AdamR95

nomind state and practical life

63 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

In this case your definition of "no mind" is different than mine, well switch "no mind" for "no thinking" then.

There is no self to think the thoughts, you are the thought itself. Therefore no thoughts. Thought can not think the thought. When you say “thinking “, if you dont label and name the word of “thinking “, there will be no more “thinking “.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

"I" am practicing digital art for almost 10 years, "I" perform my best when there's absolutely no thoughts, fully in the zone, mind completely shutdown! In fact "I" just witness the creative force express himself through my hand! "I" don't do anything! "I" need to be gone for the creative force to perform it's job with absolute perfection! :)

31 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

Yes. You know when you have sex, you still move your body in a practical way so that your woman can get an orgasm with you. At that moment, you are not thinking, otherwise you wouldn't get an orgasm. Many things in life is exactly like sex. When butchering a cow with utmost precision and professionalism, you won't be using the analyzing mind. When shooting a basketball shot with utmost profundity, one must possess a certain presence while shooting the ball - I mean with utmost profundity, not some any old good 3 point shooter. In fact, it has been my observation that the best performers, in all professions, have been people who use intuition over their heads. Surprisingly, this holds true even to war. Read the Art of War by Sun Tzu and all he talks about is the importance of Zen or Tao in his method of war. Read the book of five rings and you can see all that muyamato mushashi talks about is flexibility in battle. Steve Jobs had talked about this in his biography saying he takes his gut feeling to be more accurate than his head. Steve Wozniak said he considers himself more of an artist than a technician. I don't know if the analytical mind has to be destroyed completely. Obviously, I cannot agree even to this. However, we must acknowledge the essentiality of intuition. From creation to war this law still abides. Who on Earth dares to argue against this law other than people who are unobervant? 

Yes intuition is powerful thing, but can make mistakes too. I think that thinking and intuition works with each other in synergy. Thinking is like dialog with yourself wich helps you organize your experiences in your mind and then it helps your intuition to be even more acurate.

48 minutes ago, James123 said:

There is no self to think the thoughts, you are the thought itself. Therefore no thoughts. Thought can not think the thought. When you say “thinking “, if you dont label and name the word of “thinking “, there will be no more “thinking “.

My question was about purpose of thinking relative to my practical life, i know its ilusion i am just asking within the ilusion. Question was about a content not a structure.

44 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

"I" am practicing digital art for almost 10 years, "I" perform my best when there's absolutely no thoughts, fully in the zone, mind completely shutdown! In fact "I" just witness the creative force express himself through my hand! "I" don't do anything! "I" need to be gone for the creative force to perform it's job with absolute perfection! :)

That's great. But what if you want to learn a new language or work as a math teacher? Then you would have to think to be successful.

Many highly evolved yogis still use the mind and think sometimes, but they are not addicted to it and their normal state is inner silence.

My spiritual path will take me to a state where I quit thinking in words completely, inner silence all the time. It will work because I will become my intuition and will always know what to do, and I can get knowledge from higher self that is needed in the moment. But unless you have reached a state like that I think you need to think to succeed.

51 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

My question was about purpose of thinking relative to my practical life, i know its ilusion i am just asking within the ilusion. Question was about a content not a structure.

Sure. Body and mind are extremely smart. Just surrender and let go the “self” dont be on control, body will move effortlessly, mind will think when it is necessary and mouth will talk fluently. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

That's great. But what if you want to learn a new language or work as a math teacher? Then you would have to think to be successful.

I agree with you, but it shouldn't be more than just a tool for us, for most people their mind and thought process is where they actually live in, they don't know how beautiful and amazing it is to just "be" without following a constant stream of thoughts!  it's a huge problem! but they are so unconscious that probably they will never become conscious of this whole thing! unless they suffer so much that eventually being in spiritual path would be inevitable for them.

Many highly evolved yogis still use the mind and think sometimes, but they are not addicted to it and their normal state is inner silence.

Exactly! we use it when it's needed, if we chose to sit in silence for 10 hours straight without thoughts there should be no problem! if we can't then it's a big problem.

My spiritual path will take me to a state where I quit thinking in words completely, inner silence all the time. It will work because I will become my intuition and will always know what to do, and I can get knowledge from higher self that is needed in the moment. But unless you have reached a state like that I think you need to think to succeed.

It's the absolute best state one can b in! our natural state of just being! :)

Edited by m0hsen

When there is no mind there is not even a you doing anything, so why worry?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

No worry.

38 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is no I, but there is still experience of doing and worrying. Choises are still made, thinking is still happening. In relative sence these things exist. As long as there is experience of life, these things need to be deal with. I know i am in my esence enlightened but practical issues are still present and if i am living an ordinery life sometimes dualistic thinking is needed in my opinion.

Edited by AdamR95

12 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

There is no I, but there is still experience of doing and worrying.

Come again?

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Come again?

I get your point, but i think you dont get mine. I know there is nothing to worry but worrying is still happening, are you in denial of that?

Edited by AdamR95

57 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

I get your point, but i think you dont get mine. I know there is nothing to wory but worring is still happening, are you in denial of that?

I think you're the one in denial if you know there is nothing to worry about but worrying is still happening xD

You think there is nothing to worry about, and you worry because you think ;)

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, AdamR95 said:

thinking is needed in my opinion.

Thinking can be useful. However, worry only happens within the mind. When there is no mind, there is no worry :)

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think you're the one in denial if you know there is nothing to worry about but worrying is still happening xD

I know ice cream is not good for me, but I still eat it.

Zero denial :P

Recognize that 'trying to be like yourself' and 'trying not to be like yourself' are the same thing. 

YOU are something (Everything) that is happening, not something that 'does things'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Imagine you become lucid in your dream, and instead of enjoying as much as you can and do whatever you wanna do untill you wake up, you start worrying about stuff in the dream O.o you know there's absolutely nothing to worry about in a dream but still there's experience of worrying!! What?!

it doesn't fucking make any sense really.

Edited by m0hsen

19 minutes ago, Snader said:

I know ice cream is not good for me, but I still eat it.

Zero denial :P

exactly!

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Recognize that 'trying to be like yourself' and 'trying not to be like yourself' are the same thing. 

YOU are something (Everything) that is happening, not something that 'does things'. 

agree, we are always ourselfs

@Carl-Richard There is difference between knowing something intelectualy and embodying it. In one sence i know there is nothing to wory about, but in the other sence i am in denial of that for sure. God can choose to experince worying if he want to and it is exactly what he is doing, thats the reason why worrying exist.

Edited by AdamR95