levani

what is your career/job/purpose ?

22 posts in this topic

i want to see what you (higher/higherish consciousness people) do for money

i'll go first

i run an events company/nightclubs

i started working in mayfair/london a few years back chasing models/hot girls on the street and rich looking materialistic guys and got them into fancy selective clubs and worked my way up from there

i am a spoiler young adult lol and still looking for my life purpose in a way

Edited by levani

@datamonster i remembering googling "highest paying jobs" 10ish years ago haha, daya scientist was one of them

isn't data science like "different ways of thinking" ?

Studying to be a project manager. I liked planning out cities in minecraft as a kid so I'll do project management as a career. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

12 hours ago, levani said:

i started working in mayfair/london a few years back chasing models/hot girls on the street and rich looking materialistic guys and got them into fancy selective clubs and worked my way up from there

Ah thats really cool man. I used to run some events/DJ for a much less wealthy crowd up in Leeds. What kind of events are you running? What are the clientele like? I would find it infuriating dealing with super privileged bar/club types but I bet they pay well.

Right now I'm a Maths teacher working in International schools. At the moment I work in Vietnam. I love this place and my life just gets better and better. I resent having to work for an employer though so next step - escape wage slavery. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

I am a realtor. But it's so hard to sell or rent a house. There's a lot of complications and expectations and I always ended up selling/renting a few homes a year. 

Edited by hyruga

I am a student.

My life purpose is to improve the quality of our education system. I plan on doing that from being an instructional coordinator.

@Shmurda mad, yeah bro we pay well, in different ways to different services, can't really get into it here but the more unique the service that someone provides the more they get paid, or aka the more value they provide the more they get paid and shit

@hyruga yea broo, airbnb fucked you and your whole industry (hard)

@Yahya you should find likeminded people and open one of those unique stage green/yellow schools

23 hours ago, levani said:

i'll go first

@levani ahah I live in London and use to do a similar thing ?! 

Filmmaker and also work in a therapy centre

I am a wage slave.

But I will be an electrician one of these days...

Used to build molds for thermoplastic injection. Now I'm a programmer working in cryptocurrency field.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

On 2/1/2021 at 9:56 PM, levani said:

@hyruga yea broo, airbnb fucked you and your whole industry (hard)

In my country, airbnb is not allowed. So it doesn't affect me but Covid-19 definitely does.

8 hours ago, levani said:

@tsuki do you like what you do now ?

I do. The previous job paid well enough, but I hit the ceiling and I was fed up with work environment. I was passionate about programming for many years but my self esteem didn't allow me transition it into a profession. Glad that it turned out this way.

A year later I earn twice as much as before and are treated as a human being, so definitely turned out as a plus. 

Still, it's a job that I do until I heal and then will transition to something more beneficial.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Was a director of a company that employed people with disabilities. Left that and started a leather fashion company. Left that and become a professional touring circus performer. Left that and became a writer, specializing in nonduality fiction stories. I like to mix things up and try new life purposes. 

to be present, to be best version of myself as long as i can "hold it"

On 2/3/2021 at 6:25 AM, levani said:

@Sempiternity interesting AF, don't you wanna do 1 thing and master it via 10,000h ?

I did master each career, that's precisely why I moved on from each. I felt I had done everything there was to do, feeling complete and satisfied, leading to a desire to master another endeavor.

Just doing some rudimentary math, if you spend roughly 8 hours a day, every day of the year, doing something you're passionate about, it would only take about 3.5 years to master that craft. So for me, 5 years is a great amount of time to master a craft and fully enjoy everything that craft has to offer.