Pericles

I am seriously fucked up.

23 posts in this topic

What can you do (to escape) if you are stuck in a super poor family in a third world country?

Make a plan to leave over the next 10 years so you can earn the living you want. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Pericles life is unfair.forget about leos lifepurpose. It doesnot work in 3rd world country.target a position or job that will get u out of poverty. Work 15 years for that goal. That position should be atleast 15  years into future.work a minimum of 3 hours a day for that job.of course if u r in crippling poverty this will not work.it will take 15 to 20 years of minimum 3 hour per day practice/work to reach top

My top 3 book for success

1)mastery by george leonard

2)mastery by robert greene 

3)tiny habit by bj fogg

You aren't fucked up, don't say such things. Your circumstances don't make you, what makes you is how you react to them.

As practically difficult and emotionally mountainous it is, consider that the best possibility both short and long term might be to leave and migrate somewhere else. The process and act of leaving will be challenging, but it will put you in a place of way more potential for your life. To stay in the same place in an environment of poverty surrounded by family who will keep you down via social homeostasis is to probably doom yourself to those same conditions for a very long time.

Do you really want to work blisteringly hard for 10-20 years for not much return and only pure survival? Or suffer short term so those years won't go to waste and can create a better life for you and your family?

This all depends how attached to are to your culture/family. There is no right or wrong answer, it all depends on what you value more personally for your own life.

If you really want to leave your focus need to be purely on work work work 55+ hours a week so you can save enough money to pay for a way out and then a bit of a safety net for when you get to where you're going. Do not be spending any money or resources on things you won't be able to take with you. Live with the bare minimum where you are right now and bank resources. Priority #1.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@asifarahim

You really inspired me. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

life is unfair.forget about leos lifepurpose. It doesnot work in 3rd world country.

Yeah, kind of sad. Truth be told, recently I have spent literally months googling and ended finding a torrented copy of Leo's LP course. I thought it was the only thing that could get me out of this hell.

It gave some general direction about what should I do "in the big picture" with my life. But what's the point of knowing my top ten values if I can't even manage to get the basics.

You have to first get the basic survival stuffs of your life handled before you to move onto the higher consciousness, spiritual, ariy fairy "Life Purpose" stuff, right?

Well that must suck.

Been living in a third world country for 2 years. Witnessed all kinds of stuff. 

I don't know what else could I suggest other than to move somewhere else. Hopefully you find a way to do that. Apparently a lot of people from India find a job in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. I imagine the conditions are not the best; but I think it's still an upgrade. You could establish connections there and slowly climb up the ladder.

I would not suggest staying where you are for too long. You need contrast. All your mind know now is poverty. And you must change that if you want a better life.

Hope you find your way. Best of luck.

thanks, @ivankiss.

Just curious, which country you have been living for 2 years?

@Pericles i lived eat breathe in lp course .dont get me wrong its a damn good course.the best i found so far on internet.its core concepts are rock solid.but making a living out of your passion and intrest is a laxury not available in 3rd world country.i started  working on life purpose at  my age 22 and its too late.if i start working on my passion from age 10 , If i got 15000 hours of work in my passion before age 22 then i would have a good chance in making a living with passion.in my country if u r not an early bloomer you either work in govt job or it field or you die in poverty.there is no system for rewarding talent .system here favors beauracracy.Dont get me wrong ,i worked my ass off for 3 years in life purpose .i now am in a race against time to make a living before my ancestral resource gets depleted.

Edited by asifarahim

My advice will be different than the other recommendations you got which are focussed on transforming your external situation in order to make it more pleasing and to reduce your suffering. My advice would be to stop consuming content aimed at first-world audiences, and focus on coming to terms with your place in the world.  Try your best to be a valued member of your own family, practice meditation, develop your spirit and then try to improve your local community in small ways, even if all that means is doing very small things which bring moments of joy and relief from those who are in your direct vicinity.

The highest spiritual teachings aren't dependent on having access to luxury, or even having access to the basics of survival.  These teachings are equally applicable in times of plague and famine, in war and in concentration camps.

Look to those around you who have managed to carve out a sense of meaning and purpose in their own lives, who find joy in the simplest of pleasures, and aspire to be like those people.

Edited by kinesin

Start practicing some spiritual practice.it removes suffering.also do the spiritual practice on the minimum amount necessary to remove suffering.there is a danger with spirituality.it completely destroys your ambition,drive and passion.which is good from a spiritual point of view because ambition and desire create suffering.but you need that drive to get out of poverty.

Edited by asifarahim

6 hours ago, asifarahim said:

Start practicing some spiritual practice.it removes suffering.also do the spiritual practice on the minimum amount necessary to remove suffering.there is a danger with spirituality.it completely destroys your ambition,drive and passion.which is good from a spiritual point of view because ambition and desire create suffering.but you need that drive to get out of poverty.

I agree, spiritual practice can internally turn your life downside up. This is not a joke or a well wishing from my side. If EVERYTHING fails in my life, i always have spiritual practice and the benefits of spiritual practice already done.

Edited by Applegarden8

Try to find a job on the Internet. Use Upwork, you can find high paying clients if you have the skills. I personally live in an emerging country, when I started working I was earning 500-600 $ / months, then I started working on the Internet and can now earn more than 1000$ / month while working less than 20 hours / week. It saved my life.

You might want to do some research on which more prosperous nations have more liberal immigration laws.  Canada used to be fairly liberal, but you had to have a job.  When they had an industry where they lacked workers, their embassies actually helped recruit workers.  We went through this when my husband, who is German and I wanted to move back to the U.S. closer to my family, but my husband thought it would be better to have a job first.  It may be different now in Canada, but there may be other industries in some countries that need workers.  It will probably be physical labor, but in countries where society is more open and prosperous, there are more opportunities to work your way up to a better position.  I also believe, but have not researched it, that the northern European countries including Iceland seem more open to immigrants.  You need a one way ticket there with a cheap airlines, you may have to work like a dog to earn enough for that, but then afterward you know where you have the best chance of finding labor that has a better opportunities for advancement and good middle class starting salary.

@Pericles The people on this forum won't help you. I suggest you you take advice from someone with practical experience in helping people build order in their lives.

21 hours ago, Pericles said:

What can you do (to escape) if you are stuck in a super poor family in a third world country?

Escape from your family or your country?

If it's family, it is easier compared to country. Get a wage slave job (8-9) for a year or two and save as much as possible (while living with the family). When you have saved enough, escape your family by renting a cheap but comfortable apartment. Then keep saving.

If you want to escape your fucked up 3rd world country, it is much more difficult because other countries (especially 1st world) are very defensive of their borders. They have created many border rules, justifying such rules as fair, moral, and humanitarian. But I know it's all a masquerade. Every rule from the Immigration Bureau is about them ensuring their benefit. It's all selfishness. They will only allow a foreigner to enter their country if the foreigner benefits them.

How can a first word country benefit from a foreigner? By ensuring the foreigner do wage slave job (which most natives don't want to do), pay taxes (government income), being a national asset (popular sportsman, musician, or researcher), being a big-time investor (you give the country much money). The only more compassionate immigration rule is taking in refugees. But it is not because they (1st world countries) really are compassionate towards refugees. It is because the UN enforces such rule, forcing 1st world countries to cooperate for the benefit of their external image to the world. 

But that's how it is. And there's nothing you can do about it.

But here are a few things you can do which will give you a good chance of escaping your fucked up country.

1. Get a wage slave visa

This needs certifications or qualifications (vocation or BS degree). If you already have one, it's easier. Go to the nearest embassy of the 1st world country you want to move to. They will give you a list of requirements you need to provide.

If you don't have any. You can choose to get vocational training (for example welding, farming, fishing, etc.) which is in demand in 1st world countries. After that, go to the ambassy. This path can take 2 to 4 years. 

2. Get a spouse visa

This is exciting but also risky. You can go to tourist spots where "1st world" women (if you are a straight man) go to for vacation. You can do pick up, establish a good relationship for a year, and then marry them. You can also work a s tour guide and start from there.

Another noble way is to work as an English teacher (hope your English is good) and teach Japanese, Korean, European female ESL learners. This is also a good way to even enhance your English and socialization skills. teaching English is as much interaction and customer service as teaching. If your spoken and written English are not good, you can choose to take training.

The risk of this type of visa is if you get divorced, your spouse visa becomes invalid and you will be forced to get another visa, otherwise you will be forced to go back to your home country or get deported.

3. Be a refugee.

If you live in Myanmar, Palestine, and other war torn or fucked up countries, you have a good chance of getting a refugee visa. The same thing, go to the ambassy and they will guide you on what to do. I think Europe and the US are more welcoming of refugees than South Korea or Japan. Japan should be the least in your list. It's a very racist country in this domain. But if you want to be detained until you get murdered, go to Japan and be a refugee.  

4. Digital nomad visa

This is complex but I'll simplify it. You work as a freelancer or a full-time employee for a company located anywhere in the world. But you need ot work remotely or "from home". Earn much money then go to the embassy, prove to them that your monthly earning is high then apply for a digital nomad visa. They demand your monthly income is high so when you arrive in the 1st world country, you have the money to pay for your rent, food, and taxes.

Forget other visas such as investor, short-term tourist, visiting relatives (if you have one then try this), national treasure, etc. Almost all 3rd world country people can't get them, especially investor visa.

I have given you a good idea. Now, go to the website of the embassy (google it) and obtain more information.

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

"It's only the first 50 years of a man's life that's really hard. The rest is usually a little bit more harder." --lol

xDxDxD

Do you think you won't get banned again btw?

I'm very disappointed in the advice people are giving in this thread.  This is supposed to be a spiritual forum, is it not?  Why are you all advising OP to change their external reality rather than the inner?

It doesn't matter where or when you are, what your circumstances might be - the path toward freedom from suffering is the same regardless.

"Oh but they're in poverty, that's a real problem, not one of the fake first world problems which we can just tell ourselves are illusory!"

34 minutes ago, kinesin said:

I'm very disappointed in the advice people are giving in this thread.  This is supposed to be a spiritual forum, is it not?  Why are you all advising OP to change their external reality rather than the inner?

Do you even know what @Leo Gura is about?

4 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Do you even know what @Leo Gura is about?

He hasn't even posted in this thread so I'm not sure how he's relevant to this.  I'm referring to the advice given by other people here.