AdamR95

nomind state and practical life

63 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Imagine you become lucid in your dream, and instead of enjoying as much as you can and do whatever you wanna do untill you wake up, you start worrying about stuff in the dream O.o you know there's absolutely nothing to worry about in a dream but still there's experience of worrying!! What?!

it doesn't fucking make any sense really.

You know there is nothing to wory about right? But if there is a hungry grizzly bear aproaching you in full speed you would shit your pants wouldn't you? Even in a lucid dream you would get scared.

Edited by AdamR95

27 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

@Carl-Richard There is difference between knowing something intelectualy and embodying it. In one sence i know there is nothing to wory about, but in the other sence i am in denial of that for sure. 

Intellect is a thought. Knowing is not a thought. Knowing is.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Intellect is a thought. Knowing is not a thought. Knowing is.

Depents on your definition, if you define knowing as a being i agree with you.

1 minute ago, AdamR95 said:

Depents on your definition, if you define knowing as a being i agree with you.

You can only know one thing. You can think a lot of things :) 

37 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

You know there is nothing to wory about right? But if there is a hungry grizzly bear aproaching you in full speed you would shit your pants wouldn't you? Even in a lucid dream you would get scared.

See we all fear in life right? But how much of our fears is like the one you described? Almost zero!

We worry and fear 99 percent of time about some of the most ridiculous stuff too that we don't actually have to! 

You can only worry, fear, become anxious when you are not conscious enough! Even in some serious life threatening scenarios self-aware people don't lose themselves in the mind body automatic reactions! Because they realized their true nature! So they are fine even when they are not fine!

Edited by m0hsen

This topic wasnt meant to be about nonduality, but about integration of no-thinking state to practical life. This debate just turn into who has better understading of nonduality, we just start debate about words and definitions :D

i had glimpses of nonduality and basic undestanding of it too, i am not enlightened and i am not saying that i dont have an ego. I have lot of work to do to embody insights of nonduality and i am aware of dualistic nature of language wich is a reason we disagree even we are talking about the same thing :D

9 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

See we all fear in life right? But how much of our fears is like the one you described? Almost zero!

We worry and fear 99 percent of time about some of the most ridiculous stuff too that we don't actually have to! 

You can only worry, fear, become anxious when you are not conscious enough! Even in some serious life threatening scenarios self-aware people don't lose themselves in mind body aromatic reactions! Because they realized their true nature! So they are fine even when they are not fine!

I just stated that worrying can exist even when you know there is nothing to worry. Beside that, i can agree with all that you said.

3 hours ago, nistake said:

This short video describes this pretty neatly:

this is great advise, thank you :)

25 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

This topic wasnt meant to be about nonduality, but about integration of no-thinking state to practical life. This debate just turn into who has better understading of nonduality, we just start debate about words and definitions :D

Integration of no-thinking state into practical life is what I've been talking about all the time.

24 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

I just stated that worrying can exist even when you know there is nothing to worry. Beside that, i can agree with all that you said.

Yes thoughts, emotions can still exist, but are we 100 percent identified with it like ordinary people? See in this path we practise and strive to remind ourselves of our true nature, every time we are lost in the illusions of the ego-mind, so the more we see the distance between ourselves and the illusions the more conscious we become, and eventually the mind is no mind! 

See it's all about the  power you give to the mind by forgetting about your true self, and becoming unconscious, if you completely forget about it then I'm afraid you're fucked up and lost in the dream!

Edited by m0hsen

4 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Yes thoughts, emotions can still exist, but are we 100 percent identified with it like ordinary people? See in this path we practise and strive to remind ourselves of our true nature, every time we are lost in the illusions of the ego-mind, so the more we see the distance between ourselves and the illusions the more conscious we become, and eventually the mind is no mind! 

See it's all about the  power you give to the mind by forgetting about your true self, and becoming unconscious, if you completely forget about it then I'm afraid you're fucked up and lost in the illusion!

If i am home on my cough and meditating its easy to be in piece and in state of no mind. But in work its different, and i have a feeling that thinking is needed in these situations. Maybe i just need to be present in the thinking process. The thinking isnt the problem but attachment to thinking is and proper balance is whatever i choose to be proper balance. I just needed to clarify that for my self. I think i am clear now.

10 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

If i am home on my cough and meditating its easy to be in piece and in state of no mind. But in work its different, and i have a feeling that thinking is needed in these situations. Maybe i just need to be present in the thinking process. The thinking isnt the problem but attachment to thinking is and proper balance is whatever i choose to be proper balance. I just needed to clarify that for my self. I think i am clear now.

Keep meditating and no-mind will become your default state. No need to "be present". It will unfold naturally and you don't have to worry about thinking or not :)  

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Keep meditating

I recommend self-enquiry too! Very very powerful technique.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Keep meditating and no-mind will become your default state. No need to "be present". It will unfold naturally and you don't have to worry about thinking or not :)  

Do you personaly have experience of no-mind for long period of time for atleast few days? just curious.

13 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

Do you personaly have experience of no-mind for long period of time for atleast few days? just curious.

Almost 1 year ago I decided to give up searching for enlightenment because I realized I wasn't ready for it. Ever since that day, I've been forced into a state of no-mind every single waking moment of my life, and I've been fighting it with all my might, because I fear it. Effectively, I'm actively trying to re-ignite my mind everytime it disappears for too long.

So in that sense, I would have to answer no, but in another sense, I don't doubt that it's possible, because if I just relax and go about my day, sooner or later no-mind happens. It also happens at times where I would otherwise expect my mind to be active (for instance during a written exam or when I'm reading a book), but even then, my mind can suddenly disappear and whatever I'm doing just happens on autopilot. 

I've also heard Sadhguru talk about that sometimes he can go weeks without one single thought entering his mind. Regardless, I don't see the problem either way as long as you're doing the work, with thoughts or without thoughts, as long as you're being true to what "is".

Edited by Carl-Richard

14 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

You'll reach a state which you become so conscious of who you are that it'll dramatically reduce your thought process in unimaginable way forever! Then after there's only thoughts when needed. And even if unwanted thoughts arise, there's no one to care about! :) See? Then being unconscious like before would be impossible for you no matter what you do or what situation you are in. :)

Edited by m0hsen

15 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

This guy talks about what it's like to "lose your mind" while having to do important work (spoiler: nothing happens xD):

13 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

Is it possible to be in nomind state permanently and still remain practical in life or do you need some balance? Are some of you able to be in nomind state for long period of time? Whats your experience? I am curious.

Some teachers refer to this as state chasing, some teachers insist you must, but ultimately, wether no mind is a state, is up to you. Chase away. Run rabbit, run. I don’t mind at all. One is never actually listening to anyone else, only one’s own intuition actually. The head game is always a foot. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I don’t mind at all. 

Oh no you did not just do that xD. Are you really this good at puns or is it just all in my mind? :P 

Edited by Carl-Richard