Javfly33

Is it really worth it to play the game?

41 posts in this topic

So... One week ago I moved to a big city.

I was in a little town in a more or less comfortable job which I sacrificed for the opportunity to move to a big city to focus on two aspects the next years:

- Dating and socializing

- Build a business which I am passionate about (in a little town it would be impossible)

The problem is ,3 days ago I started my new job here and I basically don't know how I am going to put to 8 hours each day. Its more grueling and tough than anything I could imagine. Now I understand what they say about the textile industry (not that I work in textile, but I have a very mechanical monkey job in a factory) If I do 8 hours and they don't "whip us" to produce more and still find this very very fucking tough , I can only imagine doing 12 hours a day of this lol. How they actually don't kill themselves. What?? 

So I find myself asking if it's worth it.

Maybe it's not. After all I am trading part of my physical body and my mind for material things . You could argue this material things are nice but the question is how nice. Are they really worth the price ?

Because we just assume that survival is always worth it. But then so much people are bitter depressed or anxious. And this people will die one day. But they just keep doing the same. Working their ass off to enjoy those fancy shopping malls on Fridays ,that delicious delicate Starbucks cappuccinos and so on lol.

And the punchline is, nobody guarantees that I will be able to create a successful business or even master my social and dating problems. 

Spain?

Woke some thought about how working condition can look like and been developed back and forth around the globe, what 8-12hours in some countries can look like for some people can be hard to imagine for people in some other countries.

24 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Now I understand what they say about the textile industry (not that I work in textile, but I have a very mechanical monkey job in a factory) If I do 8 hours and they don't "whip us" to produce more and still find this very very fucking tough , I can only imagine doing 12 hours a day of this lol. How they actually don't kill themselves. What?? 

The mechanical aspect from doing a certain work in one area of for example manufacturing, this example clothes, can give you some perspective to understand more of many other  manufacturing areas. Or how the social structure can look like and learn stuff that you must have some degree of skill before going start a business there you maybe will fail because lack of certain experience.

Usual societal work is not as exhausting if you have enough self-care.  I do think there is a point when lack of self care and trying to do it all drains you so you do nothing well.. or most problematic for me drains me to the point that I can do only one thing well… keep working and moving. And even more problematically I was always rewarded for this work by everyone. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

41 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

So... One week ago I moved to a big city.

I was in a little town in a more or less comfortable job which I sacrificed for the opportunity to move to a big city to focus on two aspects the next years:

Then focus on it. :) 

The problem is ,3 days ago I started my new job here and I basically don't know how I am going to put to 8 hours each day. Its more grueling and tough than anything I could imagine. Now I understand what they say about the textile industry (not that I work in textile, but I have a very mechanical monkey job in a factory) If I do 8 hours and they don't "whip us" to produce more and still find this very very fucking tough , I can only imagine doing 12 hours a day of this lol. How they actually don't kill themselves. What?? 

If it’s a “monkey job” it’s not taxing on the mind per se, but attitude, outlook and perspective can be. If it’s physically demanding get in better shape. 

So I find myself asking if it's worth it.

Make a dreamboard and live it. Let attitude, outlook & perspective of the current job be appreciative, as it’s just a step in creating your business. Use the emotional scale for self doubt. Turn it into inspiration. 

Maybe it's not. After all I am trading part of my physical body and my mind for material things . You could argue this material things are nice but the question is how nice. Are they really worth the price ?

Why are you thinking in terms of “trading a part of your body”, and why are you focused on material things, vs creating your company? There’s 16 hours a day remaining. What are you doing with that, and how important is well being, diet, fitness, focus, attitude, outlook, and perspective? 

Because we just assume that survival is always worth it. But then so much people are bitter depressed or anxious. And this people will die one day. But they just keep doing the same. Working their ass off to enjoy those fancy shopping malls on Fridays ,that delicious delicate Starbucks cappuccinos and so on lol.

This perspective, in it’s entirety, is only yours. Bit of a zen slap, but hopefully helpful. If you continue down that road of perspective, outlook and attitude, you risk living in emotional discord, suffering and resentment. Again, the emotional scale, when used, is priceless. 

And the punchline is, nobody guarantees that I will be able to create a successful business or even master my social and dating problems. 

Again, zen-slappish, but... why are you even thinking that way? The only certainty is your Being. Someone focused, aligned & inspired is unstoppable, and pays no mind to guarantees. They thrive on the thrill.  Learn from life, now, rather than believing in a conceptual mastery ‘in the future’. You’re in the master class already. It’s This. You guarantee it to yourself. Commit. Believe in yourself. I believe in you. Let go of the “problem” lens, so you don’t miss opportunities, and so you enjoy every bit of the journey. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm are you kidding me? You look like that? I never thought you would look like that. I've no idea why but I imagined you were a funny fatty guy with a huge smile and scrawny look. You look like a skinny serious guy lol. You look like you are ready to slay anything. 

