Uchral

Is Leo Gura Delusional?

58 posts in this topic

Did you arrive at that conclusion through your own thinking or through that of someone you look up to?

@AtheisticNonduality After years of watching his contents, He gradually became a delusional man. It's better to stay away this man because his contents will make you confuse about reality and waste your time. 

Everyone is delusional to some extent, but Leo Gura is not building a cult, you can stop watching his videos and using this forum any time you want, he will not try to manipulate you into watching his content, although people can get addicted to it. 

Can you be a bit more specific? As far as I understand his teachings one shouldn't believe him but see if you can get on your own to the same conclusions. Up to now there are some things I disagree with him about his views on career but the map about reality and healing he gave us is astonishing good, even though I walk on my on pace. 

@Uchral I don't blame you for thinking that initially. My advice is to keep open the possibility of this not being a cult. Do lots of research. Scour his website. Check out his cult psychology videos. Try to figure out the main messages behind his content. Is there anything shady here? Does it seem like Leo is trying to hide anything? Try to do this is a non-judgmental and non-biased way. Watch out for confirmation bias. 

Leo says things you disagree with and no one in this forum (Leo included) feels accountable to you, personally, in explaining the reasonableness of his ideas. And so you conclude that he is a cult leader and everyone here is a part of his cult. Is that about right?

I also think he's delusional sometimes, specifically when he talks about absolute love and that nonsense. But cult leader is clearly way off. Although I cannot know his intention.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

You guys are pretty defensive about him, I understand. Because you guys probably watched a ton of his contents. 

2 minutes ago, Uchral said:

You guys are pretty defensive about him, I understand. Because you guys probably watched a ton of his contents. 

If you actually explained what you mean with some evidence so we could understand it better, you would get better responses. Instead, what we find here is one-liners with generic criticism.

2 minutes ago, Uchral said:

What do you suggest that people reply to your single sentence "I think he is a cult leader"? You think so? You may. Is that it?

I mean, the guy’s got a booklist. Maybe read those peoples work instead lol. 

He obviously parasitizing on you guys. You guys are feeding him so that he can smoke his 5-MeO-DMT. 

17 minutes ago, Uchral said:

He obviously parasitizing on you guys. You guys are feeding him so that he can smoke his 5-MeO-DMT. 

Why do you care? Not that I'm granting the legitimacy of what you're saying, but even if what you're saying were true, why would you care? What is it to you? You said before " his contents will make you confuse about reality and waste your time". Well, OK. I'm sorry you feel you have wasted your time following his material. Truly. Now why don't you go somewhere where you find more knowledge, wisdom, insight, compassion, etc? A lot of us find wisdom on this forum, which is why we are here, but of course to each his own...

Edited by Boethius

@Uchral Okay so you don't want an authentic answer to your question; your mind is already made up.

You are seeing the appearance that forum users are defending Leo because you are only here to look for people who agree with you without a discussion. To have a discussion of substance is to genuinely care about the truth. The opposite of a discussion is to isolate your beliefs and try to tug people over to your viewpoint. Anything that people say on this forum that doesn't fit your belief system is more evidence that this is a cult.

I told you to watch out for confirmation bias...

Dont feed the troll.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think his new content is too focused on society stuff. Hence the cultish vibe. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia