Holygrail

Seriously. what is the "now"?

40 posts in this topic

How can there be present moment if reality is always moving and changing? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

18 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Is the now even real?

Realest thing ever

The problem is the you that wants to take screenshots of the present moment and capture it. The moving and changing, the flow of everything is the present moment. The moment you take a screenshot it becomes the past. The past and the future are nothing but imagination that happens always in the now that is flowing. 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no moment. There’s only now/this.

6 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

The problem is the you that wants to take screenshots of the present moment and capture it. The moving and changing, the flow of everything is the present moment. The moment you take a screenshot it becomes the past. The past and the future are nothing but imagination that happens always in the now that is flowing. 

Exactly.

A now or a present moment is a static object (screenshot lol).

. Since everything is ever-changing and ever-moving.. What exactly are you calling "now"? 

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Since everything is ever-changing and ever-moving.. What exactly are you calling "now"? 

It seems to you that it changes because your memory contrasts it. If you had no memory it would always be the same. present, and you would be that

12 minutes ago, The0Self said:

There is no moment. There’s only now/this.

The  nature of "this" is such that it's uncapturable. And therefore can't be even called "this". 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It seems to you that it changes because your memory contrasts it. If you had no memory it would always be the same. present, and you would be that

Are you saying reality is not changing?  It only seems so because of memory? 

-Osho

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Are you saying reality is not changing?  It only seems so because of memory? 

I think that it is apparently changing but its essence does not change. memory allows us to have a vision of before-now-after, in order to function as humans, but this separates us from the essence of reality, from the eternal present. No matter how much it changes, if you are stuck in the present, for you it is simply reality, the same all the time. approaching that is what you try meditating, if the mind stops there is no apparent change, and the essence is closer

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Change happens in the present moment ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Since everything is ever-changing and ever-moving.. What exactly are you calling "now"? 

Now is exactly this ever changing and ever moving. You can experience the now when you are ready to let go of the need to have a past and a future. Past and future are the ego. There is no past and future. Only now. You don't take screenshots you just flow. You are not identified with your thoughts and feelings. You are just being. You are the observer always. You may ask a question. Who is watching the question that is being asked? Where did the question came from? There is a gap of no thought. Your sense of self expands. The gap becomes larger. You can feel it in the body. You live eventually in this gap. To do this takes work and no thought or feeling should stay unobserved. You identify the 1000 forms of ego and letting them go as much as you can. Transforming them to this meta feeling. I'm not talking about a daily 30' practice. I mean that you take it seriously and this is how you live from now on. When you practice this enough you can actually choose to take a leap and decide or realize that there is no past or future from now on. Past and future are the building blocks of yourself. You are not living only in the now because your ego would collapse. Now is what remains after this happens. The more you deconstruct the more the now itself you become. The more you realize that everything is made of the same 'material'. But this started going over my head. I don't really have a definition and i don't want to parrot things that i haven't experienced. 

This is nothing like my experience at the moment just to be clear. Only because i believe in my fantasies of a past and future that i get absorbed in. 

You guys struggle to get my point. 

You still need more reality deconstructing.

You deconstructed the past and the future.. But you still have to deconstruct the illusion of the present. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You deconstructed the past and the future.. But you still have to deconstruct the illusion of the present. 

You need to have a mystical experience xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

The  nature of "this" is such that it's uncapturable. And therefore can't be even called "this". 

How do you know what I refer to as this? I’m literally talking about this. Yeah no one knows what (or if) it is, but the only way to appear to convey anything at all is to take an unreal position in everything, so deal with it lol. It can be called whatever you want, it doesn’t matter. In the context of this conversation, call it Now. There’s no present moment, past, or future. Only now, which again, is all there is, but no one knows what it is, how it is, or even if it is, and no one is either it or not it.

Even Now is not some “thing” that is.

Edited by The0Self

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

You can't just deconstruct things with logic. It's not enough. There's no illusion of the present. Describing the present is not the same as experiencing the present. 

Edited by BlackMaze

On 2021-05-30 at 5:30 AM, Holygrail said:

Every time i try to capture it, it's gone. I feel like it's actually nothing, but it's just an intuition and a feeling I get. Is the now even real?

The mind will try to understand it. But it can't since it simply an experience within the now.

16 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Now is exactly this ever changing and ever moving. You can experience the now when you are ready to let go of the need to have a past and a future. Past and future are the ego. There is no past and future. Only now. You don't take screenshots you just flow. You are not identified with your thoughts and feelings. You are just being. You are the observer always. You may ask a question. Who is watching the question that is being asked? Where did the question came from? There is a gap of no thought. Your sense of self expands. The gap becomes larger. You can feel it in the body. You live eventually in this gap. To do this takes work and no thought or feeling should stay unobserved. You identify the 1000 forms of ego and letting them go as much as you can. Transforming them to this meta feeling. I'm not talking about a daily 30' practice. I mean that you take it seriously and this is how you live from now on. When you practice this enough you can actually choose to take a leap and decide or realize that there is no past or future from now on. Past and future are the building blocks of yourself. You are not living only in the now because your ego would collapse. Now is what remains after this happens. The more you deconstruct the more the now itself you become. The more you realize that everything is made of the same 'material'. But this started going over my head. I don't really have a definition and i don't want to parrot things that i haven't experienced. 

This is nothing like my experience at the moment just to be clear. Only because i believe in my fantasies of a past and future that i get absorbed in. 

beautiful post x