And you told me like 22 years of marriage 

Seriously how old are you @Nahm

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Nahm  Lmao. I need some good glasses. You look super duper young for 46. 

You must be eating a magic diet. 

I have to confess that you're the sexiest guy on the forum. Lucky wifey.

:x

Subscribed to your channel and left a comment there. 

Edited by Preety_India

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Preety_India

:$ How kind! And thanks. Meditation, not worrying, exercise and the loop hole shake come to mind. 

Making notes. Thanks guy. 

@Nahm Dude, you look like Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper's elder stoner brother! HAH! xD:DxD:DxD

Seriously though, congrats on your first Youtube video. The camera loves you, man!!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Nahm i was also a bit shocked to be honest. I can't help it but form mental images of people that i never saw. Just words are not enough to communicate it seems. Looking really good. Congrats on your channel and thank you for sharing your wisdom. 

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

The problem is ,3 days ago I started my new job here and I basically don't know how I am going to put to 8 hours each day. Its more grueling and tough than anything I could imagine.

Lots of new jobs can feel like that at the start, especially factory jobs. You need to be strategic and take pride in learning self-care and how to manage your energy levels properly so you don't burn yourself out. Just remember you only just started, it WILL get easier over time as you get into a routine and get better at your job. Don't go all out at it unless you will be well compensated for it, if you don't anticipate that just do what you need to to earn your money and don't stress about it when you're not there like a lot of people do.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Nahm However why does it feel I never listen to my heart though?

The few times I have listened it has felt so good. Even though the decisions might have been seen by other people as not the "wisest decision".

Basically I am avoiding feeling bad and trying to feel good .

Inspecting (as you like to say) my job might be draining but 90% of the suffering comes from the mental chatter during it , rejecting it, etc... (Ego).

However this is the thing I am trying to eliminate.

I have a belief that my ego is very strong (genetics) and maybe just meditating and trying to have a good attitude is not enough.

Or in other words, I am unmotivated to put up the work lately because I feel I don't make any progress (my ego is still running the show).

So please understand me, when you do or try to do a lot of inspecting, introspection, spiritual work and so on, and yeah you might have some growth here and there, but at the end of the day my ego is what runs the show, well, I get really frustrated and I wonder what really can do to change the situation.

I think not everybody has the same ego and can be changed by the same measures and techniques.

What I am taking about (letting go of survival for some time) seems like a different measure to try to kill my ego.

In nowdays society you can die of hunger anyway. Somebody would put a bowl of rice at the end of the day if they seem me I am not moving and meditating 24/7.

My plan would be to let go of all of my fears and from there, create and live freely.

I know it might sound too radical but you gotta understand I am dealing with a whole live of Ego-live based life and i am really getting to get fraeaking tired of it. I know that I am not the ego so in a sense I am conscious that this is not the best way to live.

If not I would keep living like always. But since I have a contrast with the Self, then I can't avoid but trying to move towards a better feeling and empowered life.

Sorry for the book Lol wasn't my intention to write so much 

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Nahm However why does it feel I never listen to my heart though?

The few times I have listened it has felt so good. Even though the decisions might have been seen by other people as not the "wisest decision".

Basically I am avoiding feeling bad and trying to feel good .

Inspecting (as you like to say) my job might be draining but 90% of the suffering comes from the mental chatter during it , rejecting it, etc... (Ego).

However this is the thing I am trying to eliminate.

I have a belief that my ego is very strong (genetics) and maybe just meditating and trying to have a good attitude is not enough.

Or in other words, I am unmotivated to put up the work lately because I feel I don't make any progress (my ego is still running the show).

So please understand me, when you do or try to do a lot of inspecting, introspection, spiritual work and so on, and yeah you might have some growth here and there, but at the end of the day my ego is what runs the show, well, I get really frustrated and I wonder what really can do to change the situation.

I think not everybody has the same ego and can be changed by the same measures and techniques.

What I am taking about (letting go of survival for some time) seems like a different measure to try to kill my ego.

In nowdays society you can die of hunger anyway. Somebody would put a bowl of rice at the end of the day if they seem me I am not moving and meditating 24/7.

My plan would be to let go of all of my fears and from there, create and live freely.

I know it might sound too radical but you gotta understand I am dealing with a whole live of Ego-live based life and i am really getting to get fraeaking tired of it. I know that I am not the ego so in a sense I am conscious that this is not the best way to live.

If not I would keep living like always. But since I have a contrast with the Self, then I can't avoid but trying to move towards a better feeling and empowered life.

