Raphael

How Can Some People Work 10+ Hours / Day?

32 posts in this topic

It depends on what kind of work you do. If you are programmer and you have low energy you will have a hard time working 10 hours. But if you are a babysitter, you can easily work 10-12 hours. I know people who are no babysitters but do the same level of intensity work and they work 10 hours per day.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Average Investor on point. Working all day, but for what? A 40h week is more than enough.

@Eternal Unity  to answer emails and make sport, lol? ;)

That's where being self employed or highly skilled (with no supply for your skills on the market) comes in handy. I call it (based on Eckhart Tolle) "The Power of No" , hahaha..

Have a nice day guys

I worked 11a-9:30p at a women's department store for a while. With a 1 hour lunch break. Physical work. It didn't bother me at all. Maybe because I used it as pickup practice. I have a history with high level competitive sports since I was 10, so maybe that trained my work capacity. Squatting 315 lb deep leaves me more drained than a 10 hour work day. Mentally demanding tasks might be a different story, but I was planning to be a doctor at one point and the undergraduate course load I was taking + the planning with this goal in mind came pretty close. Meditation at high levels can be very demanding as well, when done with enough complexity to induce the flow state.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self

To me the point is not that people work many hours AND get shit done, the point is that workaholics work STUPID for many hours while achieving not much AND stressing all the people like hell.

In my mind this is one prime problem in the work world today. People work too much, get not much done and stressing the adjacent people

That's less than 50% of the time, are you kidding me?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

4 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

That's less than 50% of the time, are you kidding me?

you mean 10h? if you sleep 8h, eat for a minimum of 1h and do other stuff like cleaning and hygiene a minimum of 1h.. it's 70%

i don't do it unless i'd get much much money or learn important stuff

In my Opinion we would generally do better with less busy work and more planning.. but that's a complex issue

Done it a few times, many hours put througout the days. The way I'm working now is more balanced than before. Previous jobs I had to work almost non-stop. This time I'm still working long hours but the work isn't as constant. Meaning that I have time like this to sit in a forum or watch my favourite youtubers. But the time spent in work does gives me less time at work where I could shoot videos or work on my business. So there's a trade-off there.

Working 10+hours does a toll on your body, but it gives you more money per hour if your work is hourly paid. But if you're looking to work more on your life purpose or whatever side business you have other than your main job(which can be your life purpose) is really up to you.

On 27/04/2021 at 6:23 PM, supremeyingyang said:

you mean 10h? if you sleep 8h, eat for a minimum of 1h and do other stuff like cleaning and hygiene a minimum of 1h.. it's 70%

i don't do it unless i'd get much much money or learn important stuff

In my Opinion we would generally do better with less busy work and more planning.. but that's a complex issue

You see work as a tiring thing, but that's not what a passion turned into work is.

If you work is your passion, 40 hours is nothing.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Raphael

It definitely depends on what you consider “work”.

No, I could not do some tedious, menial task like data entry 10+ hours a day. That sounds like my definition of hell.

But if I’m given a variety of tasks I feel strongly about, I can certainly go for 10+ hours. In this case, I’m likely to not feel as if I’m “working” at all, even though there’s an obvious energy expenditure.

The key for me is shaking up the monotony, being purpose driven, and short breaks. If I really don’t feel called to do something, I usually won’t. And this means that when I do feel called to do something, I can focus and go all in. At least ideally.

On 29/04/2021 at 1:37 PM, Shin said:

You see work as a tiring thing, but that's not what a passion turned into work is.

If you work is your passion, 40 hours is nothing.

if;)

On 29/04/2021 at 6:29 PM, aurum said:

@Raphael

It definitely depends on what you consider “work”.

No, I could not do some tedious, menial task like data entry 10+ hours a day. That sounds like my definition of hell.

But if I’m given a variety of tasks I feel strongly about, I can certainly go for 10+ hours. In this case, I’m likely to not feel as if I’m “working” at all, even though there’s an obvious energy expenditure.

The key for me is shaking up the monotony, being purpose driven, and short breaks. If I really don’t feel called to do something, I usually won’t. And this means that when I do feel called to do something, I can focus and go all in. At least ideally.

true, this is the ideal i strieve towards as well:)