Someone here

Enlightenment is NOT about seeking a state

75 posts in this topic

@The0SelfAwakening can't be taught.   One has to reach it for themselves.   The issue with the no self folks or the neo adviata crap is most likely their Awakening was conceptual and not actual.  Which is a shame. Of course being a shame is relative.  Everything happens precisely as it is.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Live in the present moment so fully, that you can't chase anything anymore, because there is nothing to chase if you're content and fulfilled by resting as yourself.
If you can actually manage to get to that point, then enlightenment is only a matter of time, because the very nature of the illusive sense of self is seeking ...

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

However, if you cultivate your consciousness & keep watering the garden of your mind, and stay healthy in body & mind, then sure, it's easily possible to basically more or less keep the state of deep inner peace/freedom/free expression until your death, thus making it seem like it was a permanent thing for all your poor ignorant followers. :-)

You don't need any of that. all mental sufferings excluding headaches and so on, are all illusions by mind/ego what the F you want to call it. That's it. Read self-help books if you want to resolve your mental sufferings, rather chasing some magical experience, It's better and easier that way.  Fuck some ninjas lurking around and telling you stuff "you need to be peaceful" "you need to not get angry"..."you need to blast off on psychedelics and fly to the 10th dimension".. They're just mentally masturbating over you. 

-Osho

When realization happens that there is no you, therefore no such a thing as state thats enlightenment, but after that realization there is no such a thing as enlightenment for enlightened one. Lol ? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Live in the present moment so fully, that you can't chase anything anymore, because there is nothing to chase if you're content and fulfilled by resting as yourself.

A theme of your posts seem to be stuck on an idea of "chasing". 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

A theme of your posts seem to be stuck on an idea of "chasing". 

That's right. 

chasing /Effort could probably also be referred to as a doing. Any response experience/knowledge/memory(time) to arrive/attain/accomplish a state of contentment/satisfaction/happiness. To seek in time a state of wholeness. Which is what divided action in the first place. That is what sustains the divison between the observer and the observed.  This leads to that fragmented incomplete sense of being. 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That's right. 

chasing /Effort could probably also be referred to as a doing. Any response experience/knowledge/memory(time) to arrive/attain/accomplish a state of contentment/satisfaction/happiness. To seek in time a state of wholeness. Which is what divided action in the first place. That is what sustains the divison between the observer and the observed.  This leads to that fragmented incomplete sense of being. 

When I mentioned your posts have a theme of being stuck in "chasing", you dove deeper into that whirlpool. 

I'm not saying it's wrong. If you want to spend time and effort swimming in that pool - go for it. Yet it is a whirlpool. 

@Forestluv i should say it makes no difference if you chase enlightenment or if you Beileve that you already enlightened. Stop seeking - keep seeking makes no difference. You can't escape what is. 

Any action influenced by knowledge/experience/memory is a divided action of the self. A two step process of action. 

Holisitc insight/action is not split/divided. 

Either or is still positive/negative action of a self. 

People may assume that positive (or identifying) actions may reinforce self more than negative (or disidentifying) actions, but both reinforce self. 

So ultimately it makes no difference to chase or to stop chasing. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Forestluv 

@Someone here what you are missing is that reality is paradoxical and transcends logic.   You are trying to capture awakening with logic. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Forestluv i should say it makes no difference if you chase enlightenment or if you Beileve that you already enlightened. Stop seeking - keep seeking makes no difference. You can't escape what is. 

Any action influenced by knowledge/experience/memory is a divided action of the self. A two step process of action. 

Holisitc insight/action is not split/divided. 

Either or is still positive/negative action of a self. 

People may assume that positive (or identifying) actions may reinforce self more than negative (or disidentifying) actions, but both reinforce self. 

The whirlpool goes round and round. . . Some beings stay in the same whirlpool for years, even a lifetime.

I prefer to jumps whirlpools. 

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Someone here what you are missing is that reality is paradoxical and transcends logic.   You are trying to capture awakening with logic. 

No that's not what I'm missing. That's exactly what I expressed in the post you quoted lol 

-Osho

Awakening aint got nothing to do with chasing, not chasing, or you.

There is witnessing the thinking & writing posts about chasing, not chasing, and enlightenment.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No that's not what I'm missing. That's exactly what I expressed in the post you quoted lol 

Now you just gotta  wake up :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Oh, I thought this was a Wendy's.

hrhrhtewgfegege

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The whirlpool goes round and round. . . Some beings stay in the same whirlpool for years, even a lifetime.

I prefer to jumps whirlpools. 

What I'm expressing is pretty simple. Take it or leave it. You seem to also be stuck on chasing psychedelic experiences thinking that some day in the future you will reach a critical point of insight and BOOM.. "enlightenment will happen". Well that's pretty much the biggest obstacle to enlightment as taught in ancient wisdom. Thinking that you need to be somewhere else and cultivate a different state of mind. Cultivation is the selfs/egos best friend. 

The ending means the ending of continuity/cultivation, progression. 

That may be why it takes so long. To depend on time. The ego always gets what is wants. To push freedom in time. Pretty groovy dude. 

-Osho

@Someone here just an advice. Enlightenment has nothing to do with psychedelics. It is just a realization of there is no such a thing as monkey mind, there is nothing there. Not fantastic, amazing vsvs. Simply being what you already are.  Thats it. Just go in front of the mirror and think is there anything happening in your so called head? Thats it. Whoever takes psychedelics they experience mystical stuff. Lol. Enlightenment has nothing to do with experiencing. Lol. ??? 

@Someone here

Feel different? I feel like ya feel different, the done fuckin around kind. ?? 

Wouldn’t rule out psychedelics btw. Yes, it’s experience, appearance, but also best rides in the park. 

Well being, and no self referential beating up, absolutely none, no matter what, comes to mind. Happy and excited for ya brother. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Wouldn’t rule out psychedelics btw. Yes, it’s experience, appearance, but also best rides in the park. 

Dont you think that it serves to ego? Mind is already confused, dont you think that it will easily mislead as saying i am god? ? or experiencing the mystical god head? ? psychedelics are like using the best tools to cheat to win and take shortcut, however just cheating the self. Lol. ?  thats why self gets more confused. And enlightenment becomes more impossible than used to be. Such as the forum, at least half of the forum uses psychedelics but except you (no you) lol, none of them awake. Moreover, they are more lost on the path.

Edited by James123

@James123 It can serve as a catalyst to take the path more seriously and learn as much as possible.

I'm not enlightened but I've had a few peak experiences on LSD that caused me to turn all my attention to the path.

Ending up finding teachers like Rupert Spira, Fred Davis etc and my practice has grown exponentially.

You can delude yourself and the mind just claims all the insights etc but they can make the path real for a lot of people, especially intellectuals who can believe they know more than they understand.

@Someone here You are baking the cake, and when it is ready it will be time to flambé it with a flare of 5 meo.

@James123

you are right. psychedelics are not there to seek experiences. These can occur but its usefulness is another. is to detach the ego from you. Without them, that detachment for a moment that makes you see the deception in which you are immersed can be almost impossible. If you use them as a tool for this purpose, their usefulness is enormous. my mind 10 months ago that was when I started with this process, and now, they are two different worlds. There is still egoic mucus stuck like a helmet on my head, but I take it off every day. The emptiness is intuited every moment, the meditation is increasing every day, and self-referential madness is the twentieth part. thanks to the tremendous help from this forum as well. There was never anything more useful for the search for the truth, in the history of humankind. it is not little imo