AdamR95

nomind state and practical life

63 posts in this topic

Is it possible to be in nomind state permanently and still remain practical in life or do you need some balance? Are some of you able to be in nomind state for long period of time? Whats your experience? I am curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

%80 is the moment 

%20 is the thought process. 

Overthinking or repetitive thoughts doesn’t take place. Just decide and do it. 

Sometimes moment is too deep (if no thought process happens for long time) “you” disappear as sleep. And just “be”.

Identification ends.

 Play the so called human character as in the game. 

Bliss, freedom and effortlessness which is the moment, which is you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@James123 Thank you for your reply. So idealy i use thinking only when i want to, am i right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👍anytime.

3 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

@James123 Thank you for your reply. So idealy i use thinking only when i want to, am i right?

Yes. Or when it is necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One simple formula I've worked on to be active while minimizing mind is maximizing flow state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's what the ancient idea of wu wei is all about. Check it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Snader said:

One simple formula I've worked on to be active while minimizing mind is maximizing flow state.

But there is a danger that i am working mindlessly on something wich is destructive. This is a reason why i want to use my mind to self-reflect but i am curious where is that balance or if its possible to be in flow constantly and still avoid the trap of toxic life purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AdamR95

✅ "I want to buy milk in a grocery shop" 
❌ "I need to protect myself from this evil people"
✅ "The guitar sounds amazing"
❌ "I need to prove my opinion to this person"

Spiritual journey is about letting go of thinking that stems from the belief of separation. Your 'practical' life still remains 'practical' after a self realization, you just know it for what it is, so you can truly appreciate the experience.


My Instagram: @dima.happy.living Open for private online sessions for spiritual guidance. Happy to help, by helping others we help ourselves 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

But there is a danger that i am working mindlessly on something wich is destructive. This is a reason why i want to use my mind to self-reflect but i am curious where is that balance or if its possible to be in flow constantly and still avoid the trap of toxic life purpose.

Did you take Leo's life purpose course?

It helps you to come up with your authentic higher self values. Raising your consciousness and acting out of those values you minimize the risk of ending up with a toxic life purpose while still keeping the thing authentic to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Snader said:

Did you take Leo's life purpose course?

It helps you to come up with your authentic higher self values. Raising your consciousness and acting out of those values you minimize the risk of ending up with a toxic life purpose while still keeping the thing authentic to you.

Thanks for replying but i think this is not really answer to my question. I think even if i have good values and healthy life purpose i can still fall into some traps and because of that i think i need to use thinking to self-reflect sometimes. And i am curious if i can be in no-mind state and still self-reflect somehow or need some balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

if i can be in no-mind state and still self-reflect somehow or need some balance.

Have to let go and surrender the “I”. No more future nor past. Just now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

I think even if i have good values and healthy life purpose i can still fall into some traps and because of that i think i need to use thinking to self-reflect sometimes.

What's wrong with thinking, if it's for your development?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, James123 said:

Have to let go and surrender the “I”. No more future nor past. Just now. 

Thanks for reply, what are you talking about is being present, nomind state is a different thing in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Snader said:

What's wrong with thinking, if it's for your development?

good point, maybe its wrong only because i am addicted to it :D

this comment actually made me realise this, thanks

Edited by AdamR95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is not thinking, it is automatic anyways. Thinking and doing are automatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AdamR95 said:

good point, maybe its wrong only because i am addict to it :D

Tame your mind and gain control over your thinking rather than just dump it. It's hell of a tool when used properly and pain in the ass when not :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

Thanks for reply, what are you talking about is being present, nomind state is a different thing in my opinion.

No mind is no “I”. If there is no “I”, you are the moment. Identical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, James123 said:

No mind is no “I”. If there is no “I”, you are the moment. Identical. 

In this case your definition of "no mind" is different than mine, well switch "no mind" for "no thinking" then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. You know when you have sex, you still move your body in a practical way so that your woman can get an orgasm with you. At that moment, you are not thinking, otherwise you wouldn't get an orgasm. Many things in life is exactly like sex. When butchering a cow with utmost precision and professionalism, you won't be using the analyzing mind. When shooting a basketball shot with utmost profundity, one must possess a certain presence while shooting the ball - I mean with utmost profundity, not some any old good 3 point shooter. In fact, it has been my observation that the best performers, in all professions, have been people who use intuition over their heads. Surprisingly, this holds true even to war. Read the Art of War by Sun Tzu and all he talks about is the importance of Zen or Tao in his method of war. Read the book of five rings and you can see all that muyamato mushashi talks about is flexibility in battle. Steve Jobs had talked about this in his biography saying he takes his gut feeling to be more accurate than his head. Steve Wozniak said he considers himself more of an artist than a technician. I don't know if the analytical mind has to be destroyed completely. Obviously, I cannot agree even to this. However, we must acknowledge the essentiality of intuition. From creation to war this law still abides. Who on Earth dares to argue against this law other than people who are unobervant? 

Edited by charlie cho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice that when you're on autopilot mode your are time traveling, you can be found everywhere but absolutely not in the present moment and so have very little almost no attention on what you're doing.

So we'd be even much finer being in present moment fully engaged with the task in hand in the no-mind state.

In fact you'd be even fine being in this state almost all the time! :)

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now