic state of achieving stuff of spiral dynamics stage orange. Which is precisely which makes me suffer and Actually is counterproductive to achieve it (being neurotic). BUT, you guys say that one should first achieve this stuff (self growth of the minor s, sex, money, success of the ego) and then go for Enlightment. So the ego gets neurotic to get it done. But then I see the ego is ruining my life and I start meditating. But meditating makes me not being so serious about achieving it!! And then I'm at this stage of not achieving shit but neither being Enlightened! Wtf! Lol

Then what do I do??? See if I choose one thing I'm damned and if I choose the other I'm damned too.

It seems contradictory doesn't it? But what if it isn't. Maybe it's a skill of surrendering control whilst commanding control. 

Even if all personas are to be surrendered in the end, maybe some personas are better than others. Less polarisingly put, some personas are more effective than others. I've kinda started to see that it's worth upgrading the persona, even if it's a lie. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Javfly33 it sounds to me that you need a practice in addition to meditation. Some practice that starts when meditation ends. Maybe a mindfulness or surrender practice that you can use in your day to day life to keep (or at least not going down to baseline) the deeper state that meditation gave you.

What's what I'm doing with Isha kriya. What I don't have is actually a meditation practice. @lmfao right, good point

Maybe cuz of all this failure you will reach this one time when you are just fucking done with all and sit down until you get it, like the Buddha did. The more you get it sober and are able to clearly see that path to go from normal to realization while sober, the closer those two get to integration. 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

What's what I'm doing with Isha kriya. What I don't have is actually a meditation practice. @lmfao right, good point

I see I was under the impression that you were doing it as a formal sitting. Give it time then. 

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Common sense should tell you: if less then 0.0001% of the global population is enlightened, then enlightenment must be pretty fucking hard.

The ones who say it's easy just got really fucking lucky in their life situation. They won the lottery.

There is no such thing as luck.

Enlightenment depends on nothing and everything. 

You're not in control. Yet you are.

Lolz.

Glhf bro, play, love ⏯️▶️?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

4 hours/day the last days?...

Try 4 hours/day the next 5 years

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The brain literally is imaginary.

Learn to understand relativity and paradox.

Your approach to my teachings is grossly inadequate to grasp the things being spoken of.

I think you are being unfair. I have watched a lot of your content and you often mention that you are being literal and not metaphorical or paradoxical etc (for in the enlightenment and brain  does not exist videos).  When you say literally I understand literally. If brains literally don't exist, there is no brain to train or to rewire. There is no pink jelly-like substance in my cranium.  

You can't expect me to understand that whatever you say is both true and false at the same time. It makes for very difficult conversations.  It also does not help that whenever you are caught in a contradiction you use the same line. 

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)