Striving for more

My anti - perspirant contains aluminum

13 posts in this topic

Aluminum : Mentioned in ACC guide as toxic heavy metal

I use roll on anti pesrpirant, so I have been rubbing aluminum on to my armpits twice a day?

Why is this legal?

What is a natural deoderant & anti persperant. 

What about fragrance / perfume? Apparently girls love this smell, are perfumes bad too ?

@Striving for more hey that's not good.  Don't use it again. You have no idea,  that thing is very dangerous when it gets into your blood. 

Use organic fragrant soaps. And natural essential oils even if they are expensive, they don't come with such effects. 

Find natural ways. Flowers, oils etc 

Your own body smell is attractive, don't demonize it. You'll begin to enjoy your own body odor if you try to. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Easy to find natural ones online.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Striving for more said:

What about fragrance / perfume? Apparently girls love this smell, are perfumes bad too ?

Most perfumes are just cocktails of chemicals, there is nothing natural there. Apply few drops of some rosemary oil or lavender oil on your neck ad you'll attract the right types of girls :D However, from the bigger picture perspective, perfumes are the lesser evil compared to living in a busy city, not filtering one's water, eating non-organic meats etc. If you care about toxin elimination start with the food, the water and the air you breathe (this can be hard thou if you live in city). Everything else is minor compared to those. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Is potassium alum rock deodorant safe to use? 

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

Those heavy metals are everywhere and naturally occurring, so it's not weird that it's legal to put them in products. People have even used aluminum in food for years, (baking powder, antacids). Often as you start using more natural products you will begin to feel a heightened sensitivity to toxic products. Artificial fragrances decrease sensitivity to smell, they are like sensory clutter. It's the equivalent of living in a hoarder's house with newspapers and books stacked to the ceiling. Scented laundry detergent is a major source of chemical fragrance. You don't realize how much your senses open up until you get rid of them. There are much milder natural fragrances that are nice, or essential oils if you do well with them. 

I've always gotten some sort of pain, ill effects or headaches from most artificial products so I've been on the natural bandwagon for a really long time. It starts to just become intuitive when something isn't beneficial and you don't need to constantly read articles online about what's bad or evil or toxic anymore. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Aluminum : Mentioned in ACC guide as toxic heavy metal

I use roll on anti pesrpirant, so I have been rubbing aluminum on to my armpits twice a day?

Why is this legal?

What is a natural deoderant & anti persperant. 

I've been happily using Arm and Hammer Essentials for years. It's aluminum, parabens, phthalates, colorants, and animal by-product free. It comes in unscented (if you can find it) and a considerable variety of scents all from essential plant oils and extracts. The stick is sodium stearate, glycols, and water based; aka gentle moisturizer soap. This "deoderant" is actually dry use moisturizer soap scented with essential oils and with some baking soda thrown in. Be aware it is water soluble and while it works great all day in a climate controlled to warm environment, if you are laboring in the hot sun or going for a run the stuff basically melts off.

Besides working well except when getting really wet, the best things about it is it's readily available at most drugstores and superstores (Walmart has a limited scent selection but the cheapest price around here at $2.50) and it's Very affordable compared to it's healthy "natural" and "organic" competitors. 

If you go looking for it be sure you get "Essentials" as Arm and Hammer also makes normal metals filled less healthy deoderants.

@Michael569 Do you think living in a green side of a city helps in any meaningful way or if overall your city is polluted  you're screwed regardless? 

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

Do you think living in a green side of a city helps in any meaningful way or if overall your city is polluted  you're screwed regardless?

Definitely helps. The VOCs, PAHs and all those car exhausts concentrate on the main roads so living off the main traffic will be helpful. Funny enough the sunnier it is, the worst it gets so avoid the major streets during the nicest days where those volatile compounds are being turned into ozone through the contact with UV light of the sun. This is when the smog is the most toxic and when allergies and asthma attacks get the worst as well 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Anti-perspirants in general are bad because they block the body's main route of detoxification, which is through sweating.

Much of the bad smell is also simply the body detoxing the very deodorant that's supposed to reduce your body odor, ironically. And aside from that it's diet - if you smell bad without a deodorant, your body is toxic. Eat a lot of high quality pasture meats, raw dairy if you can source it, only organic plant foods and don't overdo the spices. Obviously cut all junk food too.

It'll take a few weeks to months to improve, though you can speed up sweating all the toxicity out with 30-45 mins hot baths (40-41C). Eventually you'll just have a natural smell that is not unpleasant. I shower once a month in average and don't use deodorant at all and I'm good. And it's not genetic because I always used to stink very easily.

Edited by Village

@Striving for more what is it like to rub heavy metal which are toxic on the body?? I use selinium to remove it and feel great. What is it like to add it?

10 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Striving for more My personal go to

61cAF39agCL._SY355_.jpg

same

tom's is the best if you are in the US

do some searching if you aren't

I'm sure you can find something local without aluminum