freejoy

Do Psychedelics Make Us More Loving?

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering if Psychedelics help us become more God like after the effects ware off?

@freejoy

The anecdotal (and now scientific) evidence would seem to suggest yes.

But wouldn't it be better to try it for yourself? Assuming you've taken all the necessary precautions and done the foundational work.

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@freejoy

The anecdotal (and now scientific) evidence would seem to suggest yes.

But wouldn't it be better to try it for yourself? Assuming you've taken all the necessary precautions and done the foundational work.

I've been doing research what other Enlightened Ones have to say about it.

Dr David Hawkins says there are karmic consequences to taking short cuts to Enlightenment.

Tom Campbell says that drugs can create the same "experience" of enlightenment but generally doesn't change behavior at the being level. He sees life as a mission to reduce entropy by becoming love.

Dr David Hawkins also doesn't recommend things and practices that raise the Kundalini.

psychedelics can be great teachers

you then gotta put in the work your self

psychedelics surely have helped me become more in tune with my emotions, thus also more loving I'd say yes

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 19/03/2021 at 6:35 PM, freejoy said:

Just wondering if Psychedelics help us become more God like after the effects ware off?

You are infinitely loving. Do you disagree? Probably because you have a belief about yourself and how loving you are. 

If you take a psychedelic, all your beliefs will be relaxed, you'll literally believe them less. Maybe you'll realize a thing or two. Those realizations will stay with you as memories but the belief relaxing effect of the psychedelic will wear off.

This can be good or bad. Not only your bad beliefs will be relaxed, the ones you consider useful will as well. You probably believe the floor is solid. You might stop believing that. Other crazy beliefs might "slip in" and give you a bad trip. How can you mitigate that and ensure the psychedelics are properly used to challenge the beliefs you need to have challenged? I would argue that's what meditation is for. It gives you a framework for eliminating beliefs and then you can use the psychedelic as some kind of "booster" to get meditation results faster.

On 20/03/2021 at 9:35 AM, freejoy said:

They don’t “make you” anything. They show you truths of which you can choose to make of what you wish.

You can recognise them for what they are or distort them to fulfil some selfish desire.

Not for me yet. I’ve only used 1p LSD once and did not feel more loving at all. I’m hoping it will next time. I personally struggle with lack of enough empathy 

Psychedelics can make you into ruthless warrior.

"Methodological use of psychedelics for consciousness work" (it is a shame we and Leo lazily shorten it to "psychedelics") will certainly make you more loving. Im a living example of that.

On 19.03.2021 at 11:35 PM, freejoy said:

Yes, for weeks after a trip.

You become loving, grateful and humble. It depends on a dose of course, too. Trips on the high doses will humble you more.

Agree with the general consensus of yes. Having a rock solid daily meditation practice allows the changes to take root and produce lasting change. Using psychedelics without serious meditation is a huge waste of potential. 

For me, Yes.

For others? Not sure. I've seen psychedelics ruin lives. Some people can't handle what it brings up.