Leo Gura

When You Wonder Why Our Politics Is So Bad

14 posts in this topic

This is it in a nutshell. It's a lot simpler than you think:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Spiderman was too funny and the guy with Marijuana leaves scarf who says he saw him in the movies. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Ooh I remember that segment, I saw it! It was a skit making fun of how stupid and uninformed the American public was. Not so funny now.

The thing with Americans is that some of them don't know anything but some of them know so much. 

??

For example you're an American but you know a lot. And that's very puzzling. 

Two extreme ends. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

They missed the opportunity to make the Joe Who joke

Joe mama! 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay Joe bama ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The thing with Americans is that some of them don't know anything but some of them know so much. 

That's so true, there is this dichotomy that on the one hand America has produced or gave harbor to some of the world's most brilliant people. People who are cutting-edge artists, scientists, engineers, businessmen, or even spiritual masters. But on the other hand, the masses of people can't even point to Portugal on a map. 

I would like to think that it is a little better in Europe, after all, there is this image that we are sophisticated and refined. But the truth is that most people are very simple and have no interest in general knowledge. 

Edited by Vrubel

The audience laughed at the end when the guy said he's the assistant president. They dont know either.

2 hours ago, Vrubel said:

I would like to think that it is a little better in Europe

Defund one third of destructive military projects, and fund public  education...say 250 billion.

So the proposed action steps we should take are to know every key figure in every branch of government? Or do we just shut out politics and view beings as equals? What are good, unbiased, educational resources that everybody can use to learn from?

Edited by Lucas Kehr
adding content

4 hours ago, Vrubel said:

That's so true, there is this dichotomy that on the one hand America has produced or gave harbor to some of the world's most brilliant people. People who are cutting-edge artists, scientists, engineers, businessmen, or even spiritual masters. But on the other hand, the masses of people can't even point to Portugal on a map. 

I would like to think that it is a little better in Europe, after all, there is this image that we are sophisticated and refined. But the truth is that most people are very simple and have no interest in general knowledge. 

Is that really so surprising in a country where the division of both Wealth and Social Capitol is so extraordinarily uneven? We have some of the best research institutions in the world, yet if you drive to an elementary school in a neighborhood twenty minutes away you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd crossed the border into a developing country.

If anything, this speaks to huge developmental imbalances within American society and institutions 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

This is maybe a fifteen or thirty minute drive away from the picture below, taken from Gross Pointe, a rich suburb that lies on the border of Detroit.

126a60883e9ab5882ba0695556e6d9f3l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

In my personal opinion, those who register to vote should have to pass a quiz proving political and historical knowledge.

This was also my opinion in graduating my A level (see maybe mob rule of Socrates), however even a digital quiz is not scalable. We just need proper education in school which reaches into the family and social life of children and teens in a natural way. You don't learn shit if the environment isn't conducive to your educational career.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.