MuriloPais

Adyashanti quote

13 posts in this topic

As long as you are trying to become, trying to get somewhere, trying to attain something, you are quite literally moving away from Truth itself. ~ Adyashanti

This quote blew my mind haha, it is talking about that Idea that truth is the now, whey you try something, means you are not being the pure consciousness of present moment?

More ideas of this?

3 hours ago, MuriloPais said:

As long as you are trying to become, trying to get somewhere, trying to attain something, you are quite literally moving away from Truth itself. ~ Adyashanti

This quote blew my mind haha, it is talking about that Idea that truth is the now, whey you try something, means you are not being the pure consciousness of present moment?

More ideas of this?

Trying not to try is what spirituality is all about... :D

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

He is good ?...

Although you can't really move closer or further away from that which is everything. The moving away from truth is just a concept of the mind.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yep, Truth is what is. In fact, it would be more accurate to say that 'Truth just is'.

Every thing you want to attain or achieve means that you are directing your energy towards something that isn't. That's ego and survival. 

What I like about that quote is that it plainly says the action of trying is what keeps you from realising. Very nice!

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

It's funny that he says that when he spent 15 years meditating for several hours a day (if I remember correctly) until, according to him, he became enlightened

Edited by Breakingthewall

don't ignore the flip-side though

suit up show up shut up

then let god and or the meditation do the you in

you can't do a thing but the right circumstances need to be created for truth to happen

don't fool yourself that this is all magic

Edited by gettoefl

On 15/04/2021 at 1:25 AM, Shanmugam said:

Trying not to try is what spirituality is all about... :D

Incredible! Thinking about this in this week and i agree completely 

On 15.4.2021 at 3:06 AM, MuriloPais said:

There are a few common traps with this pointer (as with all pointers). For instance, does this mean you don't need to do any spiritual practice? Well, all the teachers who say these things did tons of practice, so that can't be right.

Maybe it's more about the way you're supposed to do the practice? Well, there is really only one way to do the practice, and that is to actually do it. The idea that meditation is something that should be effortless is actually you forcing something onto the situation ("it's supposed to be this and not this").

You can't try to not try. That is actually the very reason why you have to do the practice. If meditation feels effortless for you, that's OK. If you feel like you have to make an effort, that's OK as well. Your only job is to do the practice. There is no person to make an effort in the first place, so you shouldn't worry about that.

Then what is the problem? Well, it's the worry. My advice is to keep a consistent daily practice where you pick one time of the day where you devote all your attention to just that practice. No immediate breaks, no checking the phone, no doing it while standing in line or waiting on the bus. When you're not practicing, you live your life.

This is how you avoid the trap of worrying that you're trying too hard or not trying too hard. The mistake is actually not that you're trying too hard; it's when it's coming from a place of compulsion and a feeling of lack, a.k.a worry. It's not the feeling of effort that is bad, rather it's the fear that you're not making enough effort (or not being effortless enough).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:02 PM, Breakingthewall said:

It's funny that he says that when he spent 15 years meditating for several hours a day (if I remember correctly) until, according to him, he became enlightened

Yes that’s my only critique of this pointer. I specifically remember him saying in a video that at his peak he was spending 4 hours a day meditating... like god damn dude that’s going to have some type of measurable effect on perception and one’s understanding of self and world. 

My personal approach has been try to practice my ass off like these spiritual masters but always, ALWAYS, remember and actively recognize the meta-context that reality is already perfect, and truth is already what is. Primordial perfection, absolute truth, could never not be the case. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, Breakingthewall said:

He is speaking from a post-enlightenment perspective. The seeker still needs to make efforts. If we looked at this statistically, his statement would show itself to be pretty shitty lol. How many became enlightened after sincere efforts vs. those who became enlightened without any efforts. Eckhart Tolle is the only example I’ve heard of who had it happen more or less accidentally. But it is true for Adyashanti’s life and once you’ve had the experiences to recognize where you’re trying to not go. 

He is a great teacher. This is just spoken at a very specific part on the path which doesn’t necessarily help those at all other stages. Ultimately you cannot move from the Truth. It is everywhere and inescapable. What we’re trying to do is become actively conscious that what we’re experiencing already is Truth. Good luck doing that without practice. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Good quote!

although it's perfectly fine to have a desire to be more free / break free of the invisible bars the ego is setting up all around yo

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.