Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soularlight

What if it is absolutely effortless and easy to BE The Truth NOW?

55 posts in this topic

Just now, Someone here said:

No. My question is how does being here and now related to happiness? What if the here and now contained suffering? 

I don't think effortlessness equals happiness. Maybe OP does, in which case they would be deluded, imo.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Someone here

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What if the here and now contained suffering? 

Does it? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Someone here

Does it? 

Sometimes. For sure. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 hours ago, soularlight said:

I do not believe suffering is necessary, and I do not relate suffering to pain. Pain happens, it is a sensation. Suffering is when I resist the pain and create a story around it. 

There is an aspect of all of us that is happy no matter what. It is beyond thinking. It is always here. It can be discovered. First hand experience. The body can be in pain, and still there can be happiness. This is my experience. 

Well said ?

"There is no peace of mind, there is peace or mind" Osho

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Sometimes. For sure. 

When? Now? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

4 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

When? Now? 

No lol 

-Osho

There will always be apparent inconveniences or emotionally tough situations.

It's not avoidance,becoming naive or dis-attached to these situations, it's accepting them exactly the way they are(non resistance) and then adjusting. Riding the wave of change, not drowning in it.

When the judgmental illusory 'YOU' gets out of the way, it just flows.

Or

"If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.”

- Eckhart Tolle ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@soularlight I'm not sure where it started that enlightenment brings happiness and an end to suffering.   Enlightenment is simply the realization that the you you believed you were is an illusion.  When it is realized the illusion collapses leaving Being or Actuality.  This is what is referred to as mystical because Being is prior to any type of conceptual realization which is still being made by the ego mind, wherein enlightenment is the collapse of the ego mind.  Thats pretty much it.  There is bliss with this realization because you are one with reality itself...the best way to put it is you ARE reality.  This isn't some special state as people confuse it with the ego seeking something - it is actually the complete lack of ego.  it just is what it is.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

For example can you be happy while In pain or suffering from a disease? 

Yes you can. SDS is a great way to cultivate this level of understanding. 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

For example can you be happy while In pain or suffering from a disease

"be happy" seems to be overloaded, "at peace" is a better pointer imho

what arises now terrible

what arises not terrific

take each first letter of these sentences

these are the two sentences that come up in meditation

i want to change the perfect exquisite flawless now and insert some illusory objects into it

how stupid

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Yes, and it's also a great way to fuck up your blood circulation.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

No. My question is how does being here and now related to happiness? What if the here and now contained suffering? 

Because suffering is a narrative that mind builds. 

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Yes, and it's also a great way to fuck up your blood circulation.

Only if you're not working up to it. The body slowly develops physical pliancy with meditation posture over time. As the body's physical pliancy grows, pushing SDS times are very safe. If you're intelligent, strategic about SDS working with the body rather than brute forcing your way through it is powerful. 

The number 1 rule with SDS is don't hurt the body.

18 hours ago, Consilience said:

What is SDS? 

17 hours ago, RedLine said:

Because suffering is a narrative that mind builds. 

No. Suffering is physical. 

18 hours ago, allislove said:

"be happy" seems to be overloaded, "at peace" is a better pointer imho

Not necessarily. You can be sick and disturbred. This whole happiness /peace is your true nature is BS in my humble opinion. 

-Osho

@Someone here

To have sickness there should be reality inside which it manifests. That reality is never disturbed. And that reality is the only reality, your true nature.

@Consilience

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bed-sores/symptoms-causes/syc-20355893

Causes

Bedsores are caused by pressure against the skin that limits blood flow to the skin. Limited movement can make skin vulnerable to damage and lead to development of bedsores.

Three primary contributing factors for bedsores are:

Pressure. Constant pressure on any part of your body can lessen the blood flow to tissues. Blood flow is essential for delivering oxygen and other nutrients to tissues. Without these essential nutrients, skin and nearby tissues are damaged and might eventually die.

For people with limited mobility, this kind of pressure tends to happen in areas that aren't well padded with muscle or fat and that lie over a bone, such as the spine, tailbone, shoulder blades, hips, heels and elbows.

Friction. Friction occurs when the skin rubs against clothing or bedding. It can make fragile skin more vulnerable to injury, especially if the skin is also moist.

Shear. Shear occurs when two surfaces move in the opposite direction. For example, when a bed is elevated at the head, you can slide down in bed. As the tailbone moves down, the skin over the bone might stay in place — essentially pulling in the opposite direction.

Risk factors

Your risk of developing bedsores is higher if you have difficulty moving and can't change position easily while seated or in bed. Risk factors include:

Immobility. This might be due to poor health, spinal cord injury and other causes.

Incontinence. Skin becomes more vulnerable with extended exposure to urine and stool.

Lack of sensory perception. Spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders and other conditions can result in a loss of sensation. An inability to feel pain or discomfort can result in not being aware of warning signs and the need to change position.

Poor nutrition and hydration. People need enough fluids, calories, protein, vitamins and minerals in their daily diets to maintain healthy skin and prevent the breakdown of tissues.

Medical conditions affecting blood flow. Health problems that can affect blood flow, such as diabetes and vascular disease, can increase the risk of tissue damage such as bedsores.

Edited by Gesundheit

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No. Suffering is physical.

Most suffering is psychological ime. In the past, I used to suffer like 10000% more than I suffer now. Thanks to enlightenment work, I learned how I was creating most of my suffering unconsciously, how to remove it, and how to stop creating it anymore.

Edited by Gesundheit