Phyllis Wagner

Do you ever feel like spirituality is a scam?

20 posts in this topic

Do you ever feel like you've been scammed? Like all insights are just cheap sayings people post on facebook along with their selfies while you think you've stumbled upon something deep and read way too much into it. That you delude yourself that you are thinking deep about reality when really all your thoughts are just cringe-worthy? Like all other people are smart enough to accept that there are no answers to the ultimate questions but you just keep on reading and doing all this crap to convince yourself you are doing something significant? 

I am not in a bad mood or anything, but I feel like that sometimes and I wonder if you do too.

Greetings.

@Phyllis Wagner the ego doesn't want anything to do with spirituality so yes it will make you doubt looking into the nature of existence.  The self deception runs deep.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I had this fear until I meditated and literally lost my mind. There is nothing you can say to make me have that fear ever again. My main fear now is actually from the fact that it's way too real.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard That sounds like some christian saying:” You just need to pray hard , man!” ? 

Not picking a verbal fight here. just to clarify...

Just now, At awe said:

@Carl-Richard That sounds like some christian saying:” You just need to pray hard , man!” ? 

It should sound too good to be true because it is.

9 minutes ago, At awe said:

This is exactly it. Makes you feel like you are in a bubble and everyone is telling you not to question it.

1 minute ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

This is exactly it. Makes you feel like you are in a bubble and everyone is telling you not to question it.

I'm not telling you not to question it. I'm just telling what I feel.

2 minutes ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

Sounds like you spend lots of time reading and feeding the mind with spiritual concepts. Orient more towards practices, experiences, realizations , and less on intelectual understanding

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

41 minutes ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

Like all insights are just cheap sayings people post on facebook along with their selfies

If you treat it as such, then that will be how you feel. Have you established a daily spiritual practice?

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you treat it as such, then that will be how you feel. Have you established a daily spiritual practice?

Yeah daily meditation for 4 years, had weird experiences and tried psychedelics. still... DOUBT! xD 

Just now, Phyllis Wagner said:

Yeah daily meditation for 4 years, had weird experiences and tried psychedelics. still... DOUBT! xD 

"Weird" experiences? Not "oh my god I'm fucking dying" experiences?

22 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Weird" experiences? Not "oh my god I'm fucking dying" experiences?

What does it matter, please don't make this thread about me.

9 minutes ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

What does it matter, please don't make this thread about me.

It's not about you. It's about the question you're asking :). Clarifying what experiences you've had can help give more insight into the question.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I think it’s healthy to constantly reevaluate your worldview. I went through a period of hard skepticism lasting a few months recently. I ultimately came to the conclusion that I am quite certain the God Realization is wise to trust, but I have become agnostic about the causes and mechanics of many strange things I’ve experienced that I used to act like I had answers for. At best, I have okay working theories for those things. All of this stuff such as telepathy, extraterrestrial contact, influence from entities, etc. doesn’t really matter all that much compared to the fact that I created it and everything else I’ve ever experienced intentionally. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

no, its real, and effects on people are groundbreaking, from my perspective...,

Direct experience is the only way to Self-realize. Everything else is egoic, because it arises from the conditioned mind.

It is the purest realization possible. Consciousness becomes aware of itself, and realizes that it is not the thoughts that it fooled itself into identifying with all those years. Moreover, it is the realization that those thoughts have always, inevitably led to suffering. Identification with the conditioned mind is hell, and until you directly realize that truth, you will remain trapped in the conceptual cage.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Phyllis Wagner You need to have a direct-experience of a 'state-change' that Leo has mentioned. Until then, yes spirituality will sound and feel like a scam, and might as well be. Personally, in a very deep meditative state, I proved to myself beyond reasonable doubt that this existence is all Maya, an Illusion. I'm none the wiser as to what's actually going on, or who I actually am, but there is certainly something beyond. Of this, I am certain.  

Release me.

Listen to the cringe, what is it saying about the thought (the one about comparing yourself to others and deriving the idea that you are less smart). Feeling & intuition might be saying oh hell no bruh. You might be on the right track, and those you’re comparing yourself to might be asleep in a clueless slumber of non-inspection & non-inquiry....but you gotta abide in feeling rather than label it. One’s cringe is another’s infinite intelligence, sensational guidance. “Not smart enough” don’t jive with creating & experiencing what you desire to. You’re total fuckin awesomeness Phyllis. Feel the discord of any doubt with that. Feel the alignment with truth too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

Do you ever feel like you've been scammed? Like all insights are just cheap sayings people post on facebook along with their selfies while you think you've stumbled upon something deep and read way too much into it. That you delude yourself that you are thinking deep about reality when really all your thoughts are just cringe-worthy? Like all other people are smart enough to accept that there are no answers to the ultimate questions but you just keep on reading and doing all this crap to convince yourself you are doing something significant? 

I am not in a bad mood or anything, but I feel like that sometimes and I wonder if you do too.

Greetings.

I just want to first off state that all cringing, is the person cringings problem. Not the cringed at. I've watched videos where I just loved the video and others thought it was cringy. All cringing is just an ego blockage from love. And I would never trade my old anxious shy hate myself it's all worthless let's play games and be fat forever. For my new loving, proactive, healthy, lifelong student self. Nothing compares with the power of spirituality. It has a lethal level of practicality and benefit on your life. The question is if you are doing it right or not because this stuff takes skill. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary