diamondpenguin

Where do you awaken to

14 posts in this topic

Hey everybody I was wondering how this whole awakening thing works. It seems pretty new to me and it just doesn't seem real. So you can tell already that I'm not a woke person or enlightened but ever since I saw Leo's videos on it, it seemed really interesting. I'm still trynna figure out my career and all that for now, so awakening is kinda on the back burner but I'm doing daily meditation. So I was wondering, where do you awaken to, are you still here or do you go to some magical dimension, do you get some special powers? Does everything look the same or different? Can you morph the world? I've heard that it's that you realize you are the world, but is that it? 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Good questions.

5 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

So I was wondering, where do you awaken to, are you still here or do you go to some magical dimension, do you get some special powers?

There is only here. It's not like you are reaching that here from this here, there is only one here. You may think you have some kind of power over your life. Based on this belief, you may think that awakening brings more power. That's not the case. The apparent power over your life disappears, and it's realized there is only living.

Does everything look the same or different? 

Nothing is changed, everything is different. Analogy would be, imagine you wear a yellow glasses for quite a long time and then you put it off. World has not changed, but it looks very different without glasses, the colors are more real.

Can you morph the world?

This question assumes "the world" as something outside of you. 

I've heard that it's that you realize you are the world, but is that it? 

Yes, it's realized (not as a concept) that you are everything. Every moment is seen as magical, as gift from God (yourself), you know nothing. The only practical selling point of enlightenment is end of suffering as Buddha mentioned. It's possible to have peace of "mind" in any circumstances. Continue daily meditation and basking in this theme, try different tools, follow what feels good. ?

"One who seeks will find, and for one who knocks it will be opened." − Jesus

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Sure you can go to other dimensions haha, but that's not what awakening is really about.

Interdimensional travel, psychic powers, and heightened senses are merely side effects.

Awakening is about the change in the context of reality, not the change in the content.  

You can compare it to becoming lucid in a dream. 

When you become aware that you're dreaming, the context of your experience changes without the content changing.

Awakening is similar to this recontexualization but on an even more fundamental level with many more facets to it. 

Before awakening, chop wood  carry water. 

After awakening, chop wood carry water. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It's a bit like trying to imagine what it's like to be a 99 year old. You have an idea, but you don't really know. So you go and talk to a 99 year old. You can see they're old and you ask them questions and they tell you all about it and their answers seem genuine. But you still don't really know.

The only way to know for certain what enlightenment is like, is to wait until it happens. 

My guess is that it won't give you superpowers or take you to a magical dimension. But what it probably will do, is obliterate who and what you think you are.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

@Tim Ho I never thought of peeing as a special power. I don't think I can unsee that insight ever again. 

2 hours ago, Valwyndir said:

Awakening is about the change in the context of reality, not the change in the content.  

You can compare it to becoming lucid in a dream. 

When you become aware that you're dreaming, the context of your experience changes without the content changing.

Awakening is similar to this recontexualization but on an even more fundamental level with many more facets to it. 

Gold!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Tim Ho I don't want to derail the thread, but I'm going to. 

No. Something always stops me from be able to: blocked toilets, can't find toilet, flooded toilet floors etc. It's both disgusting and annoying 9_9. It's probably a hangover from too many clubs and festivals IRL.

@diamondpenguin Enlightenment literally, literally, literally cannot be put into words. But we do it anyways because as humans, we cannot help ourselves. xD The way I like to put it is that it's a non-experience. You realize yourself as the entire universe. And since you are ALL of it, there is nothing. Why? Because all bases are covered. You can't perceive or sense any of it because YOU ARE IT. Total mind-blow! A kind of creepy part about it is that you realize that there is no "self" to enlighten because all of it is already you.

Following enlightenment, feelings and perceptions (how you relate to the world) change for the better. I don't yet know much else than that; I still have a lot to learn myself. My advice is to take it slow; don't try to awaken as fast as possible, because there's tons of emotional labor involved and you'll wanna spread that out over time. (It already sounds like you're in no hurry, so that's good! Life purpose is just as important as awakening in my opinion. In fact, awakening can be a part of your life purpose! :D)

Ken Wilber on nonduality: It is too complex to be known,; too simple to believe; too present to be grasped; too here to be felt.

Best of luck.

@diamondpenguin

you've got the essence of what occurs right here: Like an eagle that thinks it's a chicken

what happens the moment the eagle realizes it's an eagle and not a chicken - nothing happens. the false drops away.

what happens the moment you see that it's not a snake but a piece of rope - nothing happens (in the sense there's no sudden wind or a sound or a background music)

yet, what follows that moment can be talked about

the eagle then spreads its wings and takes flight, the eagle then goes on a hunt for food that will actually satisfy its hunger.

the fear transforms into laughter upon seeing the snake for the rope it always was

the realization is sudden and instant. like a bolt of lightening. but it plays out in time. then sure, you can go onto learn to morph your reality to your will... you already are doing it as you move objects around with your hands and walk from one place to another... but you open the door to another dimension (in time) where you can learn to think and affect your world (think Mathilda style) - sky's the limit.

another analogy is like this - think of a fan that's running at full speed. you pull the plug, the power is cut off right away, but the fan (old conditioning running) comes to a stop in time... then perhaps it can start to turn again, but in the right direction - instead of a fan, it has become an engine :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

When you wake up tomorrow, notice it’s an assumption based on that you slept, which you had no actual direct experience of. It’ll make it obvious you’re a lucid dream. When “you” are “awake”, God is asleep. When “you” are somewhere else, who knows & who cares where that could be, God is wakefulness. Don’t get caught with your pants down awakening 365 times a year...looking for what awakening is. Intercept the inception, don’t sleep on Barry O! 

tumblr_mej8ibYEwm1qjaoj5o1_400.gif

(Don’t do drugs per se, just meant to instill some lightheartedness)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

56 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@diamondpenguin

you've got the essence of what occurs right here: Like an eagle that thinks it's a chicken

what happens the moment the eagle realizes it's an eagle and not a chicken - nothing happens. the false drops away.

what happens the moment you see that it's not a snake but a piece of rope - nothing happens (in the sense there's no sudden wind or a sound or a background music)

yet, what follows that moment can be talked about

the eagle then spreads its wings and takes flight, the eagle then goes on a hunt for food that will actually satisfy its hunger.

the fear transforms into laughter upon seeing the snake for the rope it always was

the realization is sudden and instant. like a bolt of lightening. but it plays out in time. then sure, you can go onto learn to morph your reality to your will... you already are doing it as you move objects around with your hands and walk from one place to another... but you open the door to another dimension (in time) where you can learn to think and affect your world (think Mathilda style) - sky's the limit.

another analogy is like this - think of a fan that's running at full speed. you pull the plug, the power is cut off right away, but the fan (old conditioning running) comes to a stop in time... then perhaps it can start to turn again, but in the right direction - instead of a fan, it has become an engine :)

That's really interesting. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Let me quote that colored dude from The Shining: 

"Nothing... There is Nothing in room 237. But you ain't got no business going in there anyway, so stay out! You understand? Stay out!"

Lol jokes aside, welcome to the path. Indeed you get special superpowers from realizing you don't exist and your whole life was a lie. You get to be born again but this time knowing you were never born and you will never die. You just are. Everything going on at this exact moment is all that you are and ever will be. There is no time, there is no distance, there is no you, there is no "other dimension". There only is. That is the greatest superpower one could ever have. 

Now, how do you reach this special superpower? You realize you already have it, but you just gotta "search your inventory", aka. yourself. When you realize there is no inventory to look into you'll find it. But by then you'll realize no one was even looking anywhere in the first place. 

Good luck! :)

On 2/1/2021 at 2:01 AM, diamondpenguin said:

where do you awaken to

The Reality.

are you still here or do you go to some magical dimension

The Reality, has no time,no dimension.  'Here" is a "placeless place" that can't be pointed to. There is "hereness",but that is about as much as can be said. When the"I am the body" (name and form false identification) is fully seen through, there is no longer an illusory sense of boundary separating an 'inside me" from an outside "not- me" . Reality,or Truth or whatever  you want to call what is essentially nameless,includes and simultaneously transcends the physical "boundary" of form . This is transcendence,Liberation,true Freedom. If you still experience that you are a simple physical body,then true awakening/transcendence has not happened.

It needs to be said that this is not something the ego can hear and believe itself into,which is what it always tries to do. Direct experience transcends belief or faith. That's why it's referred to as Truth.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard