Hulia

I would just ban the word "GOD" on this forum

32 posts in this topic

It would make the moderator´s job easier. No silly questions any more. I mean it! Seriously.

1 minute ago, Vibroverse said:

God bless you ??

He (She?) will!

The devil wants to ban God, eh? What else is new?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For a long time, I avoided using labels like "God" because they tend to be so dogma-driven. But then I saw a lot of solipsism and nihilism, where people were having conceptual awakenings, without realizing the divinity of their true Selves (from my personal perspective). So now I speak more in spiritual terms.

For the forum, people are welcome to use God or other religious references, as long as there is mutual respect, and the discourse doesn't devolve into religious debate.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

This thread just reminded me of something funny that I used to do on the forum that I used to host on my website (years and years ago) to help eliminate some of the cursing (it was an all ages forum)... I wrote some code that would simply replace certain words with silly words.. so for example, if someone typed in 'fuck', when they posted it, it would appear as 'farm'... it was hilarious.. buncha mother farmers. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle I like the idea! @Leo Gura If you don´t want to ban a word, this silly small word. Then replace it! By devil for example.

Didn´t you tell, that God = Devil? :) 

OK, if you don´t want Devil, take Conscience/Nothingness..for example. Nobody will ask if Nothingless is unenlightened.

28 minutes ago, Moksha said:

For a long time, I avoided using labels like "God" because they tend to be so dogma-driven. But then I saw a lot of solipsism and nihilism, where people were having conceptual awakenings, without realizing the divinity of their true Selves (from my personal perspective). So now I speak more in spiritual terms.

What is conceptual awakening? 

Are you telling me, that god is not a concept? Or less concept than solipsism and nihilism?

Edited by Hulia

pepetama.png.5a53137b530905ae6cb8b33584171568.png

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Just now, Hulia said:

What is conceptual awakening? 

Realizing that you are able to observe your thoughts, and therefore that you are not your thoughts. However, it is not what I call spiritual awakening, or directly feeling the sameness of yourself in everything else, and realizing the interconnectedness and oneness of it all.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Realizing that you are able to observe your thoughts, and therefore that you are not your thoughts. However, it is not what I call spiritual awakening, or directly feeling the sameness of yourself in everything else, and realizing the interconnectedness and oneness of it all.

You think "god" is a good word to express "the sameness of yourself in everything else and the interconnectedness". This is practically the first thing that comes into our mind when we hear the word "god". Hmm... Honestly I would prefer just "interconnectedness" or "sameness". 

I think that spiritual discussions would be much more entertaining if we activated a filter that changes "God" to... [enter profanity of your choice]

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, Hulia said:

You think "god" is a good word to express "the sameness of yourself in everything else and the interconnectedness". This is practically the first thing that comes into our mind when we hear the word "god". Hmm... Honestly I would prefer just "interconnectedness" or "sameness". 

It resonates with me, but maybe because I see God as Love, which is the sameness and interconnectedness of everything. Also, much of my spiritual growth has come through scriptures like the Bhagavad Gita, which are rife with divine references.

The challenge with terms like "God" is that people tend to associate particular religious beliefs, due to whatever upbringing they may have had. It can be hard for them to separate dogma from spirituality.

@Gesundheit I didn´t find your question dumb. For me it´s a logical questions which arises out of the statement, that Leo is God, your are God, me is God, everyone is God. Leo and a couple of others are enlightend, but 99,999% of us are not. It´s a ligitimate question to ask if God can be considered as enlightened with his petty 0,001% :) 

I think this rule should be adapted. Any time the word God is used the individual must include a personal definition for the word. Half the time people are saying God, consciousness, nothingness, etc. on this forum they are talking about completely different things. God is just a shitty word because damn near everyone has their own meaning for the word. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

What's the big deal with the word God? 

Might as well ban the word self. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Gesundheit I can imagine a story with the title "The adventures of unenlightened God" Or better a cartoon. Yeeh, a cartoon would be great. Touching and funny - a tragicomedy.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

What's the big deal with the word God? 

Might as well ban the word self. 

Because Leo doesn´t allow any kind of debates about god, which are not in compliance.

34 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Because Leo doesn´t allow any kind of debates about god, which are not in compliance.

The devil must be kept in check. Only devils want to debate about God.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie