Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CBDinfused

Confused about Leo's teachings on death

79 posts in this topic

@tatsumaru Many mystics actually label God that "Beyond God Reality" which we cannot really pointed to.
Truly realizing God means realizing Beyondness. Every true mystic knows that whatever  "One" you are holnding onto is not God.
For example, even though not buddhist, and refered to "The Self" as a single concept, i think Ramana Maharshi realized this Beyondness.
So to say that 'God' is beyond belief is ultimetly correct. Then, if you want to get lost in endless thechnical philosophy, serve your self.

Leo is confused about death.  Massive contradictions. 

Some times he says you will incarnate as Hitler and as everyone and every possible thing. The other day he says death is imaginary you can't die and there is no incarnations. And other times he says you will melt into infinite love forever. 

I suggest don't listen to Leo's stories and find out for yourself. Unfortunately there is only one way to find out ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The problem is, we don't know who or what we are right now. If we take that same ignorance with us through the process of physical dying of the body, how do we expect to know what we are afterwards? The groundwork for this is seeing clearly the present moment. :/ 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Your understanding of death will deepen as your consciousness deepens. At first you will start to open up to reincarnation and stuff like that. But if you become ridiculously conscious you will realize that even reincarnation and past lives is imaginary stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Leo is confused about death.  Massive contradictions. 

Some times he says you will incarnate as Hitler and as everyone and every possible thing. The other day he says death is imaginary you can't die and there is no incarnations. And other times he says you will melt into infinite love forever. 

I suggest don't listen to Leo's stories and find out for yourself. Unfortunately there is only one way to find out ?

The key pont is:

Are you God/Infinite Love if you are not aware you are God/Infinite Love, if you are in mind mode?

Is a dream real while you are dreaming it? The "oh it was just a dream happens when you wake up, but it looks like you want to impose your new perspective to the past.

Could be possible that God exist only when you realize God exist?

Edited by RedLine

I think you don't even need to be enlightened to understand that there's life after death. I think death can be understood logically and from own experience.

After death you (Consciousness) will mysteriously reappear in a different experience. In the same way as you mysteriously always reappear from deep sleep, or from before you were born.

With "mysteriously" I mean you don't know how it happened, it was something which you had no control over.

Your body comes and goes, but reality cannot come and go. Your innermost being is the reality which cannot come and go. It's that which survives death. So the body is like a shell which you have.

"Thus you can throw yourself flat on the ground, stretched out upon Mother Earth, with the certain conviction that you are one with her and she with you. You are as firmly established, as invulnerable as she, indeed a thousand times firmer and more invulnerable. As surely she will engulf you tomorrow, so surely will she bring you forth anew to new striving and suffering."

— Erwin Schrödinger

Edited by Blackhawk

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I think

Nope.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I think

Nope!

It's Love.

We need a new video on death and psychedelics

On 5/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

Your understanding of death will deepen as your consciousness deepens. At first you will start to open up to reincarnation and stuff like that. But if you become ridiculously conscious you will realize that even reincarnation and past lives is imaginary stuff.

this is the truth

On 14/05/2021 at 10:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

The future and past simply do not have any reality whatsoever. You exist as the Eternal NOW. But the problem is you don't know how to stop imagining. You can't help yourself.

@Leo Gura I've heard you say, reality is as it exactly appears. If that is so, is it merely just a fantasy to cling to the hope of and have fantasies of "relative truths" becoming true later on?

.... I have fantasies or hopes where I awaken, but still get to keep my perception/interpretation of the outer world. I will get to keep my interpretation that other people exist, keep my interpretation that time indeed exists, etc. A hope that I can have the "best of both worlds", having my cake and eating it too. Is that all but a myth? 

Solipsism "isn't a bug but a feature". The magnitude of the problem far transcends anything within the confines of a forum or any advice. Because the second I even think in hypotheticals of you Leo being an actual person with their POV who's reading my message, the problem is already arisen. And you Leo are typing of your own accord to someone who you don't know exists either. 

--
Odd question, how connected and grounded do you feel in your body? I've recently opened up to going more meta to "different ways of holding and relating to my body" and my experience regarding why I feel disconnected. Doing shit like going for runs or lying down in the grass with my skin touching 

But I'm curious about whether you feel grounded in physical body, although I know the question might be pointless since I can't project onto you, even if you existed. 
--

And despite all I've written about absolute truth, apparently I can still walk downstairs, cook some pasta and live my life. How odd. And so that's what I'll do 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 14/05/2021 at 2:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

That's the biggest mindfuck of all.

Death never happens. You just imagine it will.

You are Eternal and you will continue to exist as the Eternal NOW forever, as you have been doing forever.

The TV is not affected by anything that happens in the movie. You are like a movie character asking what happens to the TV after the movie ends.

By waking up ;)

If you don't know what death is, you ain't awake.

Here is what I am curious of...

The subjective side of the experience of death. From the subjective PoV is it basically Atheism? I imagine it like when a character disappears in a dream... Where do they go, or return to, or reincarnate as? You see that is sounds silly because there is no reason they return to anything. They just cease to be. Because they never existed.

At the exact point of death, I don't expect myself to, for example, feel myself return to the source then come back out as another creature or w.e... I expect it will be exactly like my experience of you right now, that is, I cannot subjectively as this self magically look through your eyes and then write here what you are looking at. This would not be a possible feat.

If the "I" continues but little-I never knows it and experiences only oblivion, does it matter?

Hm...

14 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

The subjective side of the experience of death. From the subjective PoV is it basically Atheism? I imagine it like when a character disappears in a dream... Where do they go, or return to, or reincarnate as? You see that is sounds silly because there is no reason they return to anything. They just cease to be. Because they never existed.

At the exact point of death, I don't expect myself to, for example, feel myself return to the source then come back out as another creature or w.e... I expect it will be exactly like my experience of you right now, that is, I cannot subjectively as this self magically look through your eyes and then write here what you are looking at. This would not be a possible feat.

If the "I" continues but little-I never knows it and experiences only oblivion, does it matter?

Hm...

Atheism is simply a religious belief in no-god, nothing more. It's not based in experience and isn't even based on scientific evidence. Most nihilists/atheists simply believe it because it provides the with solace and  it gives them permission to not be afraid of going to hell or committing so-called sins etc. Unless death is in your experience there's nothing that you can think or say about it that's not a belief. All I am hearing is expectations, beliefs, hopes and mental masturbation. How did you even confirm that death is a thing? Focus on your direct experience.

15 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Atheism is simply a religious belief in no-god, nothing more. It's not based in experience and isn't even based on scientific evidence. Most nihilists/atheists simply believe it because it provides the with solace and  it gives them permission to not be afraid of going to hell or committing so-called sins etc. Unless death is in your experience there's nothing that you can think or say about it that's not a belief. All I am hearing is expectations, beliefs, hopes and mental masturbation. How did you even confirm that death is a thing? Focus on your direct experience.

Almost all Eastern religions are Atheist philosophies. The Abrahamic God is not impossible in them but irrelevant, so not even really considered.

I do not believe at all that sins matter or anything like that. In fact I am almost certain the typical "heaven forever with relatives" afterlife is basically impossible. It seems easier for people with Eastern type beliefs to disprove it than it is for materialst Atheists, because the direct experience of ego death etc. is completely contrary to Abrahamic promises... How does the form-having ego me exist forever in paradise when it cannot even survive a drug trip?

I think what we all are, which you can call "God" (and I have myself) if you want, is a "True Neutral".

On death, you or I are equal to Hitler. This I can basically prove to you I think, because awareness itself is a binary. Some Buddhists etc. set a point in the Bardo which a person cannot come back from. So beyond that the other parts of the Bardo are just Abrahamic type feel-good guesswork.

Edited by RMQualtrough

On 5/15/2021 at 11:23 PM, Alex_R said:

We need a new video on death and psychedelics

Agree, plenty of "outdated" teachings haha

14 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Almost all Eastern religions are Atheist philosophies. The Abrahamic God is not impossible in them but irrelevant, so not even really considered.

I do not believe at all that sins matter or anything like that. In fact I am almost certain the typical "heaven forever with relatives" afterlife is basically impossible. It seems easier for people with Eastern type beliefs to disprove it than it is for materialst Atheists, because the direct experience of ego death etc. is completely contrary to Abrahamic promises... How does the form-having ego me exist forever in paradise when it cannot even survive a drug trip?

I think what we all are, which you can call "God" (and I have myself) if you want, is a "True Neutral".

On death, you or I are equal to Hitler. This I can basically prove to you I think, because awareness itself is a binary. Some Buddhists etc. set a point in the Bardo which a person cannot come back from. So beyond that the other parts of the Bardo are just Abrahamic type feel-good guesswork.

Whether almost eastern religions are atheist philosophies or not is irrelevant for even if all of them were atheist philosophies it still wouldn't make consensus a measure of truth. If one is interested in belief systems then by all means one can believe whatever they want so they can sleep well, if one is interested in direct experience then philosophies and -isms are irrelevant. Again what you believe is irrelevant whether its about sins, or heavens or gods. You can believe anything you want - you can believe that there are two gods and that sins only matter for one of them and that the other one will protect you from the first one. That you are equal to Hitler on death is also a belief. I can keep going on like that for almost everything you say because it seems to be rooted in beliefs and wishful thinking than in direct experience.

How is awareness binary though?

On 5/18/2021 at 6:05 AM, lmfao said:

@Leo Gura I've heard you say, reality is as it exactly appears. If that is so, is it merely just a fantasy to cling to the hope of and have fantasies of "relative truths" becoming true later on?

.... I have fantasies or hopes where I awaken, but still get to keep my perception/interpretation of the outer world. I will get to keep my interpretation that other people exist, keep my interpretation that time indeed exists, etc. A hope that I can have the "best of both worlds", having my cake and eating it too. Is that all but a myth? 

You can have some degree of wokeness while keeping those fantasies. But you won't reach the highest levels of wokeness unless you're willing to surrender them.

Solipsism "isn't a bug but a feature". The magnitude of the problem far transcends anything within the confines of a forum or any advice. Because the second I even think in hypotheticals of you Leo being an actual person with their POV who's reading my message, the problem is already arisen. And you Leo are typing of your own accord to someone who you don't know exists either. 

Look, in the end it's very simple. Do you want to know Truth? If you do, you'll be willing to surrender all your ideas to attain it.

Whatever is True, is True. There's really no need to worry about it. If solipsism is false, then why you worried about it? And if it's true, why are you worried about it?

15 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

The subjective side of the experience of death.

Subjectively, relatively, I've experienced it as melting into Infinite Love. It feels like you melt into the entire Universe.

But even this is not quite correct because from the Absolute POV death simply never even happens. It cannot happen. There is only Consciousness and nothing else. Death is imaginary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

41 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

How is awareness binary though?

There aren't really good enough words in the English language, but I am using awareness to mean literally JUST awareness.

And consciousness to mean how we experience it as humans. That would be anything on top like a thought or feeling or even self awareness.

Awareness by literal dictionary definition, is not a thing but more like a state of being. Thing A either has knowledge of thing B (in which case it is AWARE of it) or it doesn't. There is no in between. If something is not absolutely 100% unaware of a something else, then it has to be "aware" to some degree. Really there is no "degree" because to give a degree is always defining awareness PLUS something-else.

E.g. to humans when people are seriously injured and out of it, we might call them "semi conscious" because we are using the strength of the human faculties which are still online to determine how conscious someone is. But it does not mean the actual awareness in and of itself is altered. Consciousness is. Not that.

Awareness NEVER EVER EVER changes. EVER. Only what appears TO it. An insect has awareness, the only difference between us and an insect is that different things are appearing to the "I". To the insect that might be very simple consciousness that can determine where food is and reproduce. For us it is much more complex. But the awareness in both must be 100% identical in nature.

Because awareness when conscious experience is taken away is irreducible. Indivisible. You can't break it down into something smaller. It either IS aware or isn't.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever is True, is True. There's really no need to worry about it. If solipsism is false, then why you worried about it? And if it's true, why are you worried about it?

Exactly Lol

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever is True, is True. There's really no need to worry about it. If solipsism is false, then why you worried about it? And if it's true, why are you worried about it?

Got ya. Imma chill it, just a smidge bit 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.