Sorry for the book Lol wasn't my intention to write so much 

This is some excellent inspecting and recognition of feeling & emotions already. Recognizing that the energy drain is the rumination, fueled by the outlook, and that motivation isn’t quite fulfilling or working is very insightful. I would let the frame, or paradigm, of ego and survival go. It doesn’t seem to be working for you, and sounds circular. I’d reframe or reinterpret as thought, and feeling. Looking for resolve in thinking (about ego, what kind you have, killing it, and about survival & wether it’s worthwhile etc) is in a way, just more thinking. Try to recognize what is conceptual, vs, directly experienced. Attempting to point to what one thinks can be helpful. Also, the strategy of letting go of all fears and then creating and living freely, imo, is subtly more avoidance. It’s putting better feeling in a future, while it’s always & only present now. Do whatcha gotta do obviously, just two cents there. I hear you on ‘dealing with a whole life of ego’, but in the reframing, you’re experiencing thoughts, which don’t resonate with you, in feeling. This takes the twoness of you and ego out of the mix, which reduces a lot of thinking, specifically circular thinking, also stands to make feeling and emotions much clearer. 

The tools section I added to my website is (imo) basically tailored to what you’re experiencing. I know the feeling & experience of ending up writing a whole bunch. That, expressing, imo is actually the way to go. Writing is expressing. Similar to using the emotional scale, it’s all about expressing, which ‘get’s it all out’ of you, so to speak, and more source & clarity ‘fills in’. 

I would most definitely make a dreamboard, for several reasons. And keep in mind it only ‘shines’ as a direct experience. Thinking about it is just more thinking. There’s a place on the path of basically ‘where the hell am I even headed in life’. When you start putting anything and everything that feels good to you on the board, everything you’ve experienced in life basically magically becomes the vision (in front of you, visually, on the board & not ‘in your head’) of what you desire, what you want to do in life, and what you want to create and experience. 

Because all of the desiring, wanting & preferences comes from feeling, you start letting motivation go, and start tapping into inspiration. In short, motivation imo is living via the motives of avoiding future scenarios you know you don’t want. If & when you create a dreamboard, also use a pad of paper, and write down everything that comes to mind that you know you don’t want. Get it out, express it. Then write next to it, the opposite, which will become a list of what you do want...then write that list on the dreamboard. 

Overall, focus changes from thinking and focusing on what you don’t want, to feeling and focusing on what you do want. Again, it’s very direct experience. It can’t be thought, because that’s thinking ahead, into a future, where there is no feeling (because there is only now). The beauty of experiencing a lot of what you don’t want, is recognizing you do have much that you do want. The shift from the prior to the later does occur in using a dreamboard. Again, that it is in front of you, and that it stays there (compared to thoughts just swirling around each day) is a total life changer. 

Perhaps the more significant shift, is that as you focus on what you do want, reality (which is unconditional) starts becoming it. It is very storybook, very magical, and imo that is the whole point of experiencing - co-creating. It will bring up new emotional frontiers for you, and as you use the emotional scale to express and release, you really start to get a feel for the overall situation here. You experience, focus on wanted, and creation becomes it. That’s our gig essentially, as creators, and we’re doing it either way. Might as well be what you want. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Javfly33 Not too long ago, I picked up a great quote while listening to Tim Ferris' podcast: "Whatever gets in the way between you and your task IS YOUR TASK."

If it seems like your Ego is getting between 'you' and your happiness, then maybe now is the time to truly face your Ego. Sit with it, stew in it, dive into it, really plumb the depths of it until it no longer holds any sway over you. (You might want to look into shadow work if you want to facilitate / speed up this process; this is a book that can help you face all of your repressed and neglected aspects.)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I am eating candy right now and @Javfly33I just created yet another follow up thread on my situation which is in some ways much similar to your problems. So hopefully we both get some good answers, I am not expecting anything from you Nahm though? hahaha 

But Nahm I just read you answer to Javfly and it was pretty good I must say, therefore I won't do the same because you hit the spot on some points. My advice would have been more direct but that is one of my flaws or maybe my strength, now when I think about it I don't like you Nahm, you are like my opposite, especially if you came to see me in person, I just know it. Javfly I hope you could bear with Nahms lengthy boring advice because he was earlier than me you won't get any epic reply stupid Nahm 

This is my thread which I would like some of you to collaborate on if you would like. 

Nahm is not invited

Also @Nahm I expect better youtube videos, I am not critisising your last one because you said it was your kind of introduction thingy and am shure you won't be offended because you have moved past that. So go and make something inspironational this time, communicate feelings, have a sense of direction and purpose, overflowing energy inwardly which gives you a strong presence, talk as if you were to become one with the person across the screen. Imagine a dog, it is pretty difficult to get a dog to become one with a human face to face because your energies has to be in a certain way and you need to be pretty life sensitive to make a dog reach together with your energies. It's similar communicating across a screen, if you are in a certain state which the watcher don't want to be in right now most of them won't listen, it is about grabbing ahold of the watchers, if you continue to make the same kind of videos imagine there is a class in front of you, what you say must interest as many as possible otherwise ypu are a failure as a teacher and that is a fact. GOOD LUCK!!!!